In response to COVID-19, the recently revised Kenya Airways flight change policy allows you to keep your ticket open until December 31, and have it reissued at no extra charge, as long as you book within the same travel class and seasonality.
Kenya Airways flight change policy
- Change your flight date.
- Change your flight destination.
- Change your flight time.
You will not have to pay a flight change fee, but must pay for any applicable difference in fare, taxes, surcharges, etc., if you’re changing your travel destination or departure city.
Applicability. The new flight change policy with change fee waivers apply to all tickets with a travel date between February 1, and December 31, and includes:
- All types of fares, incl. group bookings.
- All travel destinations covered by Kenya Airways.
- All points-of-sales.
- All Electronic Miscellaneous Documents (EMDs).
- All travel dates up to December 31, except India (May 1 to August 4).
Points to Remember
Below are a few key points relating to Kenya Airways flight change policy:
- To qualify for the KQ flight change fee waiver, you must change your flight ticket latest by December 31 (by June 27, for India).
- You can request Kenya Airways to leave your ticket open for up to 12 months.
- You can change to a cheaper flight without being charged a change flight fee.
- If your new ticket is cheaper, the fare difference will not be refunded.
- If the new ticket is costlier, you will have to pay the fare difference.
- You’re allowed to re-route your ticket to any other destination as long as you pay the difference in fares, taxes, and surcharges.
- You’re allowed to make unlimited flight changes for free.
How to Change Your Kenya Airways Flight
How can I change my flight on Kenya Airways?
When you’re ready to travel, you can rebook your ticket:
- By phone: +1-866-399-0587/+254-20-327-4747/+254-711-024-747
- Online if you purchased your ticket directly from Kenya Airways
- By WhatsApp: +254-705-474-747
- By email: Customer.Relations@kenya-airways.com
- Through your local Kenya Airways office
- Through your travel agent
Note. If you bought your ticket from a travel agent, you will have to contact them directly.
How to Change Your Kenya Airways Flight Date, Time, or Destination Online
A screenshot of Kenya Airways Manage Booking functionality used for making flight changes
If you booked your ticket directly through Kenya Airways (website, app, call center, or ticket office), you can make changes to your flight online as explained below.
- Go to Kenya-Airways.com
- Select Manage Booking
- Enter your last name and booking reference number/E-ticket number
- Click on the Continue button
- Select your flight and follow the prompts to:
- Change your Kenya Airways flight date
- Change your Kenya Airways flight time
- Change your Kenya Airways flight destination/city of origin
Kenya Airways Flight Change Fee
What is the flight change fee at Kenya Airways?
- Online via Manage My Booking, the flight change fee will range from USD 100 – 300. You can make online changes only if you purchased your ticket directly from Kenya Airways.
- By phone, the flight change fee will range from USD 100 – 300.
- By phone for a ticket booked through a travel agent, the flight change fee will range from USD 100 – 300.
- And your ticket is a Flying Blue Award Ticket, the flight change fee will be USD 50.
Kenya Airways flight change fees range from USD 100 – 300 (USD 50 for award tickets), depending on your route and fare type. If you make changes to your flight ticket: