Asiana Airlines has revised its flight change policy in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Under the new policy, you can change the flight date on all international routes without being charged a reissue fee if your ticket was issued on/before October 31.
Details of Asiana Airlines Travel Waivers for International Routes
The reissue fee for all international routes has been waived. This means you can change your flight date and/or route once (or twice) without being charged a reissue fee, depending on when you purchased your ticket, as explained below.
- The reissue fee waiver:
- Applies to all international tickets issued between March 10, and October 31.
- Applies to travel dates after March 10.
- Applies to all international flight tickets departing from South Korea or international gateways, but excludes mileage tickets.
- Includes codeshare flights and tickets purchased from travel agents.
- Includes both unused and partially used tickets.
- The reissue fee waiver is subject to the following conditions:
- If your ticket was issued on/after April 1, you will be exempt from paying the reissue fee once. This means you can change your flight date and/or route once without paying any reissue fee.
- If your ticket was issued between March 10, and March 31, you will be exempt from paying the reissue fee twice. This means you can change your flight date and/or route 2 times without paying any reissue fee.
- You can change your flight date/route within the original validity period of your ticket.
- If you change the date/route, you will have to pay the difference in fare and tax.
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, you may be charged a service fee by the travel agency.
Details of Itinerary-wise Travel Waivers
You can change a flight on Asiana Airlines for free under the new travel waivers
If your Asiana Airlines flight was/has been impacted by COVID-19 and falls in any of the 3 categories below, you can:
- Change your travel date/route without being charged a reissue fee (i.e., flight change fee), or
- Cancel your flight without incurring a flight cancellation fee.
- Category 2 itineraries include flights from/to countries with travel restrictions imposed due to COVID-19 and includes:
- Passengers subject to entry restrictions or quarantines.
- Any flight ticket with a departure date between March 16, 2020, and December 31, 2021.
- The travel waiver allows you to:
- Extend the validity of a partially used ticket up to December 31, 2021.
- Re-issue (i.e., change the date/route of) your ticket once without penalty. However, you must pay the applicable difference in fare and taxes.
- Obtain a flight refund without penalty.
To qualify for the travel waiver, you will be required to submit valid documentary proof to Asiana Airlines that your flight was affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Category 3 itineraries cover tickets with a departure date up to December 31, and include:
- Passengers undergoing COVID-19 isolation.
- Medical or military personnel with official travel restriction orders.
- International students whose school reopening dates have been postponed.
- Immediate family members all the above-mentioned passengers.
The travel waiver category 3 itineraries allow you to:
- Re-issue (i.e., change the date/route of) your ticket once without penalty, as long as you pay the applicable difference in fare and taxes.
- Obtain a flight and paid a seat refund without penalty.
To qualify for a travel waiver under a category 3 itinerary, you will be required to submit valid documentary proof of COVID-19 isolation; travel restriction order and employment certificate; proof of postponed school commencement date; or proof of relationship, depending on your situation.
- Category 4 itineraries cover passengers with flights departing from an applicable country to China which transit through Korea.
- They include tickets issued on/after November 10, 2020, with a travel date up to December 31, 2021, or the notification date issued by the Chinese consulate of the country you’re travelling from.
- The travel waivers include:
- A one-time waiver of reissue fee, as long as you:
- Change your flight within the validity period of your ticket, and
- Pay the difference in fares and taxes
- A paid seat refund fee waiver
- A one-time waiver of reissue fee, as long as you:
To qualify for the travel waiver, you must surrender the ticket(s) issued by other airlines that you will no longer be using.
How to Change the Flight Date on Asiana Airlines
How to change a flight on Asiana Airlines (date, time, and/or route)
You can change the flight date, time, and/or route on Asiana Airlines:
- By phone: Call your local Asiana Airline office, or your travel agent
- Online or through the mobile app
- Sales/airport ticket counter
- Contact your point of purchase, as different fare regulations may apply.
- It can take 2-3 days to process flight changes.
- You will have to pay the applicable difference in fares, tax, and fees.
How to Change the Flight Date Online
How can I change the flight date on Asiana Airlines?
A screengrab of the Find My Trip tab on Asiana Airlines
You can change the flight date, time, and/or route on Asiana Airlines as explained below.
- Go to FlyAsiana.com
- Click on the Find My Trip tab
- Select the Find My Trip option on the new page that appears
A screenshot of Asiana Airlines’ Find My Trip page
- Enter your flight booking details, such as:
- Booking Number
- Boarding Date
- Departure City
- Arrival City
- Last Name
- Click on the Search button
- Select your flight
- Make the required changes
- Confirm the flight change(s)
- Pay the fare and/or tax difference
You will receive your new e-ticket by email.
Note. You can also use the Log-in tab to make the above-mentioned flight changes if you have an account with Asiana Airlines.
A screenshot of Asiana Airlines’ Log-in tab for changing (or cancelling) flights
How to Change Asiana Airlines Domestic Flight Tickets
- You can change online or contact your point of purchase for assistance.
- You will need to pay per current tariff, i.e., as on the date of boarding.
- A new ticket may be issued after processing your refund.
- You will need to use your ticket within its validity period (usually one year).
- The ticket validity cannot be extended beyond the expiry date.
- Some tickets may be valid for less than one year.
Asiana Airlines Flight Change Fee
What is Asiana Airlines’ flight change date fee?
Asiana Airlines does not have a standard flight change fee. The flight change fee payable by you will depend on your fare type and route. If you want to make changes to your flight date, time, and/or route, you must refer to the fare conditions of your ticket.
You can make a flight change for free if your flight is cancelled and you book an alternative flight (that suits your convenience) to the same destination.