JetBlue offers a variety of convenient options for check-in. You can check in online or with JetBlue’s mobile app. Once you’ve checked in, you can download and print your flight’s boarding pass at home or use a mobile boarding pass on your smartphone. If you prefer to check in at the airport, JetBlue has self-service kiosks available at most airports. JetBlue also offers a convenient curbside check-in service for those who want to avoid the lines inside the terminal.
How can I check in for my JetBlue flight?
You can check in for JetBlue flights using any of the following options:
- Online check-in (i.e., web check-in)
- Mobile app check-in
(Android or iOS app)
- Remote check-in
- Curbside check-in (JFK)
- Kiosk check-in (domestic flights)
- Airport counter check-in
JetBlue Online Check in | Web Check in | JetBlue.com Check in
JetBlue web check-in—how to check in online from JetBlue’s website
JetBlue’s online check in is available from 24 hours to 40 minutes ahead of departure on domestic flights and 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time on international flights. But for flights to/from Cuba, you must check your bags at the airport at least 4 hours before departure.
Follow the steps below for checking in online through JetBlue’s website:
- Go to JetBlue.com
- Hit Check In
- Retrieve your itinerary by entering your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- (Select and enter) any one of these:
- Your confirmation code, or
- Your flight number and departure airport, or
- Your TrueBlue number and departure airport
- Click on the Find Flights button
- Confirm the check-in and choose how you want to receive the boarding pass:
- Make a printout, or
- By email, or
- On your mobile phone
When performing an online flight check in with JetBlue, you can also:
- Select or change your seat from the seat map
- Upgrade your seat
- Purchase up to 9 bags per passenger
(the system will prompt you to enter the number of checked bags)
- Print your bag tags at home (optional)
(Your bag tag number will also appear on JetBlue boarding pass. When you reach the bag drop location at the airport, a JetBlue crew member will print your bag tags for you. Alternatively, you can print it at the airport’s self-service kiosk).
Note. If you’re travelling with checked bags, don’t wait till check-in time. You can add up to 2 checked bags at least 24 hours before departure to save USD 5 per bag.
Passengers Not Eligible for Online Check-in
Are there any exceptions to JetBlue Airways check-in (online)?
Online check-in may not be possible if:
- You’re flying from or to Cuba
- You’re holding an unconfirmed booking
- You need special/medical assistance
- You’re holding an unaccompanied minor’s booking
- You’re traveling with a pet or a service animal
- You need to buy extra baggage
JetBlue Mobile Check in
How to check in using the JetBlue mobile app?
JetBlue’s mobile app can be used to check in from 24 hours to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time on domestic flights up to 60 minutes prior to departure on international flights (4 hours for flights to/from Cuba).
- Mobile check-in is available at all domestic airports in the United States and select international airports (listed below).
- You can download only 1 boarding pass per smartphone.
- If you can’t use your JetBlue boarding pass, you can reprint it at a self-service kiosk or seek assistance from a JetBlue staff member.
After you’ve checked in with the mobile app and the system confirms your details, your flight’s mobile boarding pass will show up as a barcode on the screen. Save it on your smartphone so that you can present it at the check-in counter and departure gate.
JetBlue’s mobile app can be used to:
- View upcoming and past itineraries
- Search for flights and book them
- Select or change your seat
- Check in online
- Get your flight’s boarding pass
- Receive important notifications in real-time
- Change or cancel your flight
- Add extras
- Even More Space seat(s)
- Manage your TrueBlue account
- Chat online with a JetBlue crewmember
- Book an airport pickup
- View inflight entertainment options, snacks, and drinks
Mobile boarding passes can be used at the following international airports:
- Quito, Ecuador (UIO)
- Turks and Caicos (PLS)
- St. Thomas (STT)
- St. Lucia (UVF)
- San José, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Quito, Ecuador (UIO)
- Punta Cana, DR (PUJ)
- Port of Spain, Trinidad, and Tobago (POS)
- Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe (PTP)
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
- Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ)
- Medellín, Colombia (MDE)
- London-Gatwick (LGW)
- London-Heathrow (LHR)
- Lima, Peru (LIM)
- Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD)
- Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR)
- Kingston, Jamaica (KIN)
- Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE)
- Guatemala (GUA)
- Grenada (GND)
- Grand Cayman (GCM)
- Georgetown, Guyana (GEO)
- Curaçao (CUR)
- Cartagena, Colombia (CTG)
- Bridgetown, Barbados (BGI)
- Bogotá, Colombia (BOG)
- Aruba (AUA)
- Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda (ANU)
JetBlue Airways Remote Check in
How to check in remotely for your JetBlue flight?
