Emirates’ Unaccompanied Minors service is available for children known as Young Passengers, or YP. The service can be availed by children between the ages of 5 and 15, per details given below:
- Children between 5 and 11 years who are flying alone
- Children below 8 years flying in a different cabin class from a parent or guardian
- Children between 12 and 15 years (optional)
Per Emirates’ Unaccompanied Minors policy:
- Children below 12 cannot fly solo—they must fly as Unaccompanied Minors
- Children between 12 and 15 can fly alone—as well as opt for the Unaccompanied Minors service
Emirates’ Unaccompanied Minors service provides:
- Help through the Airport
- A staff member will meet your child at the Unaccompanied Minors check-in desk
- The staff member will stay with your child throughout and help with security and immigration
- Priority Boarding
- Your child will board first (with other families)
- The cabin crew will help stow your child’s hand baggage and make them comfortable
- Care on the Flight
- The cabin crew will make sure your child is comfortable and looked after well
- Inform Emirates in advance if:
- Your child has any special dietary requirements
- Your child has any seat preferences
- You would like to order a cake if it’s their birthday
- Support After Landing
- An Emirates staff member will be at the aircraft door to receive your child
- Your child will be escorted all the way through to the parent or guardian
Unaccompanied Minors Service Fee / Fare
- An unaccompanied minor must fly on an adult fare
- Children between 12-15 years will be charged a service fee of USD 50 for each leg of the journey
How to Book Unaccompanied Minors Service on Emirates
To book your child’s flight as an Unaccompanied Minor, you will need to contact Emirates at least 12 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
- Visit the contact Emirates page
- Select your city from the dropdown list
- Call the local phone number that appears against your city
You can also use the LiveChat option to book the Unaccompanied Minors service (or get more information).
- Go the Emirates official website: www.emirates.com
- The live chat dialog box will pop up in the lower right corner of your screen
- Click on ‘Start chat’
- Book the Unaccompanied Minors service, or
- Ask for more information
Before booking the Unaccompanied Minors service, do go through the terms and conditions, such as:
- The Unaccompanied Minors service for Young Passengers (YPs) applies only to Emirates-operated flights.
- The maximum connection time at the airport cannot exceed 4 hours.
- The maximum connection time for Emirates flights at Dubai International airport is 8 hours; if it exceeds 8 hours, you will need to seek approval from Emirates.
- Young Passengers cannot stay overnight at a connecting airport unless an adult guardian meets and takes care at the transit point (subject to approval).
- Young Passengers requiring special assistance or specific care must be accompanied by a guardian who is at least 18 years old.
- The child’s authorized guardian must complete and sign a Declaration of Indemnity form (available at Emirates’ airport offices) before the Young Passenger can fly with Emirates.
- You (or the Young Passenger’s legal guardian) must stay at the airport until the flight has departed.
- The parent or guardian receiving the Young Passenger at the airport must provide a valid proof of identification.
- Your child’s passport will be kept by Emirates during the period of service.
- How to make changes to the Young Passengers paid services
- How to apply for refunds
Submit your review