If you’re looking to upgrade to Business Class on your next flight, a Fiji Airways Upgrade might be just what you’re looking for. From added amenities to extra legroom and personalized service, an upgrade with Fiji Airways is sure to make your journey unforgettable—often for less than you thought possible. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of upgrading your seat with Fiji Airways and how it can enhance your travel experience.
A Bird’s Eye View of Fiji Airways Upgrade Policy
This section provides an overview of what you should know about Fiji Airways upgrades. From how to upgrade your travel class or seat within the same travel class to complimentary upgrades, it brings you up to speed with the upgrade process to help you make the most out of your trip.
- You can upgrade to a highertravel class in 2 ways:
- Bid for an upgrade by participating in Bula Bid Upgrades
- Pay for an upgrade with cash, miles, or points
- You can make a seat upgrade within Economy Class in 2 ways:
- Upgrade to a My Bubble seat (cash/card only) by purchasing up to 2 adjacent seats within Economy Class. If you’re eligible, you’ll receive an email invitation to purchase the option from 72 hours to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of each flight segment. You can also purchase My Bubble at the airport when check-in opens 3 hours before departure.
- Upgrade to the My Island sleeper product on medium- and long-haul flights at check-in. This allows you to purchase an entire row in Economy Class (2 – 3 additional seats, depending on the aircraft) for USD 329 – 599, ex-USA. Added amenities include a mattress topper, sleeper-sized pillow, an extra blanket, plus seatbelt extension.
- Tabua Club members (Classic and Plus) are entitled to a complimentary upgrade to Business Class (subject to availability) on international Business Class flights operated and marketed by Fiji Airways.
- Tabua Club members receive priority when making a Bula Bid Upgrade request.
- Tabua Club Plus members receive one complimentary upgrade (equivalent to 10 bonus upgrade credits) every year they renew their Tabua Club Plus membership.
- The seat selection fee will not be refunded if you are upgraded by Fiji Airways.
How to Upgrade on Fiji Airways?
You can upgrade on Fiji Airways:
- By bidding for an upgrade via Bula Bid Upgrades
(on eligible tickets and flights)
- By purchasing an upgrade with cash, miles, or points
Fiji Airways Bid for Upgrade—Bula Bid Upgrades
Fiji Airways bid for upgrade program (Bula Bid) allows you to upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class cabin by making an upgrade offer (on eligible flights and tickets) for an amount of your choosing. After you make a bid offer, you will be informed by email 9 hours before departure whether your offer was accepted or not.
How Fiji Airways Upgrade Bid Works?
Below is an explanation of how Fiji Airways Upgrade Bids work and could get you a Business Class seat for a fraction of the price.
- Receive Invitation
If your ticket is eligible for an upgrade, you’ll receive an invitation by email 7 days before your flight’s scheduled departure to make an upgrade offer.
- Make an Offer
Make an offer by entering the amount you want to pay for the upgrade.
- The higher your bid the better the chances of your bid getting accepted.
- You can make, change, or cancel your bid up to 9 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
- You must also provide your card details.
- Bid Outcome Notification
You will be notified whether your bid upgrade offer was accepted or rejected at least 9 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
- If your bid is successful:
- You will receive an email.
- Your credit card will be charged for the bid amount offered by you.
- You will be upgraded to Business Class.
- If your bid is unsuccessful:
- You will be notified by email.
- Your credit card will not be charged.
- You will get to travel on your original Economy Class ticket.
