EVA Air has updated its cancellation policy due to COVID-19. EVA’s new travel waivers allow you to cancel some flights and apply for a refund without paying any cancellation fee, as explained below.
COVID-19 Travel Waivers
EVA Air has updated its travel waivers in response to COVID-19. These travel waivers provide you more flexibility to plan your travel to suit your convenience, and are as follows:
- If you’re travelling between May 19 and August 9, 2021 on EVA Air or UNI Air International cross-strait flights or Hong Kong/Macau flights and your ticket was issued on or before July 23, 2021, and your flight was cancelled or rescheduled, you are allowed to cancel your EVA Air ticket and ask for a refund without having to pay a cancellation fee.
- If you’re travelling to/from Jakarta between July 13 and July 31, 2021, on EVA Air and your ticket was issued or reissued on or before July 8, 2021, you’re allowed to postpone your flight date (not cancel it) till your ticket is valid without paying any penalty. However, you must do it by August 31, 2021.
- You can cancel an award ticket and get a penalty-free refund if your flight was affected due to COVID.
- You can also cancel a group booking without penalty if your flight was affected by COVID.
- If you want to cancel a ticket purchased from a travel agent, you must contact them directly.
EVA Air Cancellation Policy (Standard)
The EVA Air cancellation policy allows you to cancel your ticket without penalty:
- If you cancel a flight booking to/from the United States, provided you book directly through EVA Air at least 7 days before departure and cancel within 24 hours and submit a refund application form within 24 hours of purchase.
- If EVA Air cancels your flight.
- If EVA Air fails to stop at your destination.
- If EVA Air delays your flight and it causes you to miss a connecting flight on the same booking (only if you’re holding a confirmed booking on the connecting flight).
- If EVA Air denies you boarding even though you checked in on time and did not flout any rules.
EVA Air Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
The EVA Air 24-hour cancellation policy allows you to cancel any ticket to/from the U.S. without penalty if:
- You book your ticket directly through EVA Air (website, mobile app, or ticket office), and
- You book your ticket at least one week (168 hours) before your flight’s departure, and
- You cancel it within 24 hours of booking, and
- You submit a refund application within 24 hours of purchase
The 24-hour cancellation policy holds good for all types of tickets purchased to/from the United States, as long as you meet all of the above conditions.
EVA Air Cancelled Flights Policy
What is the EVA Air ticket cancellation policy for cancelled flights?
The EVA Air cancelled flights policy applies to flights cancelled by EVA Air. Under the EVA Air ticket cancellation policy for cancelled flights, if EVA Air cancels your flight, you have 2 options—either to take the alternative flight offered by EVA or ask for a refund. You’re within your rights as a passenger to claim a refund.
EVA Air Cancellation Fee
Depending on your fare type, the EVA Air cancellation charges are as follows:
- Domestic cancellation fee Typically starts from USD 50
- International cancellation fee Typically starts from USD 100
- Fee waivers will depend on your fare type, so always check before buying your ticket.
- You must cancel your ticket 3 – 7 hours before your flight (depending on your ticket’s conditions).
- Economy Discount tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- All other tickets are subject to a cancellation fee unless specified to the contrary.
How to Know if Your EVA Air Flight Ticket is Refundable
You can know whether your EVA Air ticket is refundable by reading the fare details on your ticket, or by asking an EVA Air representative or travel agent over the phone.
How to Cancel a Flight on EVA Air
You can cancel a flight booking on EVA Air in any of the following ways:
- For tickets purchased directly through EVA Air (any channel):
- By phone (+1-844-903-1897)
- Online through EvaAir.com
(through the View My Booking tab under Manage).
- For tickets purchased from a travel agent, contact them directly.
- For award tickets, contact EVA Air’s local reservations office directly.
EVA Air No-Show Policy
If you don’t show up for a flight and don’t cancel your flight booking before departure, the entire reservation (and onward reservations) may be cancelled.
EVA Air Refund Policy
What are the major highlights of the EVA Air refund policy?
According to the EVA Air refund policy:
- Refunds will be made to the person whose name is mentioned on the ticket, or to the person who paid for it after the presentation of satisfactory documentary proof.
- If the ticket conditions place a restriction on the refund, the refund will only be made to the person who paid for the ticket.
- In case of involuntary refunds, i.e., if:
- Your flight is cancelled by EVA, not operated per schedule, or
- Your flight does not stop at your destination, or
- You’re denied boarding and this results in your missing a connecting flight on which you hold a confirmed reservation
…the refund amount will be equal to the fare paid by you. However, if you’ve used a part of your ticket, the refund amount not be less than the difference between the fare already paid by you and the portion of the fare consumed by you.
- In case of voluntary refunds, i.e., if you cancel your ticket and want a refund:
- If you haven’t used any portion of your ticket, the refund amount will be equal to the fare already paid by you minus the cancellation fees or applicable service charges per rules, or
- If you’ve used a portion of your ticket, the refund amount will be equal to the fare paid by you minus the portion of the fare already consumed by you minus the cancellation fees or applicable service charges.
- Time limit. All refund requests must be made within 2 years of the ticket’s issue date.
- You will not be allowed a refund on a ticket presented to EVA Air or a government official as evidence of your intention to depart from a country unless you can prove that you have permission to stay in the country or that you will be departing on an alternative means of transport/carrier.
- Refund currency. All refunds will be refunded in the currency in which the ticket was purchased, and will be subject to all the applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country. Different-currency refunds will be subject to EVA’s existing rules and regulations.
- Refund mode. Refunds will be processed as purchased. If you purchased your ticket by credit card, the refund will be made to that card, and if you paid for your ticket through a bank transfer, the refund will be credited to your bank account.
- Processing time. Credit card refunds are processed within 7 business days of receiving the refund request. However, the refund will reflect in the next billing cycle. Flight tickets and add-on products and services paid for by check or cash are refunded within 20 business days of receiving the request.
- Third-party refunds. Refunds will be made by the agency that originally issued the ticket. This means if you purchased your ticket from EVA Air’s authorized travel agent, the refund will be made by the travel agent on behalf of EVA, and not by EVA Air.