The Volaris name change policy requires you to ensure that your name is properly spelled and other information is presented correctly. If your name does not appear correctly on the ticket or boarding pass, you may face a boarding denial. Fortunately, Volaris allows a change of name on tickets for both international and domestic routes, provided they’re made before the name change deadline, which is 4 hours prior to departure for an international flight and 90 minutes prior to departure for a flight within Mexico.
Volaris Name Change in a Nutshell
The major highlights of Volaris name change policy are provided below:
- Name changes are permitted for international and domestic flights. You can make a name change (for a fee):
- Up to 4 hours prior to departure for an international flight departure.
- Up to 90 minutes prior to departure for a domestic flight within Mexico.
- You can save on the name change fee in the following ways:
- Flights to/from the U.S. If your flight is to or from the United States, you can cancel it for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase if the date of your flight is not in the next 7 days from the date of purchase. You can then rebook your ticket with the correct name.
- Domestic flights within Mexico. You can cancel a flight within Mexico for a full refund within 24 hours after ticket purchase if the date of your flight is more than 24 hours later. You can then rebook your domestic flight with the correct personal details.
- Volaris does not permit name changes if:
- You purchase your ticket with electronic credit.
- Your flight has already departed and you didn’t show up for a segment on your itinerary.
- You want to change an adult ticket to a ticket for:
- An unaccompanied minor, or
- An elderly passenger
How to Change Name on Volaris Ticket?
You can change the name on a flight ticket on Volaris:
- By phone through a call center in your area
- At a Volaris retail outlet near you
- Online through website
- Through your travel agent
- At the airport at check-in counter
Exceptions: You will not be permitted to make a name change if:
- You’ve booked your ticket through electronic credit.
- You didn’t show up for a flight on your itinerary.
- You intend to change an adult passenger ticket:
- To an unaccompanied minor ticket, or
- To an elderly passenger’s ticket
How to Change Name on a Volaris Ticket Online?
To make a Volaris name change online, follow the steps below:
- Go to homepage at Volaris.com
- Select My trips
- Retrieve your flight booking from the Manage your trips page that shows up:
- Enter your Reservation code and Last name
- Click on the Go to My Trips button
- Select your flight
- Follow the prompts to change the name
Note: If the name change option does not appear after following the steps above, you will need to get in touch with a call center and request an agent to process the volaris name change policy.
Volaris Name Change Fee
The name change fee is route-dependent (domestic/international). Remember, you must make the name change no less than 4 hours prior to departure for international flights and 90 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights within Mexico.
Domestic name change fee
- The Volaris name change fee for domestic national routes within Mexico is MXN 1,100.
International name change fee
- The name change fee for international routes is USD 110 and applies to routes between:
- Mexico – U.S.A/Camiri/Salamo
- U.S.A. – Camiri/Salamo.
- The name change fee for other international routes (intra Camiri) is also USD 110.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Change Name on Volaris Ticket
If you wish to learn more about Volaris name change policy, view the answers to the FAQs below.
Yes, all passengers can change names on a ticket on Volaris, as long as it does not amount to a change of passenger.
You can change the passenger name on Volaris by phone, online (if permitted for your country), through a ticket office, your travel agent, or at the airport.
The airlines charges MXN 1,100 to change a name for domestic flights and USD 110 to change a name for international flights.
To edit your Volaris profile:
1. Log in to your account
2. Go to the personal information section of your profile
3. Select the Edit Profile
4. Edit your Volaris profile
The Volaris change name process requires you to make the required correction to your name through a call center, ticketing office, website, travel agency, or airport counter.
You will also be required to present a copy of your government-issued ID or court papers in the name change relates to marriage, divorce, adoption, etc.
You can change the name on your plane ticket up to 90 minutes prior to departure for a domestic flight and up to 4 hours prior to departure for an international flight.
Yes, you can change the name on a ticket after marriage, but you must support the name change with a marriage certificate and pay the name change fee before the deadline.
Yes, you can, if you can support it with proper documentation/legal paperwork and it does not amount to a change of passengers.
Yes, you can change the your name if you’ve already checked in earlier. You’ll have to call Volaris and request an agent to uncheck you for your flight and then make the name change, as long it is before the aforementioned deadlines.
The Volaris change name fee for domestic flights is MXN 1,100. For international flights, the change name fee is USD 110.
Yes, you can change the name on a Volaris flight, provided you do it before the minimum deadline and pay the name change fee.
Yes, you can change the passenger name on Volaris for a fee, provided it’s for the same passenger, you make the name change before the deadline (4 hours prior to departure for an international flight and 90 minutes prior to departure for a domestic flight).
Yes, you can change the name on a plane ticket if you make the change no less than 4 hours prior to departure for an international flight and 90 minutes prior to departure for a domestic flight, and pay the applicable name change fee for your route.
You can change the name on a Volaris flight by phone through call center at the following numbers:
+1 855 VOLARIS (8652747)
Mexico +52 (55) 1102 8000
Honduras +504 2202 7900 and TTY- +1 (855) 425-2002
Guatemala +502 2301 3939
El Salvador +503 2504 5540
Costa Rica +506 4002 7462
Colombia +57 60 1744 3272