Under the Etihad cancellation policy for 2021, only refundable tickets can be cancelled and fully refunded. You will know from the fare conditions mentioned in your ticket whether you can cancel your ticket, and if so, and how much you will be charged for cancelling.
However, in some cases, you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund.
- The Etihad cancellation policy allows you to claim a full refund on your flight booking if:
- Any flight in your itinerary has been cancelled.
- You have tested COVID positive 48–96 hours before your flight from an approved government facility.
- Your travel is restricted by government regulations that prevent you from travelling.
Conditions of refund
To qualify for a refund under the etihad airways flight cancellation policy, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must have purchased your ticket directly from Etihad Airlines or a travel agency in the United States, Canada, or the European Union (incl. the UK and Switzerland).
- Your travel date must be between October 1, 2020, and September 30, 2021.
- You must request a refund a maximum of 14 days before your flight’s departure.
- Etihad’s cancellation policy allows you to claim a full refund on the unused portion of your ticket if your flight is delayed by at least 5 hours and you choose not to travel.
- You can also get a full refund if you book a flight ticket to or from the United States at least 7 days before your flight’s scheduled departure and cancel it within 24 hours of purchasing it. You must also have booked your ticket through Etihad’s United States point of sales.
- Etihad Airways ticket cancellation policy also allows you to cancel your ticket and claim a full refund if you’re holding a fully refundable ticket and the fare conditions of your ticket state so.
What is the Cancellation Policy for Etihad Airways
If you don’t qualify for a full refund, you may be charged a cancellation fee per your ticket’s fare rules.
- The cancelation fee will depend on:
- Your fare type, i.e., Deal, Saver, Classic, or Flex.
- Your route.
- If you have booked multiple fares, the most restrictive fare will apply.
- The cancellation fee will depend on your original ticket’s fare rules.
- Infant tickets are fully refundable.
- If you cancel within 96 hours of your flight, an additional 10% fee will be charged.
- You will not be charged for refunding (or changing) your flight booking if a co-passenger or an immediate family member dies (valid documentation will be required).
- A no-show fee will be charged if you miss your flight.
- You must inform Etihad Airways—as soon as you can—that you will miss your flight, otherwise your return/onward flight could be canceled.
- If you’re flying with a partner airline, you’ll need to contact them directly.
- To cancel a ticket booked from a third party, you will need to them directly.
Etihad Cancellation Policy within 24 Hours
Etihad Airways allows cancellations within 24 hours only for flights booked to or from the United States. Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, if you book a ticket to or from the United States (from a U.S. point of sales) at least 7 days before departure and cancel it within 24 hours of booking, you are entitled to a full refund.
Your refund will be processed within 7 days of your request.
Etihad Airways Ticket Cancellation Procedure
The cancellation policy for etihad airways tickets is quite simple—you can cancel your flight ticket:
- By phone (+1-866-399-0587)
- Online through Manage my booking
Remember, if you purchased your ticket from a third party such as a travel agent or an online website, you must contact them directly.
How to Cancel Etihad Booking by Phone
To cancel your Etihad booking by phone, call +1-866-399-0587. This number is toll-free in the USA and Canada and open 24/7.
How to Cancel Etihad Booking Online
The Etihad Airways ticket cancellation procedure online flight cancellations is as follows:
- Go to Etihad.com
- From the Manage tab, select View or change booking
(appearing under Manage your booking)
- Enter your booking reference/ticket number and last name
- Click on the Find My Booking button
- Select the flight you want to cancel
- Follow the on-screen prompts to cancel your booking
You can also change or cancel your Etihad Airways flight booking with the mobile app.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Compensation Policy
If your Etihad flight is cancelled due to reasons within the airline’s control or you are involuntarily denied boarding, you are entitled to receive flight compensation from Etihad:
- Euro 400 for flights not exceeding 3,500km
- Euro 600 for flights exceeding 3,500km
Etihad Airways ticket cancellation compensation will be reduced by 50% if you are offered an alternative flight/flights for which the arrival time does not exceed the original flight’s arrival time:
- By 3 hours for flights within 3,500km
- By 4 hours for flights exceeding 3,500km
You are also allowed to choose any one of the following options:
- Reimbursement of the cost of the unused part of your ticket for which you did not make the journey.
- Re-routing to your final destination under similar conditions as close to your travel date as possible.
- Re-routing to your final destination under similar conditions at a later date convenient to you.
Your Right to Care
If your flight has been cancelled or delayed by more than 4 hours (3 hours for flights departing from Athens or Larnaca), or you were involuntarily denied boarding, you are also entitled to the following free of charge:
- Meals and refreshment vouchers depending on your waiting time.
- 2 phone calls, e-mails, fax, or telex messages.
- Hotel accommodation if necessary.
- To-and-fro transportation (airport to hotel and back).
Etihad Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Refunds typically take 14–30 working days to reflect on your card/bank statement.
- Your ticket is refundable (with or without a cancellation fee) if it has not been used.
- Refunds and cancellations cannot be reversed.
- Refunds are subject to the fare rules of the ticket.
- Your ticket must have been issued at least 5 days earlier ago and purchased through a single credit card.
- Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. If you are no longer using the credit card with which you paid, you must contact Etihad.
- Service and ancillary fees are non-refundable.