Air France tickets can be refunded or changed without penalty up to December 31 2021
Air France has amended its cancellation policy due to COVID-19. Under the revised Air France cancellation policy, all tickets purchased up to December 31, 2021 (except group rates and allotments), can be cancelled and refunded or changed without penalty.
The key takeaway is that the penalty fee waivers apply up to December 31, 2021 to both:
- Air France Cancellation Policy
- Air France Change Flight Policy
How the Revised Air France Cancellation Policy/Change Flight Policy Affects You
The revised cancellation and flight change policies allow you to take advantage of fee waivers.
You can now:
- Make changes to your trip (or postpone it) free of charge
Regardless of the fare conditions on your ticket, the new Air France change flight policy allows you to make changes to your flight/trip without penalty. This applies to all flights departing on or before December 31, 2021.
- You must change your trip up to your first flight’s day of departure.
- You can change your travel date and/or destination without any penalty.
- If your new ticket is costlier (or the original fare is not available), you will only have to pay the difference if fares and taxes (if any).
- You can make the changes online for most tickets through My Bookings. If you’re unable to, contact online customer service.
- Refund your ticket free of charge
The revised Air France flight cancellation policy now allows you to request a travel voucher or a cash refund on any flight up to December 31, 2021—up to your first flight’s day of departure.
- You can request the travel voucher or cash refund online through My Bookings.
- To qualify for a cash refund, your ticket must be refundable; if not, you can opt for a travel voucher.
- If you’re unable to request a voucher or refund through My Bookings, fill out this online form.
- Group rates and allotments are excluded from this policy.
- If your ticket is non-refundable, you can opt for a travel voucher.
- The voucher will be valid for 1 year.
- The voucher can be redeemed anytime during its validity.
- If your new ticket is costlier, you will have to pay the fare difference; if it’s cheaper, the balance will be converted into a new travel voucher with the same conditions.
- You can request a travel voucher online for most tickets through My Bookings or fill out this form. Processing your request can take from several days to a few weeks.
Air France 24-hour Cancellation Policy
The Air France 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all tickets booked directly through Air France (website, mobile app, ticket counter or call center) and from the United States. Under this policy, you can cancel your flight booking without penalty if:
- You cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking, and
- You make the reservation at least one week before your flight’s departure, and
- You book your ticket for a flight from or to the United States
Air France Cancelled Flight Policy
The Air France ticket cancellation policy allows you to claim a refund if Air France cancels your flight. If you’re offered an alternative flight, you can either opt for it without paying extra or ask for a refund—the choice is entirely yours.
Air France Business Class Cancellation Policy
If you’re holding a Fully-Flex Business Class fare, you’re allowed to:
- Change your flight and/or travel dates without penalty.
- Cancel your ticket and ask for a refund without penalty.
Air France Cancellation Policy under Normal Conditions
After things return to normal and Air France withdraws or relaxes the COVID-19 travel waivers, the following cancellation policies will continue to remain in force:
- The 24-hour cancellation policy for tickets to or from the United States will always apply. If you book your ticket from the United States and directly through Air France at least 7 days before departure, you can cancel it within 24 hours and receive a full refund—no matter what type of ticket you’ve purchased.
- You can also cancel your ticket and receive a penalty-free refund if:
- Air France cancels your flight.
- Air France delays your flight by more than 5 hours.
- Air France does not stop at your destination.
- Air France denies you boarding on a confirmed booking despite your having checked in on time for your flight.
- Air France downgrades your booking class.
- Your Air France flight is delayed and this causes you to miss a connecting flight in the same itinerary.
After things return to normalcy and the above conditions do not apply, Air France will allow you to cancel your flight and get a refund on all but Flying Blue Award tickets, if:
- You purchased your ticket at least 2 days to 12 months ago, and
- You have not yet received your boarding pass
The amount of refund will depend on your ticket’s fare conditions. Plus, non-refundable service charges may also apply.
Note. If a single booking includes multiple passengers, the cancellation will apply to all the passengers within that booking.
How to Know if Your Air France Ticket is Refundable
You can know whether your ticket is refundable or not by reading the fare conditions on your ticket. Alternatively, you can Air France or your travel agent and ask.
Air France Change Flight Policy
What is the Air France flight change policy?
