Can you change the passenger name on Emirates?
The Emirates change of name policy allows you to correct the name on your ticket if it is misspelled. You must get the corrections implemented before catching the first flight in your itinerary. Emirates does not allow passengers to change the name on their ticket so that another person can use it to travel in their place.
Legal Change of Name
If you legally changed your name after purchasing your ticket—such as due to marriage, divorce, adoption, court decree, etc.—you must provide valid legal documentation to implement the name change on your ticket.
Emirates Name Change/Name Correction Fee
Will I be charged a fee to correct my name on an Emirates ticket?
If the name on your ticket has been misspelled, you may be able to get it changed for a fee. The name correction fees are as follows:
- Name Change/Correction Fee for All Countries Except India, U.K., and Brazil
- USD 30 per ticket for direct bookings through Emirates (website, sales office, or call center).
- USD 30 per ticket for third-party bookings.
- Name Change/Correction Fee for India
- Free of charge for tickets sold in India.
- United Kingdom
- GBP 10 per ticket for direct bookings through Emirates (website, sales office, or call center).
- GBP 20 per ticket for third-party bookings.
- Free of charge for tickets with a point of sale and journey origin in Brazil.
Emirates Name Change Procedure
How do I request a name change/correction for my ticket?
You can request a name change/correction for your ticket as follows:
- If you booked your ticket directly through Emirates, you must contact Emirates by phone or through a ticket office and get the name change on your ticket implemented at least 2 hours before your flight’s departure.
If you booked your ticket through a travel agent, you must contact the travel agent and have the name change/correction implemented by them.