Air Transat cancellations have become easier for passengers because the airline now allows you to cancel your flight booking in both Economy and Club Class.
According to the Air Transat Cancellation Policy
- You can now cancel your trip regardless of your fare type, except Eco Budget.
- Eco Budget fares cannot be cancelled.
- Eco Standard and Club Standard fares can be cancelled for a fee.
- Eco Flex and Club Flex fares can be cancelled free of charge.
- Third-party ticket purchases must be cancelled directly through the issuing source.
- Tickets to/from the U.S. can be cancelled without penalty within 24 hours of purchase, provided they are purchased at least 7 days (168 hours) before departure from the airline’s U.S. website.
- If your Air Transat flight is cancelled and the alternative flight offered to you does not suit you, you have the option to take the new flight or cancel and refund it without penalty.
Aside from the above, the Air Transat flight cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight by changing the date and destination of your ticket free of charge up to 24 hours before departure, provided you pay the fare difference between the original and the new fare.
Air Transat 24-hour Cancellation
The Air Transat 24-hour cancellation policy applies to U.S. tickets purchased directly from the air transat website. According to this policy, you can cancel any ticket within 24 hours of purchase as long as you purchase the ticket at least 7 days before departure from the airline’s website or mobile app. The 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all types of tickets, incl. non-refundable fares like Eco Budget.
Air Transat Cancellation Policy After 24 Hour
The Air Transat cancellation policy for U.S. tickets applies only within the 24-hour grace period, as described above. After the 24-hour grace period is over, the standard fare conditions of your ticket will apply and the cancellation fee waiver will no longer apply (unless you’ve purchased a Flex ticket).
Air Transat Cancellation Fees
The Air Transat cancellation fees will depend on your fare type and route, as shown in the table below.
- Eco Budget fares cannot be cancelled after booking.
- Eco Flex and Club Flex fares can be cancelled free of charge without penalty.
- Eco Standard and Club Standard fares are subject to a cancellation fee of €150 (Europe to Canada) and USD 200 (all other routes).
|Air Transat Cancellation Fees by Route and Fare Type (Applicable per ticket)|
|Route||Eco Budget||Eco Standard||Eco Flex||Club Standard||Club Flex|
|Between Canada and Europe||Non-cancellable||USD 200||Free||USD 200||Free|
|Europe to Canada||Non-cancellable||€150||Free||€150||Free|
|Between Canada and U.S.A., the Caribbean, and Central America||Non-cancellable||USD 200||Free||USD 200||Free|
|From the U.S.A., the Caribbean, and Central America to Canada||Non-cancellable||USD 200||Free||USD 200||Free|
|Domestic flights in Canada||Non-cancellable||USD 200||Free||USD 200||Free|
How to Cancel an Air Transat Flight?
You can cancel your Air Transat flight in any of the following ways:
- By phone
- Online via Manage My Booking
(if you purchased your ticket directly from Air Transat website or mobile app)
- Through an Air Transat ticketing office near your
- Through the travel agent that issued your ticket.
Air Transat Refund Policy
The major points relating to the Air Transat ticket refund policy are as follows:
- Refunds are provided on the unutilized portion of tickets unless your flight is cancelled/diverted after your journey commences and no onward flight is available to your destination, in which case you will be flown back to your departure city at no additional cost.
- Standard fares (Eco and Club) can be cancelled and refunded for a fee.
- Flex fares (Eco and Club) can be cancelled and refunded free of charge.
- Eco Budget fares are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- Your refund will be issued in the currency and payment method in which you purchased your ticket/add-on. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, the refund confirmation will be sent to them.
- Travel Credits cannot be partially refunded.
- You can track your refund request online via this page.
- To qualify for a refund, you should not have:
- Submitted a claim to your insurance company, or
- Received a refund from your credit card provider
- The refund processing time (COVID-related) can be up to 3 months.
- Refund requests will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Refunds could be processed in multiple stages, which means you may receive your refund separately for your flight and ancillary services, such as baggage, seat selection, etc.
- If you haven’t submitted your refund request (COVID-related) within the prescribed deadline (August 26, 2021), you will not be issued a refund. However, your travel credit (transferrable) will remain in the airline’s records without an expiry date and will be available for use whenever you make a new booking.
