The Egyptair Cancellation Policy allows you to cancel your ticket and obtain a full refund for all international flights affected or suspended because of COVID-19. You can receive the refund either in the form of a redeemable Travel Voucher or to your original payment method, regardless of what type of fare you’ve purchased.
Major highlights of the Egyptair Cancellation Policy
- If your international Egyptair flight has been affected/suspended due to COVID-19, you can cancel your flight and obtain a full, penalty-free refund:
- In the form of a Travel Voucher which can use to purchase tickets and services later on Egyptair (for yourself or your first-degree relatives), or
- To the payment method used by you for purchasing your ticket
- If your Egyptair flight is cancelled or it fails to operate reasonably per schedule, fails to stop at your stopover point/destination, or causes you to miss a connecting flight (on the same booking) on which you hold a confirmed reservation, you have the option to:
- Accept the next available flight offered by Egyptair at no additional charge, or
- Extend the validity of your ticket and travel later, or
- Take another flight to your destination within a reasonable period of time via Egyptair, another airline, or another mutually acceptable mode of transportation at no additional charge
- Obtain a full refund for the unused portion of your ticket
- If you cancel a ticket (any type, incl. non-refundable) within 24 hours of purchase, you are entitled to a full penalty-free refund if you purchase your ticket directly from Egypt Air. If your ticket was issued by a travel agency or another airline, you must contact the issuing source directly through the travel agency or airline.
- If your flight is delayed by 5 hours or more, you can choose:
- To be refunded the full cost of the unused portion of your ticket within 7 days (and for the parts of the journey already made if the flight to your destination no longer serves your purpose), and (when relevant)
- To be booked on the next available return flight to your original point of departure
- Fully Flex fares can be changed, cancelled, and/or refunded free of charge. Changes are permitted up to 24 hours before departure. Other fares may incur a cancellation fee, depending on the fare type and route.
- If an immediate family dies after you purchase your ticket and within 90 days before you start your trip, you are entitled to a full refund if you cancel your ticket (incl. taxes, fees, surcharges, etc.), subject to the submission of a death certificate.
- If a passenger dies after purchasing a ticket (refundable or non-refundable), a full refund will be made either to the passenger’s estate or through the original form of payment, subject to a valid death certificate.
Egyptair 24 Hour Cancellation
Egyptair’s 24-hour cancellation policy allows all passengers to cancel their flight ticket within 24 hours of purchasing it and receive a penalty-free refund if they purchase directly from Egyptair. The cancellation policy includes both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
However, if you purchase your ticket through a travel agency or a different airline, you must contact them directly to process your cancellation/refund request.
Egyptair Ticket Cancellation Policy Due to the Death of an Immediate Family Member
The Egyptair cancelation policy allows you to cancel your ticket without penalty if an immediate family member dies within 90 days of your travel date, provided you’ve already purchased your ticket.
To obtain a refund, you must present (within 90 days):
- Proof of relationship with the deceased family member
- Your electronic ticket number
- A valid copy of the family member’s death certificate issued and executed by a legally recognized authority in the country of death
Egyptair Flight Cancellation Policy Due to Death of Passenger
The Egyptair cancelation policy in case of a passenger’s death after the purchase of a ticket allows a full, penalty-free refund to:
- Either the passenger’s estate, or
- To the original form of payment
To qualify for a refund, the following must be presented within 90 days of the trip:
- The passenger’s electronic ticket number
- A copy of the passenger’s death certificate issued and executed by legal authority in the country of the passenger’s death
Egyptair Cancelled Flights Policy
If your flight is cancelled or disrupted, or if you miss a connecting flight on the same booking as a result of the cancellation/disruption, you are within your rights to:
- Take the new flight offered to you at no extra charge, or
- Travel later by extending the validity, or
- Travel on a different flight later through Egyptair, another airline, or a different mode of transportation at no additional charge
- Request a refund for the unutilized part of your ticket
Compensation for Cancelled Flight
If your flight is departing from an airport in the European Union, you may additionally be eligible to receive compensation under Regulation 261/2004 of the European Parliament and Council of the European Union, unless:
- You were notified about the cancellation/disruption at least 14 days prior to your original flight’s departure, or
- You were notified about the cancellation 14 – 7 days prior to your original flight’s departure and were offered another flight allowing you to depart within 2 hours of the original flight’s departure time and arrive at your destination within 4 hours after your original flight’s arrival time, or
- You were notified about the cancellation less the 7 days prior to your original flight’s departure and were offered another flight allowing you to depart within 1 hour before the original flight’s departure time and arrive at your final destination within 2 hours after your original flight’s arrival time.