You can check in remotely for a small fee (up to USD 20) at least 2 hours before departure at JetBlue’s Remote Check-in properties that include hotels, convention centers, rental car areas, on- and off-airport parking areas, and onboard cruise ships.
To remove check-in, all you need to do is visit one of JetBlue’s check-in properties, check in for your flight, and drop off your bags at least 2 – 4 hours before departure, depending on the location. You will be issued your JetBlue boarding pass by a BAGS representative, after which your bags will be tagged and taken to the airport directly, and safely and securely boarded on your aircraft.
Port areas served include:
- Port Canaveral (MCO)
- Port of San Diego (SAN)
- Port of Miami and Port Everglades (FLL)
- Always check the airport arrival times as they can vary.
JetBlue Curbside Check in
Curbside check-in is available at select airports, such as New York JFK International Airport, from 6 hours to 40 minutes ahead of the scheduled departure time . Curbside check-ins are a great way to bypass the long lines at the airport ticket counter.
To perform a curbside check-in, you will need:
- Your photo ID, and
- Your flight reservation code, or
- Your flight number destination, or
- Your e-ticket number
- Curbside check-in at JFK is available only during the airport’s hours of operation.
- There’s no check-in fee, but a USD 3 fee will apply per checked bag.
- Only debit/credit cards are accepted.
- Check whether your airport offers curbside check-in from this link.
- You must check in within your airport’s recommended check-in hours.
JetBlue Kiosk Check in
You can check in for a domestic flight at a self-service kiosk from 6 hours before departure till your check-in deadline if you’re traveling with checked baggage and from 24 hours before departure till your check-in deadline if you’re traveling without checked baggage. When checking in at a kiosk, you can also receive a printout of your bag tags (for self-tagging your bags).
The self-tag option is available at the self-service kiosks in the following cities:
Austin, TX (AUS)
Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Buffalo, NY (BUF)
Boston, MA (BOS)
(BWI) Denver, CO (DEN)
Chicago, IL (ORD)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
New York, NY (JFK, LGA)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Richmond, VA (RIC)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Tampa, FL (TPA)
San Juan, PR (SJU)
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)
Quito, Ecuador (UIO)
Washington, D.C. (DCA)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)
For checking in at an airport self-service kiosk, you’ll need to:
- Identify yourself by entering any of the following:
- Your confirmation code, or
- Your Barcode, or
- Your passport number, or
- Your credit card details, or
- Your TrueBlue number
- Confirm your flight details
- Choose and confirm your seats (optional)
- Indicate the number of checked bags you’re carrying
- Check in
- Collect your flight’s boarding pass/passes
- Print your bag tag (optional)
- Go to the bag drop area
Note. Boarding passes can be reprinted at a kiosk.
When checking in at a kiosk, you can also :
- Confirm, change, or upgrade a seat
- Add bags
- Add a pet
- Obtain bag tags for your baggage
- Add your Known Traveler or TrueBlue number
After you’ve checked in, you’ll receive:
- A printed copy of your JetBlue boarding pass
- Your bag tags (optional)
When you drop your bags at a bag drop desk, a JetBlue crewmember will check your ID and then scan and weigh your bags. You can now head for the departure gate.
Passengers Not Eligible for Kiosk Check-in
Checking in at a self-service kiosk may not be an option if:
- You’re taking a flight to or from Cuba
- Your booking is unconfirmed
- You need medical or special assistance for checking in
- You’re travelling on an unaccompanied minor’s ticket
- You’re flying with a service animal or a pet
- You’re traveling on a group reservation of 10 or more passengers
- You’re traveling on an international flight
JetBlue Airport Counter Check in
You can report at the airport counter 4 hours before departure, but the recommended time is at least 3 hours ahead of departure, especially if you’re carrying checked baggage. However, if you’re traveling to or from Cuba, you must complete your check-in at least 4 hours before departure.
Note. Always check your airport’s recommended arrival time and check-in counter hours.
JetBlue Check in Time
What is the JetBlue check-in time via different methods?
The JetBlue flight check in times are as follows:
- Online Check in Time
What is JetBlue’s online check-in time?
The online check in time at JetBlue opens 24 hour before departure and closes:
- 40 minutes before scheduled departure (with bags) for domestic U.S. flights.
- 60 minutes before scheduled departure (with bags) for international flights.
- You must drop your bags off before the check-in deadline.
- Airport arrival times and check-in counter hours can vary, so always check in advance.
- Airport counter check-ins are mandatory for passengers travelling to/from Cuba.
- Mobile App Check in Time
JetBlue’s mobile app check-in time is the same as the its online check-in time.
- Remote Check in Time
You can remote check in with JetBlue for a small fee at least 2 hours prior to departure at select hotels, convention centers, rental car areas, on- and off-airport parking areas, and onboard cruise ships.