- The Air Transat ticket refund amount will be equal to the fare plus charges paid by you minus the applicable cancellation fee and service charges.
- Refunds for lost tickets will not be made more than 90 days after receiving a valid application, as long as the ticket (or a part of the ticket) has not been used by or refunded to any person earlier. Also, the person receiving the refund must sign on the airline’s application form, indemnifying the airline of any loss/damage it could sustain in the future.
Air Transat Refund Request
If you’ve already submitted a refund request, you can track its status online via the Track your refund request page.
Air Transat Flight Compensation
If you’ve been involuntarily or voluntarily denied boarding on a confirmed booking, you will be transported on the next available flight to your destination at no additional cost. Additionally, you will be entitled to receive the following amounts as compensation (regardless of destination or fare paid):
- For flights under 5 hours’ duration CAD 100 (or its equivalent in local currency)
- For flights exceeding 5 hours’ duration CAD 200 (or its equivalent in local currency)
Tip. You may receive your compensation in the form of credit (for future travel) or cash. However, you are within your rights to decline the credit and accept cash instead.
Flight Cancellation Compensation. If your flight departing from an airport in the European Union is cancelled less than 14 days before the scheduled departure date and you’re not offered an alternative flight that would land at a very similar time compared to your original flight, you may be entitled to the following compensation (per passenger):
- Up to €250 if your flight is under 1,500 km
- Up to €400 if your flight within the EU is more than 1,500 km
- Up to €400 if your non-EU flight is between 1,500-3,500 km
- Up to €600 if your non-EU flight is more than 1,500 km
Exceptions. You will not be entitled to any compensation if:
- Your flight is cancelled due to extraordinary circumstances beyond the airline’s control, such as bad weather, airport strike, etc.
- You’re offered an alternative flight that lands very close to your original flight’s arrival time.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve got the answers to many more questions relating to Air Transat Cancellation Policy. Take a look below!
A. The Air Transat cancellation policy for 24-hour cancellations applies to flight tickets to/from the United States. Under the policy, any ticket purchased from Air Transat’s U.S. website 7 or more days before departure can be cancelled within 24 hours of purchase without any penalty. The fee waiver applies to all types of tickets, incl. Eco Budget fares.
A. You can apply for a flight refund with Air Transat:
1) By phone
2) Online by filling out the Air Transat Refund Form
3) Through an Air Transat ticket office
4) Through the travel agent who issued your ticket.
Your flight refund amount will depend on your fare type. Flex fares can be cancelled without any charges and standard fares will incur cancellation charges of €150 for Europe to Canada flights and USD 200 for all other routes. Eco Budget fares cannot be refunded.
A. You can get a full refund on Air Transat in the following cases:
1) You’ve purchased a Flex fare (Eco or Club)
2) You cancel a to/from U.S. ticket within the 24-hour grace period
3) Your flight was cancelled.
A. Air Transat refunds can take up to 3 months due to a heavy backlog. Moreover, refunds are processed in the order in which they are received.
A. Yes, you cancel any Air Transat flight ticket other than an Eco Budget ticket which is non-cancellable and non-refundable (unless it’s a to/from U.S. ticket cancelled within the 24-hour grace period).
A. You can cancel your Air Transat flight in any of these ways:
1) By calling customer service
2) Online through the Manage My Booking option
(only if you booked your ticket directly through the airline’s website/mobile app)
3) By calling/visiting an Air Transat ticket office in your city/airport
4) Through the travel agency you purchased your ticket from.
A. You can access the Air Transat cancellation form through this link. You can use the form to place a cancellation request for flight bookings that include Option Flex or Peace of Mind Promotion, subject to the following conditions:
1) You can use the cancellation form when cancelling your flight at least 24 hours before departure.
2) You cannot use the cancellation form to make cancel bookings made through third-party websites/agencies. If you’ve booked your ticket through a travel agency, you must contact your travel agent. However, if you cannot contact your travel agent for some reason, you can use this cancellation form to cancel your ticket.
3) After you submit the form, you cannot make any changes to your booking—Air Transat will proceed with cancelling your booking per the terms and conditions that apply to your fare.