What is the cancellation policy at Frontier Airlines?
According to the revised Frontier Airlines cancellation policy, passengers are allowed to cancel a flight and receive a full refund under certain situations. These conditions are as follows:
- You book at least 7 days (168 hours) before departure and cancel within 24 hours.
- Your scheduled flight is cancelled and you decide not to catch the alternative flight.
- Your ticket is refundable (the WORKS bundle) and you cancel your flight.
- You cancel a ticket due to COVID-19 by transferring its full value to an Air Canada Travel Voucher or Aeroplan Points with a 65% bonus.
- You cancel a Last Seat award ticket before departure.
- You cancel an award ticket at least 180 days before the scheduled departure.
- You cancel a standard ticket at least 60 days before departure.
- Any special circumstances such as death or serious illness of a passenger/close family member, jury duty, etc. (subject to documentary evidence).
In all other scenarios, you will be charged a cancellation fee, depending on the fare conditions of your ticket.
Frontier Airlines Refund Application Form. Under the Frontier cancellation policy, if you’re holding the WORKS bundle ticket, you can retain the value of your ticket and use it within 1 year of the transaction date. However, if you want a refund, you must fill out an online refund form.
Frontier Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Does Frontier Airlines allow 24-hour cancellations?
Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy for 24 hours allows a passenger to cancel any flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase and receive a full refund—as long as the flight departs at least after 7 days (168 hours). The policy applies to all types of tickets—including non-refundable fares.
If you cancel within 7 days of travel or more than 24 hours after purchasing your ticket, a cancellation fee will be charged, depending on the fare conditions of your ticket.
Frontier Cancellation Policy Due to COVID
Can I cancel a Frontier Airlines flight due to COVID?
Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy in response to coronavirus allows you to cancel your flight booking free of charge for any ticket booked between December 22, 2020, through September 30, 2021. If you cancel a ticket booked after September 30, 2021, you will have to pay a cancellation fee, depending on your fare type and when you cancel. For cancellation fee details, refer to the section titled Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Death or Illness
Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight if you fall seriously ill before the flight, or due to the death of a close family member. However, you must provide documentary proof, such as a medical certificate, death certificate, etc.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Due to Weather
The Frontier cancellation policy due to weather (and other reasons outside of its control, such as bird strikes, air traffic control, etc.) allows you to either opt for the next available flight (or a convenient flight that suits you when the weather improves) at no additional cost or request a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket. However, it does not entitle you to any compensation on account of any possible delay, cancellation, or rescheduling.
Frontier Airlines Delays and Cancellations Policy
If your flight was delayed, cancelled, or diverted due to reasons within Frontier Airlines’ control—such as mechanical issues, aircraft damage, misplaced/delayed baggage, etc.—you will be put on the next available flight at no additional charge. Alternatively, if your flight was cancelled, you can ask for a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket
If your flight was cancelled, delayed, or diverted due to reasons beyond Frontier Airlines’ control—such as extreme weather, bird strikes, or Air Traffic Control—you will be re-accommodated on the next available flight, or a later flight that suits your convenience (when the weather improves), at no additional charge. Alternatively, if your flight is cancelled, you can ask for a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket. However, you will not be entitled to any compensation.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee—Flights Booked on/After June 2, 2022
How much is Frontier’s cancellation fee?
The Frontier cancellation fee will depend on when you cancel your ticket. The cancellation fees for bookings made on or after June 2, 2022, are shown below.
|Bookings Made on/after June 2, 2022||Frontier Cancellation Fee*|
|Within 24 hours of purchase||USD 0|
|60-plus days before departure||USD 99|
|59 – 7 days before departure||USD 99|
|6 days or less before departure (incl. same day)||USD 99|
|*No cancellation fee will apply for cancelling a WORKS bundle ticket.|
Per Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy, you must pay a flight cancellation fee in the following scenarios.
- If you cancel a standard ticket 59 to 7 days before departure, you will be charged a fee of USD 99 per passenger per way. The value of your ticket (minus the cancellation fee) will be retained as a travel credit for future travel.
- If you cancel a standard ticket 6 days or less before departure (incl. same day), you will be charged a fee of USD 99 per passenger per way. The value of your ticket (minus the cancellation fee) will be retained as a travel credit.
- If you cancel an award ticket, you will be charged a non-refundable redeposit fee of USD 75 for re-depositing your Frontier Miles, but this fee is waived for Last Seat Award flights. However, you must cancel before your flight’s departure.
Note. After you cancel your Frontier flight, the value of your fare minus the Frontier cancellation fee (and less the Flight Flexibility fee) will be retained as a single-use travel credit for 90 days—with no residual value after use, even if remaining. You don’t have to travel within the 90-day period—but you must use your travel credit to book within 90 days. Remember, Frontier’s travel credits cannot be redeemed for cash, and you must cancel before your flight’s departure.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee—Flights Booked Between July 27, 2021, and June 1, 2022
The cancellation fees for flight bookings made between July 27, 2021, and June 1, 2022, are shown below.
|Bookings Made Between July 27, 2021, and June 1, 2022||Frontier Cancellation Fee*|
|Within 24 hours of purchase||USD 0|
|60-plus days before departure||USD 0|
|59 – 7 days before departure||USD 49|
|6 days or less before departure (incl. same day)||USD 79|
|*No cancellation fee is charged for cancelling a WORKS bundle ticket.|
- All the itinerary changes are subject to fare differences and options prices.
- If you cancel your flight, the value of your ticket will be retained as a travel credit—minus the applicable cancellation fee and carrier charges.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee for The WORKS Bundle
Per Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy, you will not be charged any fees for cancelling your WORKS ticket. After you cancel the WORKS ticket, its full value will be retained as a single-use travel credit for up to 1 year after the date of the transaction.