Major Benefits of Bula Bid Upgrades to Business Class
If your bid upgrade offer is successful and you’re upgraded to Business Class, you can expect the following benefits on the upgraded flight segment:
- Premium check-in
- Priority boarding
- Free lounge access
- Inflight entertainment
- Complimentary cocktail/mocktail after boarding
- Noise cancelling headphones
- 3-course dining prepared by the Executive Chef
- International newspapers and magazines
- Wines and beverages with meals
- Amenity kit on overnight flights comprising dental kit, eye mask, socks, moisturizing travel kit (Pure Fiji), and earplugs
- Carry-on baggage allowance per Business Class
(Your checked baggage allowance will remain unchanged)
Business Plus on Airbus 350 Aircraft
- Direct aisle-access seats in 1-2-1 configuration
- Fully lie-flat seats with:
- Lots of personal space
- 17in Thales AVANT entertainment screen
- Handset with integrated 4in screen
- On-demand TV shows, movies, music, e-books, and games
- 60-61in seat pitch
- 26in seat width
- AC power
- USB port
- Storage compartments
- Personalized service
- Wi-Fi connectivity
Business Plus on Airbus 330 Aircraft
- 60in seat pitch
- Lie flat seat-cum-bed (8° incline and 76in length)
- USB power outlet
- Privacy divider
- In seat entertainment
- 15.4in Panasonic eX2 screen (LCD)
- On-demand video
- Handset with integrated 4in monitor
Business Plus on 737 Boeing Aircraft
- 48in seat pitch
- 14in seat recline
- Pre-loaded iPad for inflight entertainment
- On-demand entertainment
Points to Remember
- To be eligible to bid for an upgrade:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a valid Economy Class ticket
- Your flight must be operated by Fiji Airways (flight number starting with FJ)
- After you’ve purchased an Economy Class ticket, you’ll be invited by email to bid for an upgrade (if your ticket and flight are eligible).
- You will be notified about the status of your bid by email about 9 hours before departure.
- You will not be eligible for bidding if:
- You have purchased your ticket with your reward points/miles
- You have purchased a free/redemption ticket
- You have purchased an ID/AD discount
- Your ticket includes an infant
- Your ticket was issued by a different airline
- You’re travelling on a group booking
- If your offer is successful:
- Your checked baggage allowance will remain the same as before
- Your carry-on baggage will be upgraded to the Business Class carry-on baggage allowance for the upgraded sector
- You cannot make any changes to or cancel your bid
- The fare conditions of your original ticket will apply for flight cancellations, flight changes, points/mileage accrual, etc.
- If you modify or cancel your flight after placing an upgrade bid but before it is granted:
- Your upgrade bid will become invalid
- You will be re-invited to place a bid if your new flight is eligible for bidding
- Bula Bids apply to unsold seats. Whether your bid is accepted or not will depend on factors including but not limited to the amount bid by you. Regardless of whether seats are available or not, you are not guaranteed to get upgraded.
- You will be informed by email about the status of your bid, i.e., whether it is accepted or rejected. Before checking in for your flight, you must check whether your upgrade offer has been accepted or not. If you check in online before being informed about the status of your bid, your upgrade bid offer will cease to be valid.
- The bid amount is in addition to the price of your Economy Class ticket.
- You can use the following credit cards to place an upgrade bid offer:
- Diners Club
- American Express
- You cannot use vouchers or other payment forms to make an upgrade offer.
- You can modify or cancel your upgrade offer at least 9 hours before scheduled departure.
- The deadline for making an upgrade bid offer is at least 9 hours before scheduled departure.
- Your credit card will only be charged if your offer is accepted by the airline.
- If approved, the amount bid by you will be charged in the currency shown on the payment page when you made the offer.
- If your upgrade offer is not successful, you will get to travel on your original Economy Class ticket and your card will not be charged.
- If your flight booking includes more than one passenger, your bid offer will be multiplied by the number of passengers in your original ticket.
- Successful bids (post-acceptance) cannot be refunded, credited, or transferred unless:
- Your flight is cancelled or disrupted and you are re-accommodated in your original booking class and not the upgraded booking class.
- You could not be accommodated in the upgraded travel class due to reasons within Fiji Airways control.
- Refunds typically take up to 21 working days to reflect in your account.
- For more information or assistance, call Fiji Airways or send an email to email@example.com.
Fiji Airways Upgrade with Cash
Fiji Airways allows you to upgrade your seat by paying an additional fee (cash/credit card), subject to space availability. This allows you to enjoy the luxury and comfort of Business Class without having to redeem your frequent flyer miles/points or wait for an upgrade through other loyalty programs. To upgrade with cash, you must pay the fare difference between your original and new fare in most cases. In exceptional cases, you may be offered a discounted price for upgrading.
The major benefits of upgrading with cash/card include lounge access, spacious seating, enhanced amenities, better meal options, priority check-in, priority boarding, priority baggage, and personalized service throughout your journey.
Fiji Airways Upgrade with Points/Miles
If you’re a frequent traveler with Fiji Airways, you can upgrade your flight using your points or miles (incl. those of partner airlines). By redeeming your accumulated points or miles, you can enjoy the luxury and comfort of Business Class without having to money upfront.