Egyptair cancelled flight compensation (under Regulation 261/2004) for flights departing from an airport in the EU is:
- At least EUR 250 for flights up to 1500km
- At least EUR 400 for intra-community flights between 1,500 – 3,500km
- At least EUR 600 for flights not included above
The compensation mentioned above will be reduced by 50% if Egyptair offers you another flight and its time of arrival does not exceed the original flight’s scheduled time of arrival:
- By 2 hours for flights up to 1,500km, or
- By 3 hours for intra-community flights between1,500 – 3,500km, or
- By 4 hours for flights not included above
Egyptair Refund Policy
According to the Egyptair refund policy:
- Refunds are issued on the unused portion of a ticket unless stated otherwise.
- Refunds are made either to the passenger named on the ticket or the person who has purchased the ticket (subject to the presentation of satisfactory proof of payment).
- If another person (not named on the ticket) has paid for a ticket with a refund restriction, the refund will be made only to the person who purchased the ticket, or the person authorized by that person.
- In case of involuntary refunds, i.e., if Egyptair cancels a flight, does not operate reasonably per schedule or stop at your stopover or destination, or results in your missing a connecting flight (on the same booking) on which you hold a confirmed reservation, the refund amount will be:
- Equal to the airfare you’ve paid if no part of the ticket has been utilized.
- At least equal to the difference between the fare you’ve paid and the fare you’ve consumed.
- The refund amount for voluntary refunds (if you’re eligible) will be:
- If you have not utilized any part of your ticket, equal to the airfare you’ve paid less the applicable cancellation fees and service charges.
- If you have utilized a part of your fare, equal to the difference between the fare you’ve paid minus the fare you’ve utilized minus the cancellation fees and service charges.
- Refunds will not be made:
- After the expiry period of the refund.
- If you present your ticket to the airline or government officials as proof that you intend to leave that country unless you can prove that you are permitted to stay in that country and that you will be departing from the country on another carrier or means of transport.
- For any flight on which you were refused carriage or removed.
- All refunds are governed by the laws of the country of the ticket’s purchase and the country where the refund is being made. The right to refund in the currency of purchase will remain with Egyptair.
- Voluntary refunds will be issued by the airline or its authorized agent that issued the ticket.
- Refunds of tickets purchased by credit card will only be made to the credit card account used for purchasing the ticket and may vary due to currency conversion differences.
- Egyptair refundable tickets can be cancelled and refunded without any charges. Non-refundable tickets may incur a cancellation fee, depending on the fare conditions of the ticket.
Egyptair Online Refund
You can request a refund online only if you purchased your ticket online through EgyptAir.com. When submitting the online refund form, you must:
- Select the same country you did when booking your ticket.
- Submit each refund request separately.
Online refunds can take 21 business days to process, or more due to high volumes. However, they may take longer to reflect on your card statement, depending on your card’s billing cycle.
- If you did not purchase your ticket through Egyptair website, you must contact the Egyptair Ticket Office in your area to process your refund request.
- You may be charged a refund fee, depending on the fare conditions of your ticket.
- Your reservation will be cancelled as soon as you submit your refund request.
- After you submit your refund request, you cannot retrieve your booking.
- If you’re participating in an E-upgrade bid, you must cancel your offer before requesting a refund.
Egyptair Cancellation Fee
The cancellation fee charged by Egyptair is as follows:
- USD 0 for Fully Flex fares
- USD 100 for international Flight Pass Option (FPo) tickets
- USD 40 for domestic Flight Pass Option (FPo) tickets
- Basic Economy tickets cannot be cancelled outside the 24-hour grace period
Egyptair No-Show Policy
According to the Egyptair no-show policy, if you do not change or cancel your flight and do not show up for it, it will be treated as a no-show and:
- The fare paid by you will be forfeited
- Your onward/return trip will be cancelled
How To Cancel an Egyptair Flight?
You can cancel an Egyptair flight ticket:
- By phone (call customer service or the nearest Egyptair office)
- Online via My Booking
(only if you purchased your ticket online through Egyptair.com)
- Through an Egyptair ticket office
- Through your travel agent (if you purchased from one)
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Yes, Egyptair does have a 24-hour cancellation policy that allows you to cancel any ticket within 24 hours of purchase, as long as you purchase the ticket directly from the airline’s website.
