What is Sun Country Airlines cancellation policy?
The major highlights of the Sun Country cancellation policy are as follows:
- If your flight is delayed by 6 hours or more (known as Significant Delay), you’re allowed to cancel your flight and receive a full refund.
- If your flight is cancelled and the alternative flight’s timings do not suit you, you’re allowed to cancel it and receive a full refund.
- If you’re denied boarding involuntarily, you’re entitled to:
- A full refund, plus
- Denied boarding compensation if the alternative flight offered to you arrives at your destination or first stopover more than 1 hour after your original flight
- If you cancel your flight/itinerary within 24 hours and your initial flight departs at least 7 days (168 hours) later at the time of booking, you are entitled to a full refund.
- You cannot cancel a non-refundable ticket outside of the 24-hour cancellation window.
- You can cancel a refundable ticket and receive a full refund, as long as you cancel it before departure.
- You can cancel any type of ticket (incl. non-refundable) at least 60 days before departure free of charge.
Note. If you purchase a Change Fee Waiver*, you can make a one-time change to your flight up to 1 hour before departure without incurring any penalty.
Note. If you don’t occupy your seat at least 10 minutes before departure, Sun Country will cancel all the flight segments in your booking.
|Sun Country’s Change Fee Waiver and How it Works: Sun Country Change Fee Waiver allows you to make a one-time modification to your flight booking—including cancelling your flight and converting it into a flight credit for future travel. You can use this option from 59 days to 1 hour before your flight’s departure without incurring any penalty. The Change Fee Waiver is available for select flights and can be purchased at the time of booking, as long as you book directly through the Sun Country’s website, travel agent portal, or customer service. It must be purchased for all passengers on the booking, is non-refundable, and can be used only once.|
Sun Country 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
How does Sun Country Airlines 24-hour cancellation work?
Under the Sun Country 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight/itinerary within 24 hours of booking if you book your ticket at least 7 days (178 hours) before departure. If you cancel your ticket within the 24-hour window, you will be issued a full refund, regardless of what kind of ticket you’re holding.
Note. The 24-hour cancellation policy applies only to normal published airfares and does not apply to group and tour bookings, Sun Country Vacation package bookings, land products, and other non-air products and activities.
Sun Country Airlines Refund Policy
According to the Sun Country flight cancellation policy, tickets that qualify for a refund will be processed as follows:
- Refunds of tickets purchased by credit card will be processed within 7 days of receiving your request (with full documentation), and within 20 days if purchased by cash/check.
- Refunds will be made to the original form of payment or as Flight Credits if applicable.
- Discretionary refunds will be processed (fully or partially) per the above time frames.
Sun Country Cancellation Fee
The cancellation fee charged by Sun Country Airlines will depend on when you cancel your ticket.
- You will not be charged any cancellation fee if:
- You cancel your ticket at least 60 days before departure.
- You cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking and your flight departs after at least 7 days (168 hours) from the date of booking.
- You will be charged a cancellation fee of USD 39 per segment if you cancel your ticket 14 – 59 days before departure.
- You will be charged a cancellation fee of USD 79 per segment if you cancel your ticket 0 – 13 days before departure.
Sun Country Cancellation Policy for COVID
What is the Sun Country flight cancellation policy due to coronavirus?
Sun Country Airlines is no longer offering penalty-free refunds due to COVID-19. However, you will not be charged any cancellation fee if you cancel your ticket within the 24-hour window or at least 60 days before departure.
Sun Country Cancellation Process
How do Sun Country Airlines’ cancellations work?
You can cancel your Sun Country Airlines ticket online or by phone, as explained below:
- You can cancel a flight-only booking:
- Online via My Trips if you booked directly through Sun Country Airlines
(website, phone, or Expedia).
- By phone (call Sun Country Reservations at +1-844-933-2065).
- Online via My Trips if you booked directly through Sun Country Airlines
- You can cancel flight plus hotel reservations only by phone, but you must do it at least 14 days before departure. Cancellations are not permitted within 13 days of departure.
- You can cancel flight plus car reservations online via My Trips if you originally booked online through SunCountry.com.
- You can cancel car-only reservations made directly through Sun Country’s preferred partners (Avis and Budget) up to 2 days before departure (if you cancel within 2 days of departure the entire amount will be forfeited). You can cancel by phone or online via the Avis/Budget website by entering your last name and confirmation number which you would have received by email when you booked your ticket.
How to Cancel a Flight-Only Booking Online
Sun Country Airlines’ online cancellation process
A screenshot of the My Trips tab used for cancelling a flight online
To cancel a Sun Country Airlines flight-only booking online:
- Go to the homepage (SunCountry.com)
- Select My Trips
- On the next page, enter your Last Name and 6-character Reservation Code
- Click on the Manage My Trip button
- Select your flight
- Follow the on-screen prompts to cancel it
Note. You can also call +1-844-933-2065 to cancel your flight.
Frequently Asked Questions on Sun Country Airlines Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your Sun Country Airlines flight online via My Trips or by phone (+1-844-933-2065).
Yes, Sun Country allows flight cancellations (free of charge) for all types of tickets within 24 hours of booking, as long you purchase your ticket at least 7 days (168 hours) before departure.
You can avoid paying a cancellation fee on Sun Country if you cancel your ticket:
• Within the 24-hour window, or
• At least 60 days before departure
You will also not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel a flight that has been delayed by 6 hours or more (known as Significant Delay), or if your flight is cancelled and the new flight offered to you does not suit you or serve your purpose any more, or if you purchase a Change Fee Waiver and cancel it and convert it into a flight credit for future travel.
Only the following types of flight tickets can be refunded:
• Flight tickets cancelled at least 60 days before departure
• Flight tickets cancelled within the 24-hour window
• Flight delayed by 6 hours or more (if the replacement flight doesn’t suit you)
• Flights for which you purchased a Change Fee Waiver
(the refund will be in the form of a travel credit for future use)
• Flights with refundable ticket
If your flight was cancelled and the alternative flight offered to you no longer serves your purpose, you are within your rights to cancel your flight and obtain a full refund.
If you purchased your ticket by credit card, Sun Country will process your refund within 7 days of receiving your request (with proper documentation) and within 20 days if you purchased your ticket by cash or check.
If you cancel a Sun Country flight at least 60 days prior to departure or within the 24-hour window for a flight departing at least 7 days later, you will not be charged any cancellation fee. You will also not be charged any cancellation fee for cancelling a fully refundable ticket, provided you cancel it before departure.
If you cancel a standard ticket 14 to 59 days before departure, you will be charged a cancellation fee of USD 39 per segment, and USD 70 if you cancel a standard ticket 0 – 13 days before departure.