To upgrade your flight with points or miles, you need to be a member of the airline’s loyalty program, Fiji Airways Tabua Club. As a member, you can earn points or miles through flights with Fiji Airways and its partner airlines, as well as through various other partners such as hotels and car rental companies.
Once you have accumulated enough points or miles, you can redeem them for an upgrade to a higher class of service on eligible Fiji Airways flights. Remember, the availability of upgrades is subject to certain restrictions and may vary based on factors such as flight route and load factor. It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and check the availability of upgrades before making your travel arrangements.
Points to remember when upgrading with points/miles
- Tabua Club (Classic and Plus level) members are entitled to a free upgrade to Business Class after earning at least 10 upgrade credits.
- Tabua Club Plus members earn one free upgrade (= 10 bonus upgrade credits) each year they renew their membership with Tabua Club Plus.
- Domestic flights earn 0.25 credits, and international flights earn 1 credit on an Economy Class ticket and 2 credits on a Business Class ticket, provided the flight is marketed and operated by Fiji Airways.
- Upgrades with points/miles are subject to seat availability on the date of travel.
- You must request an upgrade with points/miles no less than 24 hours prior to departure.
- You can also request an upgrade with points/miles for immediate family members.
Fiji Airways Upgrade at Gate
Fiji Airways Upgrade at the Gate service allows you to upgrade your seats to Business Class right at the gate before boarding your flight. The process is simple—you can inquire about available upgrades with the gate agent (or earlier at the check-in counter). If any seats are available, you can choose to upgrade by paying a fee, which varies depending on your route and seat availability.
Once you pay for the upgrade (the fare difference or a lower price at the airline’s discretion), you can enjoy most of the benefits of the upgraded class, such as better seats, extra legroom, enhanced dining options, priority boarding, personalized service, etc. Upgrading at the gate is a great option if you’re looking for a last-minute upgrade or if you could not upgrade earlier for some reason. Plus, it saves you the hassle of not having to make prior arrangements or hoping that your bid is successful.
Fiji Airways Business Class Upgrade
Fiji Airways upgrade to Business Class allows you to enjoy more comfort and luxury. There are different ways to upgrade your seat, depending on availability and your preferences. One option is to use your points or frequent flyer miles to upgrade your ticket. If you have enough points or miles accumulated in your account, you can contact the airline’s customer service to request an upgrade or do it online via Manage booking.
Another option is to check for last-minute upgrades at the airport when checking in for your flight (or later at the gate). If there are enough vacant seats in Business Class, you may be able to upgrade by paying the price difference or get a discount on the upgrade if there aren’t enough takers for Business Class seats on your flight (solely at the airline’s discretion).
Lastly, you can also try bidding for an upgrade through Fiji Airways bidding system, Bula Bid Upgrade. This allows you to place a bid for an upgraded seat in Business Class, and if your bid is accepted, you will be notified prior to your flight.
Since upgrades are subject to availability, you must plan in advance and explore all available options to secure an upgrade on Fiji Airways.
Fiji Airways Business Class Upgrade Cost
Fiji Airways Business Class upgrade cost will depend on your route, seat availability, time of booking, and how you upgrade (via Bula Upgrade Bids or with cash, points, or miles). Refer to the section below or contact Fiji Airways directly or visit the website (Manage booking) for accurate and up-to-date information regarding the upgrade cost.
Fiji Airways Upgrade Cost
Fiji Airways upgrade cost will depend on several factors, such as your route, seat availability, fare class, and mode of upgrade (through bids or with cash, points, or miles).
If you’re bidding for an upgrade and your bid is successful, the upgrade cost will be the amount bid by you. If you’re upgrading with miles or points, the upgrade cost will depend on your route and which travel class you’re upgrading to and from.
If you’re upgrading with cash or by card, the upgrade cost will be the fare difference between the original and the upgraded ticket in most cases unless you’re offered a discount during the lean season, etc. You can find out the cost online from the airline’s website through Manage booking or over the phone by calling Fiji Airways.
Fiji Airways Seat Upgrade within Economy Class
There are 2 ways to make a seat upgrade within Economy Class on Fiji Airways—via My Bubble and My Island (on eligible flights and tickets).