A. You can get a full refund if you cancel a Fully Flex ticket or if you cancel within the 24-hour grace period (which applies only to tickets purchased directly from the airline’s website). You can also get a full refund in case of emergencies like an immediate family member’s bereavement, or the death of a passenger. Other situations that qualify for a full refund are if your flight is cancelled or delayed by 5 hours or more.
A. You can cancel your flight booking on Egyptair by phone, online (if you booked online), through the airline’s ticket office, or through the travel agent that issued your ticket.
A. You can make an Egyptair ticket cancellation by phone or by calling the nearest Egyptair office, online through My Booking if you purchased your ticket online through Egyptair’s website, an Egyptair ticket office, or your travel agent.
A. Rescheduling a flight on Egyptair on a Flight Pass Option (FPo) will cost you:
1) USD 30 per passenger/flight plus the fare difference for a domestic flight within Egypt.
2) USD 75 per passenger/flight plus the fare difference for an international flight.
A. The amount deducted for cancelling a flight ticket will depend on what type of ticket you’ve purchased. Cancelling an unrestricted/Fully Flex fare will cost you nothing, nor will cancelling a flight within the 24-hour grace period (provided you booked directly through the airline’s website).
Cancelling an international flight ticket with a Flight Pass Option (FPo) will cost you USD 100 per passenger per flight and USD 40 per passenger per flight for cancelling a domestic FPo ticket. Basic Economy tickets cannot be cancelled outside of the 24-hour grace period.
A. Unrestricted and Fully Flex tickets are refundable on Egyptair. Other fares are non-refundable.
A. You can submit your Egyptair refund request via the online refund form or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. The Egyptair refund fees will depend on your fare type and route. The refund fees for:
1) Unrestricted/Fully Flex tickets are nil.
2) International flight tickets with a Flight Pass Option (FPo) are USD 100/passenger/flight.
3) Domestic flight tickets within Egypt with FPo are USD 40/passenger/flight.
Basic Economy tickets cannot be cancelled after the 24-hour grace window.
A. Egyptair ticket refunds are free for passengers who purchase unrestricted/Fully Flex fares and those who cancel within the 24-hour grace period. Egyptair ticket refunds will also not attract any penalty if your flight has been cancelled or delayed by 5 hours or more, an immediate family member dies within 90 days of your travel date, or if a passenger dies after purchasing a ticket.
A. The Egyptair ticket refund policy permits the full refund of Fully Flex and unrestricted fares. Economy Basic fares cannot be refunded, and other fares can either be refunded for a fee, depending on the fare conditions of your ticket.
A. Online Egyptair refunds can take 21 working days or more, depending on the volume of requests. However, it may take 1 or 2 billing cycles for the refund to reflect on the account statement of your card.
A. You can cancel a ticket on Egyptair by phone, or online through My Bookings if you booked directly from the airline’s website, through the airline’s ticket offices near you, or the third party that issued your ticket.
A. Egyptair booking cancellations can be made online, by phone, through an Egyptair ticketing office, or through the ticket-issuing agent/authority.
A. Egyptair’s cancellation charges are:
1) Nil for unrestricted and Fully Flex tickets.
2) USD 100/passenger/flight for International Flight Pass Option (FPo) tickets.
3) USD 40/passenger/flight for domestic FPo tickets.
A. You can cancel a flight ticket on Egyptair by phone, online (if you booked through Egyptair.com), through one of Egyptair’s ticket offices, or through your ticket-issuing source.
A. You can cancel your flight ticket on Egyptair for free if:
1) You’ve purchased an unrestricted/Fully Flex fare
2) You cancel within the 24-hour grace period
3) Your flight is cancelled or delayed by 5 hours or more
4) An immediate family member dies within 90 days before your travel date
5) The passenger dies after purchasing his/her ticket
A. To get a refund from Egyptair, you must request the airline to refund your ticket. If you purchased your ticket online from Egyptair’s website, you can request the refund through the airline’s website by filling out Egyptair’s online refund form. If you purchased your ticket through a call center/ticket office, you can either call customer service number or the office that issued your ticket. If you purchased your ticket from a third party, you must contact the third party directly.
A. You can cancel your Egyptair check-in online through this page. First find your booking with your booking reference or e-ticket number and your last name, and click on the Cancel check-in option. You can also cancel your check-in through My Bookings (if your ticket permits rebooking).