Port areas served for remote check-in at JetBlue include:
- Port Canaveral (MCO)
- Port of San Diego (SAN)
- Port of Miami and Port Everglades (FLL)
- Airport Curbside Check in Time
Curbside check-ins are available at New York JFK International Airport from 6 hours to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Since the airport check-in times can vary by airport, always cross-check on the day of departure.
- Airport Kiosk Check in Time
JetBlue’s kiosk check-in time is available as follows:
- With checked baggage. From 6* hours before departure till your check-in deadline.
- Without checked baggage. From 24 hours before departure till your flight’s check-in deadline.
* 4 hours if your flight departs from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Airport Counter Check in Time
Per JetBlue’s recommendation, you should reach the airport at least 3 hours before departure, especially if you’re carrying checked baggage. But when traveling to/from Cuba, you must complete your check-in 4 hours before departure.
- Airport check-ins are not available more than 4 hours before departure.
- The airport check-in times can vary, so always check your ticket before leaving.
- Closes 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for domestic flights.
- Closes 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for international flights.
JetBlue Boarding Time
All passengers must be on board the aircraft before boarding closes.
- Boarding closes 15 minutes ahead of departure for a domestic flight.
- Boarding closes 20 minutes ahead of departure for an international flight.
At the airport check-in desk, you must present your passport and/or original official ID card and other travel documents such as your e-ticket or TrueBlue card. After presenting the required documents, you’ll be able to check in your bags, obtain a seat assignment (unless booked earlier), and collect your flight’s boarding pass.
Tagging Your Bags
Whether you’ve checked in earlier or not, you can quickly print your flight’s boarding pass and bag tags at the airport.
- At most airport kiosks, you’ll be able to scan your flight’s boarding pass (mobile or printed) and print your bag tags automatically without your having to touch the screen.
- If you’ve already checked in at home, head directly to bag drop/ticket counter at the airport before your flight’s check-in deadline.
- If you’re late in checking in your baggage, JetBlue cannot be held liable for any charges that you may incur.
- JetBlue does not accept baggage more than 6 hours prior to departure (San Juan: 4 hours).
JetBlue Boarding Order
JetBlue’s boarding order is as follows:
- Pre-Boarding. Includes passengers with disabilities. However, passengers with a disability must inform the gate agent before general boarding is announced.
- Early Boarding. Includes Mosaic and Mint passengers.
- Even More Space passengers (Group A)
- Courtesy Boarding. Includes active-duty military personnel and families travelling with children in strollers or car seats.
- General Boarding
- Group B
- Group C
- Group D
- Group E (except for E-190 aircraft)
- Remaining passengers
- Unaccompanied minors who arrive before boarding starts will be boarded first with the pre-boarding group or at the end if they arrive during the boarding process.
- The best way to board early (with group A) is to select an Even More Space seat.
Frequently Asked Questions on JetBlue Check-in
Yes, JetBlue offers online check-in through its website from 24 hours to 40 minutes ahead of departure on a domestic flight and 60 minutes prior to departure for an international flight, based on the departure city.
The online check-in option can be used if you’re holding an e-ticket and have ready access to your confirmation code, e-ticket number, or your frequent flyer account number. You will not be able to check in online if you’re a special needs passenger, unaccompanied minor, or are travelling with a pet, or you need to buy more than 2 additional bags.
• Passengers travelling from/to Cuba
• Passengers with unconfirmed bookings
• Passengers requiring medical/special assistance
• Passengers travelling as unaccompanied minors
• Passengers travelling with pets
• Passengers who need to purchase extra baggage
If your JetBlue check (web/app) is not working, it could be because:
• The JetBlue server is down.
• There’s a glitch in the mobile app.
• Your smartphone is not compatible with the mobile app.
• You’re using a VPN on your smartphone.
• Your mobile app hasn’t been updated for long.
• The mobile app’s cache needs cleaning.
• Your mobile data or wi-fi is not working properly.
You will not be able to check in online for your JetBlue flight if:
• Your booking is not confirmed.
• You will be requiring medical/special assistance at the airport/in the aircraft.
• You’re flying alone as a minor.
• You’re flying with your pet.
If you fall in any of the above categories, you will need to check in at the airport counter.
JetBlue allows you to check in early (online or with the free mobile app) 24 hours before departure. This includes adding your checked bags in advance, after which you can obtain your bag tags by scanning your mobile or printed boarding pass at an airport kiosk at most airports.
Yes, it does. You can check in (online or with JetBlue’s mobile app) 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time till the check-in deadline, depending on your departure airport and flight route.
Yes, but you will have to drop your bags at the airport baggage drop counter before the check-in deadline for your flight.
