Under the Etihad flight cancellation policy, only refundable tickets can be cancelled and fully refunded. You will know from the fare conditions mentioned in your ticket whether you can cancel your ticket, and if so, and how much you will be charged for cancelling.
However, in some cases (see below), you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket.
- The Etihad cancellation policy allows you to claim a full refund of your flight booking if:
- Any flight in your itinerary has been cancelled.
- Your flight fails to operate reasonably per schedule.
- Etihad fails to carry you on a flight on which you have a confirmed reservation despite your having met the check-in deadline and boarding time.
- Etihad fails to stop at your stopover or destination.
- Etihad causes you to miss a connecting flight where you hold a confirmed booking.
- The Etihad flight cancellation policy allows you to claim a full refund on the unused portion of your ticket if your flight is delayed by at least 5 hours and you choose not to travel.
- You can also get a full refund if you book a flight ticket to or from the United States at least 7 days before the scheduled departure and cancel it within 24 hours of purchasing it, provided you booked your ticket through Etihad’s United States point of sales.
- Etihad’s ticket cancellation policy also allows you to cancel your ticket and claim a full refund if you’re holding a fully refundable ticket (i.e., the fare conditions of your ticket state so).
Etihad Cancellation Policy for COVID
The Etihad Airways cancellation policy for COVID-19 has ceased to apply for flight bookings made after May 31, 2022. This means:
- Tickets issued/reissued till May 31,2022, must be fully utilized by September 30, 2022.
- All COVID-19-related refunds must be completed by May 31, 2022.
- The normal fare rules will apply for tickets issued before May 31, 2022 or with a travel date after September 30, 2022.
Etihad Cancellation Policy for USA
If you book your ticket to/from the United States directly through Etihad’s U.S. point of sales office
at least 7 days before departure, you are entitled to a full refund if you cancel it within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket.
Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy within 24 Hours
The Etihad Airways cancellation policy allows cancellations within 24 hours only for flights booked to or from the United States. Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, if you book a ticket to or from the United States (from a U.S. point of sales) at least 7 days before departure and cancel it within 24 hours of booking, you are entitled to a full refund.
Your refund will be processed within 7 days of your request.
Cancellation Fees for Etihad Airways
If you don’t qualify for a full refund, you may be charged a cancellation fee per your ticket’s fare rules.
- The cancelation fee will depend on:
- Your fare type, i.e., Deal, Saver, Classic, or Flex.
- Your route.
- If you have booked multiple fares, the most restrictive fare will apply.
- The cancellation fee will depend on your original ticket’s fare rules.
- Infant tickets are fully refundable.
- If you cancel within 96 hours of your flight, an additional 10% fee will be charged.
- You will not be charged for refunding (or changing) your flight booking if a co-passenger or an immediate family member dies (valid documentation will be required).
- A no-show fee will be charged if you miss your flight.
- You must inform Etihad Airways—as soon as you can—that you will miss your flight, otherwise your return/onward flight could be canceled.
- If you’re flying with a partner airline, you’ll need to contact them directly.
- To cancel a ticket booked from a third party, you will need to them directly.
Etihad Airways Ticket Cancellation Procedure
The ticket cancellation procedure at Etihad is quite simple—you can cancel your flight ticket:
- By phone
- Online through Manage my booking
Remember, if you purchased your ticket from a third party such as a travel agent or an online website, you must contact them directly.
- How to Cancel Etihad Booking by Phone?
To cancel your Etihad Airways booking by phone, call customer service number.
- How to Cancel Etihad Booking Online?
The Etihad Airways ticket cancellation procedure for online flight cancellations is as follows:
- Go to Etihad.com
- From the Manage tab, select View or change booking
(appearing under Manage your booking)
- Enter your booking reference/ticket number and last name.
- Click on the Find My Booking button.
- Select the flight you want to cancel
- Follow the on-screen prompts to cancel your booking
You can also change or cancel your Etihad Airways flight booking with the mobile app.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Compensation
If your Etihad flight is cancelled due to reasons within the airline’s control or you are involuntarily denied boarding, you are entitled to receive flight compensation from Etihad:
- Euro 400 for flights not exceeding 3,500km
- Euro 600 for flights exceeding 3,500km
Etihad Airways flight cancellation compensation will be reduced by 50% if you are offered an alternative flight for which the arrival time does not exceed the original flight’s arrival time:
- By 3 hours for flights within 3,500km
- By 4 hours for flights exceeding 3,500km
You are also allowed to choose any one of the following options:
- Reimbursement of the cost of the unused part of your ticket for which you did not make the journey.