The Air France flight change policy allows you to make changes to your ticket if the fare conditions on your ticket allow flight changes to be made. The major highlights of the flight change policy are as follows:
- You can modify your ticket if the fare conditions on your ticket allow you to do so.
- The fare conditions of your ticket will be mentioned on your booking confirmation mail and ticket.
- Changeable tickets can be modified by phone (+1-844-903-1897) or online.
- Online flight changes can be made through the My Bookings or Assistance – Modify Your Trip Online section of Air France’s website.
- To change your flight online, retrieve your flight booking and then:
- Change your flight dates, schedule, or travel itinerary
- Change your travel class
- Update your contact details
- Select or modify your seat preference
(The step-by-step instructions on how to change your flight online are provided in the section titled How to Change Your Air France Flight Booking Online).
Flight Rebooking Options
For all flight tickets purchased up to December 31, 2021 (except group rates and allotment), you can change your date of travel and destination up to the day of travel for free. The original value of your ticket will be credited toward the purchase of your new ticket.
If you’re holding a non-refundable flight ticket scheduled for departure up to December 31, 2021, you can:
- Convert it into a travel voucher (free of charge) and utilize it within 1 year.
- If your new ticket is costlier, you will have to pay the fare difference.
- If your new ticket is cheaper, the balance will be converted into a new travel voucher with the same conditions.
- You can request a travel voucher online for most tickets through ‘My Bookings’ or fill out this form.
How to Cancel Your Air France Flight Booking
How to cancel your ticket and get a refund
You can cancel your Air France flight booking in the following ways:
- For tickets purchased online from Air France’s website, mobile app, or ticket counter, or call center, you can cancel:
- Online through My Bookings.
- By phone (+1-844-903-1897 or a call center in your area).
- For tickets purchased from a travel agent, contact them directly.
- For reward tickets, contact Flying Blue directly.
How to Change Your Air France Flight Booking Online
How can I change my flight on Air France?
A screenshot of the My Bookings tab on the Air France website
If you booked directly through Air France’s website, mobile app, ticket counter, or call center, you can change your travel date, time, and/or destination online through My Bookings as explained below.
- Go to AirFrance.com
- Click on My Bookings
The Your Booking page will open on your screen
A screenshot of the Your Booking page on the Air France website
- Retrieve your booking by entering your booking reference and last name
- Click on the Search button
- Select the flight booking you want to change
- Follow the prompts to:
- Change the date, flight schedule, and travel itinerary
- Change your travel class
- Change your seat preference
- Pay the fare difference (if any)
You can also change your Air France flight booking through the mobile app.
How to Change Your Air France Flight Booking by Phone
How can I change my flight ticket on Air France by phone?
You can change your Air France flight date and/or flight time by calling a local office in your area at one of these numbers:
- United States +1-844-903-1897
- Canada +1-844-903-1897
- Flying Blue +1-800-375-8723
- From abroad +1-519-772-3570
French and English: 24/7
Spanish: Mon – Fri, 8am – 10pm
Saturday – Sunday, 9am – 7:30pm ET
Air France Flight Change Charge
- You will not be charged any change flight fee if you change your Air France flight:
- From a self-service kiosk.
- By phone (i.e., by calling Air France directly).
- You will be charged USD 20 if you change your flight at the airport or a city ticket office.
- If you’re modifying a ticket purchased from a third party, you will be charged:
- USD 50 for non-full-flex tickets (city office or by phone).
- USD 0 for full-flex tickets.
How to Use an Air France Travel Voucher
Your Air France travel voucher is a non-transferrable credit voucher with 1-year validity. You will receive it by email after making a refund request. You can use your travel voucher to purchase a new ticket or extra options on Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, or Delta Air Lines. Air France allows you to use up to 3 travel vouchers at a time to purchase a ticket.
To use your travel voucher, follow the steps below:
- Go to AirFrance.com
- Log in to your account
- You will be able to view your voucher/vouchers
- On the payment page, enter your voucher number (starts with 057) in the field marked Discount code, voucher, or gift card
- Click on the Apply button
- The value of your voucher will be automatically deducted from the total amount due
- Pay the balance amount (if any) using any of the payment options available on the website
If your new ticket’s value is less than the value of your travel voucher, the balance will be converted into a new travel voucher with the same conditions as the original travel voucher.