A few important points to note:
- Once you use your ticket, no residual value will remain, even if there’s any balance left.
- If the value of your travel credit does not cover the value of your new flight ticket, you can pay the balance with your credit card.
- Travel credits are non-transferrable. This means the name on the new booking must exactly match the name on the old booking.
Remember, if you want a refund after cancelling your ticket, you must fill also out the Frontier Airlines Refund Application Form.
Frontier Flight Cancellation Process
How do I cancel my Frontier flight?
You can cancel a Frontier Airlines flight ticket online or by phone (+1-866-399-0587).
- If you booked your ticket directly through Air Canada, Google Flights, Skyscanner, or Kayak, you can cancel online via My Bookings or by phone.
- If you booked your ticket through a different travel agent (online/offline), you must contact them directly to cancel your ticket.
How to Cancel a Frontier Airlines Flight Online
To cancel a Frontier Airlines flight online, follow the steps below:
- Go to Manage Trip
- Click on the Review/Change button
- Enter the following information to access your flight booking:
- Your last name
- Your 6-character flight confirmation code
(it appears as an alphanumeric code, such as FLY789 or C5CEKG, in the top right corner of your confirmation mail).
- Click on the Search button
(your flight details will appear)
- Select your flight and cancel it
- If you’re cancelling the WORKS ticket:
- You won’t have to pay any penalty.
- You can retain your ticket value for 1 year.
- You must complete the Frontier Airlines Refund Application Form.
- If you’re holding a normal ticket, you may have to pay a cancellation penalty unless you qualify for a full refund as indicated in the section titled Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy.
How to Cancel a Frontier Airlines Flight by Phone
You can cancel your Frontier Airlines flight by calling the Frontier Airlines phone number: +1-866-399-0587. When cancelling your flight by phone, have your 6-character flight confirmation code at hand.
Frontier Airlines Refund Policy
What is Frontier Airlines’ refund policy?
Frontier Airlines’ ticket refund policy allows full refunds in the following scenarios:
- You purchase a ticket at least 7 days in advance and cancel it within 24 hours.
- You cancel a WORKS bundle ticket prior to departure.
- You cancel a ticket (any type) during the COVID waiver period, i.e., if your ticket was issued between December 22, 2020, and September 30, 2021.
- You can cancel a ticket (any type) at least 60 days before departure.
- You can cancel an award ticket at least 180 days before departure.
- You cancel a Last Seat Award ticket before departure.
- You fall seriously ill or a close relative expires (subject to Frontier Airlines’ consent).
Aside from this, the following conditions apply:
- All refunds will be made to the original form of payment. However, when applying for a refund, documentary evidence is produced that the ticket was purchased by a third party such as an employer or a travel agency, and the refund will be made directly to the employer or the travel agency.
- All fares, fees, taxes, and charges are payable in US dollars, other than bookings made through online Canadian travel websites, which are payable in Canadian dollars.
- Eligible refunds take about 7 business days to process but may take 1 – 2 cycles to reflect in your account statement.
- If you have not used any portion of your ticket, the amount refunded will be the fare paid by you, plus ancillary purchases (such as for baggage, seat assignments, etc.), government charges, fees, and taxes, and certain other charges paid by you toward the ticket.
- If you have used a portion of your ticket, the amount of refund will be the fare paid by you, plus all ancillary/additional purchases, paid from the point of termination/stopover of your flight to the destination.
Frontier Airlines Refund Request
How to ask for a refund on Frontier Airlines
Before you ask for a refund, you must cancel your ticket. After cancelling it, you can make a refund request in the following ways:
- On the phone by calling Frontier Airlines Reservations at 1-866-399-0587.
- Online by filling out the online form.
How to Check Frontier Airlines Refund Status
You can check your refund status online or by phone at 1-866-399-0587. To check your refund status online:
- Go to FlyFrontier.com
- Select My Trips
- Enter your Last Name and Confirmation Code
- Hit the Search button
Your refund status will appear on the next page.
How to Use Frontier Airlines Flight Credit
If you’ve got a flight credit from a previously cancelled flight, you can use it to make a new booking through the website as explained below.
- Book your new flight via FlyFrontier.com
- Select Credit with Frontier on the payment screen
- Enter your 6-digit confirmation code
(same as that from your original booking).
- Follow the onscreen prompts to confirm your booking and pay
- You cannot redeem credits with cash.
- The WORKS credits expire 1 year from the date of issue.
- If the credit is not sufficient, the balance must be paid by credit card.
- Credits cannot be transferred and must be redeemed only by the passenger in whose name it was issued.
- The names on the new and old reservations must match.
- Credits can only be used once. This means after you’ve used a credit once, there won’t be any value left—even if you don’t use the entire value.
How to Avoid Frontier Airlines Change Flight and Cancellation Fees
Save on Frontier Airlines change and cancellation fees by following these tips:
- Buy your ticket at least 7 days before travelling. This allows you to cancel or change your booking free of charge within 24 hours of booking—and applies to all types of fares within the United States.
- If possible, buy the WORKS bundle. It’s costlier, but you won’t have to pay any change or cancellation fee if your travel plans change.
- Earn Elite-level status.
- If your flight is cancelled, you have the option to cancel or rebook your flight free of charge.
- If your flight is rescheduled and the new flight doesn’t suit you, you may have the option to rebook free of charge.
- Ask Frontier how best they can help you.
Can I get a refund on my voucher if I cancel my booking voluntarily?
If you cancel your travel voluntarily, the remaining funds will be provided back to you in the form of a voucher after deducting will be after any applicable fees will revert to the form of payment associated with the booking. If a voucher is used to book travel, the funds would be provided back in the form of a voucher.