- Re-routing to your final destination under similar conditions as close to your travel date as possible.
- Re-routing to your final destination under similar conditions at a later date convenient to you.
Your Right to Care
If your flight has been cancelled or delayed by more than 4 hours (3 hours for flights departing from Athens or Larnaca), or you were involuntarily denied boarding, you are also entitled to the following free of charge:
- Meals and refreshment vouchers depending on your waiting time.
- 2 phone calls, e-mails, fax, or telex messages.
- Hotel accommodation if necessary.
- To-and-fro transportation (airport to hotel and back).
Etihad Airways Refund Policy
According to the Etihad refund policy:
- Refunds typically take 14–30 working days to reflect on your card/bank statement.
- Your ticket is refundable (with or without a cancellation fee) if it has not been used.
- Refunds and cancellations cannot be reversed.
- Refunds are subject to the fare rules of the ticket.
- Your ticket must have been issued at least 5 days earlier ago and purchased through a single credit card.
- Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. If you are no longer using the credit card with which you paid, you must contact Etihad.
- Service and ancillary fees are non-refundable.
Etihad Refund Application
You can request a full or partial refund of your flight ticket through the Manage tab on Etihad.com (select View or change booking which appears under Manage your booking).
Frequently Asked Questions
A. You can cancel your ticket and get a full refund if:
1) Your flight is cancelled or fails to operate reasonably per schedule.
2) Etihad does not carry you on a flight where you hold a confirmed booking even though you met the check-in and boarding deadline.
3) Your flight does not stop at your destination/stopover point.
4) The airline causes you to miss a connecting flight in which you have a confirmed reservation.
5) Your flight is delayed by at least 5 hours and you choose not to travel.
6) You book a flight to/from the U.S. at least 7 days before departure directly through Etihad’s U.S. sales point and cancel it within 24 hours of purchasing it.
7) Your flight ticket is fully refundable.
A. If you booked your flight through a travel agent or a third party, you must contact them directly.
A. If you booked directly from Etihad Airways, you can cancel your ticket online through the View or change booking option that appears under Manage your booking. If you booked from a third party, you must contact them directly.
A. The penalty fee charged by Etihad Airways is AED 150 if any booking is cancelled within 96 hours of travel. This applies to tickets issued on or after October 1, 2020, that originate from the UAE. This will be charged in addition to the applicable cancellation fee mentioned in the fare conditions.
However, the cancellation fee will not apply:
1) To flights originating outside of the UAE.
2) If a flight has been cancelled by or changed by Etihad.
3) The passenger cancels because he/she tested positive for COVID-19.
4) The passenger cancels due to a travel restriction/ban that prevents the passenger from travelling.
A. Etihad Airways flight cancellation policy for tickets booked between October 1, 2020, and September 30, 2021, allows you to cancel your flight and get a full refund in the following cases:
1) A flight in your itinerary is cancelled.
2) You test positive for COVID-19 48 to 96 hours before your flight from a government-approved facility.
3) Government regulations prevent you from travelling.
However, to qualify for a full refund, your ticket must have been purchased either directly from Etihad Airlines or from a sales point in the U.S., Canada, or the European Union. Plus, you must request a refund a maximum of 14 days before your flight departs.
A. Under the Etihad cancellation policy, if your flight is delayed by 5 hours or more, you can cancel it and get a full refund.
A. The cancellation policy of Etihad Airways for the United States allows you to claim a full refund if you meet all of these conditions:
1) You book a flight to or from the United States at least 7 days before it departs.
2) You cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking.
You booked your ticket through Etihad Airways’ U.S. point of sales office.
A. According to Etihad’s Economy cancellation policy:
1) Economy Hand Baggage Only, Economy Sale, and Economy Value fares cannot be cancelled or refunded.
2) Economy Choice fares can be cancelled for a fee, depending on your fare type and route.
Economy Choice Plus fares can be cancelled and refunded free of charge.
A. Passengers in the United States who purchase their tickets at least 7 days before the scheduled departure date and time are allowed to cancel their reservation and receive a full refund if they cancel their booking within 24 hours of purchasing their ticket.
A. According to the Etihad Choice Plus cancellation policy, both Economy and Business Choice Plus tickets can be cancelled and refunded free of charge.