We’ve all been there—you’ve just planned your trip only to realize that you made a typo in your name when booking your flight. Don’t panic, TAP Air Portugal understands that mistakes happen, and has a name change policy in place to help passengers like you. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through TAP Air name change policy, including the requirements, fees, and steps to take to change or correct the name appearing on your ticket. So, if you find yourself in need of a name change or correction, keep reading.
Major Highlights of TAP Air Portugal Name Change
The section below highlights the major features of TAP Air name change policy and explains the process of correcting or changing the name on your ticket. Whether it’s a simple typo or a legal name change, TAP Air has guidelines in place to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for passengers.
- The name on your ticket must exactly match the name on your passport/legal ID.
- If the name on your ticket does not match the name on your passport or legal ID, you may not be allowed to board your flight.
- Name changes/corrections are permitted on unused tickets.
- Only one name change per ticket is permitted.
- When making a name change or correction, you must have valid supporting documentation to prove your name (passport, driver’s license, government-issued photo ID, etc.).
- Name changes cannot be made online via My Trips—you must contact Customer Service by phone or visit a retail outlet near you. However, you can get can contact Facebook, or Twitter for support.
- If you purchased your ticket through a travel agent, you will have to contact the agent directly to request a name change.
- Name corrections and changes are only permitted on flights operated by TAP Air Portugal. When travelling on codeshare partner flights or carriers with interline agreements, you must contact the operating carrier directly.
- Name corrections are free for infants (INF) up to 2 years of age.
- Name corrections/changes are free for tickets issued in Brazil or a European country.
- Name corrections/changes are chargeable for tickets issued in the United States, Canada, or Africa.
Types of Name Changes/Corrections Permitted on TAP Air
TAP Air generally allows the following fixes to names:
- Not more than 3 letters/characters in the name
- Inclusion of a missed part of the name
Example. Brown/John Mr whereas it should be Brown Smith/John Mr
- Correction of name-surname reversals (or vice versa)
Example. John/Brown Mr whereas it should be Brown/John Mr
- Legal name changes after marriage, divorce, etc., subject to documentary proof
- The correction of a nickname or alias
Example. Green/Kathy Mrs whereas it should be Green/Katherine Mrs
- The correction of passenger status
Example. Smith/John Mrs whereas it should be Smith/John Mr
- The correction of a mix-up of dual names
Example. Green Smith/John Mr whereas it should be Smith Green/John Mr
- The correction of typos in a name, such as reversed/missing/extra letters
How to Change Passenger Name on TAP Portugal?
How do I change the passenger name on a ticket on TAP Air Portugal?
If you need to change the passenger name on a TAP Portugal flight, there are several options available to you. One option to change the passenger name is to contact TAP Portugal’s customer service by phone. When speaking with a representative, you’ll be guided through the process and provided with all the information or assistance required.
Another option is to visit a TAP Portugal sales office in person. Here, you can speak directly with a staff member who will assist you in making the necessary changes to the passenger name. Lastly, if you prefer to make the change at the airport, you can visit the TAP Portugal ticket counter or check-in desk and request assistance from an agent.
TAP Air Portugal Name Change Fee
TAP Air Portugal’s Name Change Fee will depend on your route and the specific circumstances of the change.
- You won’t have to pay any name change fee if your ticket was issued in Brazil or a country in Europe.
- You will have to pay a name change fee of EUR 30, GBP 30, USD 36, or CAD 47 if your ticket was issued in the United States of America, Canada, or any country in Africa.
Frequently Asked Questions on TAP Air Name Change Policy
Are you planning a trip with TAP Air and need to change the name on your ticket? This section answers some of the most frequently asked questions about TAP Air name change policy. From the fees involved to the documentation required, we’ll cover everything you need to know to make a smooth name change process with TAP Air.
You can’t change the name on your TAP Portugal ticket unless you’re correcting your name or changing it for legal reasons because you got married, divorced, adopted, etc.
Yes, you can correct the name on your ticket if has been misspelled or appears incomplete. If you purchased your ticket directly from the airline (TAP), you will have to contact Customer Care to request the correction. However, if you booked your ticket through a third party, you should contact that party directly to request the name change.
TAP Portugal’s name change fee is NIL if your ticket was issued in Brazil or a country in Europe. However, if your ticket was issued in the U.S., Canada, or any country in Africa, you’ll be charged a name change fee of USD 36 (CAD 47/GBP/EUR 30) per name change.
No, you cannot transfer your TAP Air ticket to someone else. The only you can do it to cancel your ticket and rebook it in the name of the other person.
You should request a name change at the earliest possible to avoid last-minute hassles.
No, you cannot make name changes online with TAP Air. You will have to call Customer Service, visit a sales office, or the airport ticket counter.
You will be asked to provide a valid form of identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, or your marriage/divorce/adoption papers, depending on the reason for the name change or correction.
Yes, you can make a name change/correction to your TAP Air ticket at the airport. However, you should try to do this as quickly as possible to avoid any inconvenience later.
You should contact the travel agency directly to request the name change or correction.