The Aer Lingus name change policy (i.e., name correction policy) requires that the first and last name on your flight booking be the same as that on your valid legal ID, such as your passport or government-issued photo ID. If the name on your ticket or boarding pass does not exactly match the name on your legal ID, you must have it corrected immediately or you may not be allowed to board your flight.
Note: According to the Aer Lingus name change policy, you must ensure that your first and last name appear correctly and exactly match the name on your passport or government-issued photo ID. That’s what most airlines look for to cross-check a passenger’s ID and to make sure that the passenger to whom the ticket was issued is travelling, and not someone else.
The major highlights of the Aer Lingus name change policy are as follows:
- Your first and last name must appear correctly on your ticket.
- You don’t need to do anything if your middle name:
- Does not appear on your ticket
- Has been misspelled
- An Aer Lingus name change on a flight can include:
- Name corrections, such as due to typographical errors, misspellings, etc.
- Legal name changes due to marriage, divorce, adoption, court decree, etc.
- When making a name correction/name change, you must present supporting documentation (such as your valid legal ID) as proof.
- The deadline to change passenger names is 2 hours before journey commencement, but the earlier you correct your name, the better.
- If you plan to make a name correction at the airport check-in desk, arrive early and get it completed no less than 2 hours before departure.
- An Aer Lingus ticket name change for tickets purchased through travel agents or third parties must be processed by the original sales agent directly—it will not be processed by Aer Lingus.
- An Aer Lingus change of name on flights is only permitted on flights that are run by Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus Regional, and CityJet for Aer Lingus.
- You’re allowed to correct/change the passenger name by phone, at an Aer Lingus sales office, airport ticketing counter, or through the third party that issued your ticket—but not online through Aer Lingus’ website.
You don’t need to change your flight or cancel it for making a name correction. Just pay the name change fee and get your name corrected.
Aer Lingus Name Change Fee
The Aer Lingus name change fee is USD 157 (i.e., GBP 80/EUR 100) per passenger.
How to Change Passenger Name on Aer Lingus
You’re allowed to correct/change the passenger name on a flight ticket on Aer Lingus:
- By phone
(This number is open 24/7 and is toll-free if you’re calling from the United States or Canada)
- Through an Aer Lingus call center in your area
- Through an Aer Lingus sales office in your city
- At the Aer Lingus ticketing counter at the airport
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, you must get in touch with them directly to process the name change/correction for you.
- If your name change is due to a recent divorce or marriage, you must provide legal documentary evidence to support your request.
Name Change Conditions
- Name changes must be made at least 120 minutes before departure.
- Name changes can only be made on flights operated:
- By Aer Lingus
- By Aer Lingus Regional
- For Aer Lingus by CityJet
- If you change a passenger’s name, it will apply to every flight on the itinerary.
Aer Lingus Voucher Name Change
Aer Lingus allows voucher name changes, including the transfer of a voucher to another person.
You can perform a voucher name change online as follows:
- Go to AerLingusVouchers.com
- Click on Manage Voucher
The Manage My Voucher will open
- Select the Name Change option
- Enter your Voucher Number and PIN
- Click on the Continue button
- Make the required changes to your first name and surname
(you can also change the e-mail and delivery date if you want)
- Confirm the changes
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Aer Lingus allows a change of passenger name for a fee, as long as the flight is operated by Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus Regional, or by CityJet on behalf of Aer Lingus. You can make a name change up to 2 hours before your flight, and once you make the change, it will apply to all the flights on your itinerary.
The cost to change a name on Aer Lingus is USD 157 (EUR 100).
An Aer Lingus change of name is not free in most cases (unless it’s a very minor error and the airline decides not to charge you for it). You will be charged a name change fee of USD 157/EUR 100 to make a name correction.
It does not matter if your middle name does not appear on your Aer Lingus flight ticket. As long as your first and last name appear correctly on your ticket, you have nothing to worry about.
The Aer Lingus name change policy does not require you to correct misspelled middle names, as long as your first and last names appear correctly.
Yes, Aer Lingus name change (i.e., name correction) is required for all passengers, including unaccompanied minors travelling alone.
The Aer Lingus name change policy requires an exact match between the first and last name on a ticket with that on your valid government ID. However, the absence (or presence) of a middle name on your ticket doesn’t require any correction.
If the first and last name on your ticket do not appear correctly, you must contact Aer Lingus at least 2 hours before your flight’s departure and request them to correct your name. Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board your flight. When getting your name corrected, you may be required to present your legal ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) to support the name correction.
You can perform an Aer Lingus change of name on a ticket up to 2 hours prior to departure, i.e., the name correction or change must be completed at least 2 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
You can change the name on a flight ticket on Aer Lingus by phone, at a city office, Aer Lingus ticket counter at the airport, or through the travel agent that issued your ticket. When making a name change or correction, be sure to carry documentary evidence as proof.
The name change fee at Aer Lingus is USD 157/GBP 80/EUR 100.
Aer Lingus charges USD 157/GBP 80/EUR 100 for a name change.
No, you don’t need to change your Aer Lingus flight for making a name correction, as long as you pay the name correction fee.
No, you don’t need to cancel your flight to get your name corrected on Aer Lingus. Just pay the fee and an Aer Lingus representative will do it for you.