Exceptions. You cannot make a My Bubble or My Island seat upgrade if you purchased your ticket with miles/points, are travelling on a redemption ticket, free ticket, discounted ticket (ID/AD discounts), a group booking ticket, or if your booking includes an infant ticket.
- Upgrading to a My Bubble seat means purchasing up to 2 seats next to yours within Economy Class. If eligible, you will receive an email invite to purchase this option (cash/card only) from 72 hours to 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of a flight segment. Alternatively, you can purchase My Bubble at the airport after check-in open 3 hours prior to departure. For inquiries or assistance, call Fiji Airways or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, flight number, and travel date.
- You can upgrade to the airline’s My Island sleeper product on medium- and long-haul flights (cash/card only). Similar to Air New Zealand’s Skycouch, My Island seats will get you an entire row in Economy Class (2 – 3 extra seats, depending on the plane). Additional amenities include a mattress topper, sleeper-sized pillow, an extra blanket, plus seatbelt extension.
For price details, refer to the table below. For inquiries or assistance, call Fiji Airways or send an email to email@example.com with your full name, flight number, and travel date.
|My Island Sleeper Charges|
|Region||Flight Segment||Charges for 2/3 seats|
|Ex USA||Los Angeles – Nadi||USD 599|
|SFO – Nadi||USD 599|
|Honolulu – Nadi||USD 329|
|Ex Asia||Hong Kong – Nadi||HKD 2400|
|Singapore – Nadi||SGD 559|
|Narita – Nadi||JPY 31,000|
|Ex Fiji||Nadi – Melbourne||FJD 269|
|Nadi – Los Angeles||FJD 999|
|Nadi – San Francisco||FJD 999|
|Nadi – Honolulu||FJD 559|
|Nadi – Hong Kong||FJD 559|
|Nadi – Narita||FJD 559|
|Nadi – Singapore||FJD 559|
|Ex AU||Melbourne – Nadi||AUD 239|
Frequently Asked Questions About Fiji Airways Upgrades
If you’re planning a trip with Fiji Airways and wondering about the possibility of upgrading your seat, don’t miss this section. We’ve compiled a list of a few frequently asked questions about Fiji Airways upgrades to help you navigate the process. From how to request an upgrade to what benefits you can expect among other things, we’ll cover it all.
You can upgrade to a higher cabin by bidding for an upgrade via Bula Bid Upgrades (for eligible tickets and flights) or by paying for an upgrade with cash, miles, or points.
If you’re a Tabua Club Classic/Plus member, you can get a free upgrade to Business Class after earning 10 upgrade credits in a year, subject to availability on the date of travel. If you’re a Tabua Club Plus member, you will earn a free upgrade to Business Class every year you renew your membership at this tier.
When determining how much to bid, you should consider a few factors. Firstly, take into account the value you place on the upgrade and how much you are willing to pay for it. Consider the length of the flight, the amenities offered in the upgraded cabin, and any special perks that may come with it. Additionally, do a Google check on historical bidding trends and average winning bids to get an idea of what others have paid in the past.
Yes, you can use your frequent flyer miles or points to upgrade your flight with Fiji Airways. The number of miles or points required for an upgrade will depend on your route and class of service.
Upgrading your flight with Fiji Airways offers a range of benefits, including access to Business Class amenities such as premium check-in, priority boarding, complimentary lounge access, complimentary cocktails/mocktails upon boarding, better meal options, wines and beverages with meals, international newspapers/magazines, spacious seating (fully lie-flat seats on A330/350), special amenity kit, noise-cancelling headphones, etc.
Yes, you can purchase an upgrade at the airport if seats are available in the higher travel class.
Yes, you can upgrade only one leg of a round-trip journey with Fiji Airways, subject to space availability.
Restrictions on upgrades may vary depending on the fare conditions of your ticket. It is advisable to review the terms and conditions associated with your ticket to avoid last-minute surprises.
Fiji Airways offers both cabin class upgrades—such as upgrading from Economy to Business Class—and seat upgrades within the same cabin class (Economy).
Yes, if there are no upgrade seats available immediately, you may be placed on a waiting list and notified if a seat becomes available closer to your departure date.
Yes, you can request an upgrade even if you booked your ticket through a travel agent. However, it is important to check with both the travel agent and Fiji Airways regarding their policies and procedures.
Upgrades are typically available on most Fiji Airways flights but are subject to availability. Some flights may have limited upgrade options due to high demand or other factors.