Yes, the baggage fees can be paid online for up to 2 bags at the time of checking in. However, if you’re checking in more than 2 bags, you must pay for the additional baggage at the airport.
In most cases, yes.
You can check in (with your baggage) for a JetBlue international flight from 24 hours to 60 minutes prior to departure. However, the check-in times vary by airport, so you should always check in advance.
Yes, you can pay your baggage fees at one of JetBlue’s check-in kiosks.
JetBlue does not charge a fee for standard seat assignments.
You should check in online from 24 hours to 40 minutes ahead of departure on domestic flights and 1 hour before departure on international flights. But remember, you must drop off your bags before the check-in deadline for your airport.
You should reach the airport at least 3 hours before departure, especially if carrying checked baggage. But when traveling to/from Cuba, you must complete your check-in 4 hours before departure.
The minimum check-in time for passengers travelling with just carry-on baggage is 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time on domestic flights and 1 hour before the scheduled departure time for international flights.
The check-in time if you’re travelling with checked baggage on JetBlue is 40 minutes prior to departure on domestic routes and 60 minutes ahead of departure on international routes.
The boarding gates for JetBlue flights close 15 minutes ahead of departure for domestic routes and 20 minutes ahead of departure for international routes to or from the U.S.
After you’ve completed your online check-in through the Check In tab on JetBlue.com, you will be prompted to print (or download) the boarding pass for your flight. Proceed with the print option to make a printout of the boarding pass at home. Alternatively, you can print it at the airport’s ticket counter or self-service kiosk.
After checking in, you can view your flight’s boarding pass:
• In JetBlue’s mobile app, through which you can review an upcoming trip. You can also use the mobile app to download and save the boarding pass (self-scannable) so that you can access it later at the airport.
• Through Manage Trips by entering the required information (last name and confirmation code/ticket number), going to the My Booking page, and using the Get Boarding Pass link at the bottom to view or print the boarding pass.
• At the airport by printing it at a self-service kiosk or ticket counter.
If you’ve made a group booking, you must check in at a ticket counter where you will be issued a boarding pass you’ve checked in.
JetBlue’s e-ticket check-in lets you check in for your flight online or with the mobile app using your e-ticket number and last name from 24 hours before your flight’s departure till the check-in deadline. After you check in, you can download, save, and/or print your self-scannable boarding pass and avoid having to stand in a line at the airport.
Your flight may be ineligible for online check-in if:
• Your country of destination requires Onward Travel/Proof of Return at the departure airport’s ticket counter.
• You’re flying from or to Cuba.
You can find your flight’s terminal and gate information:
• In the flight confirmation e-mail you would have received after booking your ticket. It appears below the Flights section under the origin and destination cities. However, the Gate information will appear on your flight’s boarding pass.
• In JetBlue’s mobile app. Both terminal and gate information will appear under the origin and destination cities of the Trip Detail/Upcoming section/My Trips tab.
• On your JetBlue boarding pass.
Note. Gate assignments can change, so always check the app and/or flight info displays at the airport and pay attention to gate announcements as the departure time of your flight approaches.
Visit JetBlue’s Airport Information page for the latest information on terminal locations.
On the day of travel, you can collect a TSA-approved companion pass at a JetBlue ticket counter to go through security to help a passenger get to or from a gate if you don’t have a ticket. For details on the types of passes, visit the Airport Information page, select the departure city, and select the Unaccompanied Minor option.
• Gate Passes cannot be obtained for international arrivals and non-U.S. cities.
• Meet & Assist services are available for arrivals and departures and must be requested at the time of booking.
To email the boarding pass to yourself:
• Go to Manage Trips, fill out the required information, and press the enter button
• You will reach the My Booking page
• Click on Itinerary Options on the top right
• Choose Email Itinerary from the dropdown menu
• Enter your email address
If you’re not checking in any baggage and already have your mobile or paper boarding pass, you can proceed straight to security. You don’t need to stop at a self-service kiosk or ticket counter unless you need to change or upgrade your seat, add a pet, or your TrueBlue/Known Traveler numbers.
Your JetBlue confirmation code is a 6-letter code that you would have received in your confirmation email when you booked your ticket. You will need the confirmation code or your ticket number to check in for your flight.
The JetBlue phone number through this website is 1-844-933-2065. You can call this number for any check-in-related (or other) information.
You can check in with JetBlue online, with the mobile app, via remote check-in at select locations, at the curbside (JFK airport), at an airport kiosk, or a ticket counter.
You must complete your check-in with bags at least 40 minutes before scheduled departure for domestic U.S. flights and at least 60 minutes prior to departure for international flights.
Online check-in for most flights is available from 24 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure for international flights and 40 minutes before scheduled departure for domestic routes in the U.S.