The Avelo cancellation policy is extremely passenger-friendly because it allows you to cancel (or change) your flight up to 15 minutes before departure without any cancellation (or change) fee. Cancelled flights are converted into Avelo Travel Funds toward future travel for free online and USD 20 via Customer Support.
Avelo Airlines Cancellation Policy
The major highlights of the Avelo flight cancellation policy are as follows:
- Avelo Airlines does not charge a flight cancellation fee if you cancel (or change) your flight up to 15 minutes before departure (regardless of fare type)
- After you cancel your flight, you will receive Avelo Travel Funds toward a future flight on Avelo. You can redeem these funds to book a new flight online (for no service fee) or through Avelo’s Customer Support Center for a USD 20 service charge per passenger.
- You can cancel any flight reservation without penalty within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund to your original form of payment, as long as you purchase your ticket at least 7 days (168 hours) before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
- If your flight is cancelled, or its schedule is changed or not followed, you will be asked to choose from the following options:
- Be transported on the next available Avelo flight to your original destination at no additional charge, or
- Obtain a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket, or
- Book an alternative means of reaching your destination, subject to Avelo’s discretion
- If your flight is diverted and Avelo is unable to provide alternative transportation to your original destination, Avelo will cancel your flight and refund the entire airfare including any optional service charges you’ve paid for your flight, such as baggage fees, etc.
- If you purchase your ticket from a third party, the Avelo cancellation policy requires you to cancel your ticket directly through the issuing source.
Avelo 24-hour Cancellation Policy
According to Avelo Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, if you book your ticket at least 1 week prior to departure and cancel it within 24 hours of booking, you are entitled to a full refund without having to pay any cancellation fee. Avelo flight cancellations made within the 24-hour grace period apply to all tickets, regardless of fare type.
Avelo Cancelation Policy After 24 Hours
The Avelo cancelation policy after 24 hours remains the same, as long as you cancel your ticket up to 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight. If you don’t cancel or change your flight ticket at least 15 minutes before departure, it will be treated as a No-Show and the fare paid by you will be forfeited.
Avelo No-Show Fee
Passengers who don’t cancel (or change) their flights at least 15 minutes before departure or fail to show up for their flights will be treated as No-Show cases, and the fare paid by them will be forfeited.
How to Cancel an Avelo Flight?
Avelo Airlines cancel flight process :
- By phone.
- Online via Manage Trips
- (if you purchased your ticket directly from the official website of Avelo airlines or mobile app)
- Through an Avelo ticketing office in your city/airport
- Through your travel agent
How to Make Avelo Flight Cancellations Online?
You can cancel your flight online if you purchased your ticket directly through Avelo’s website or mobile app.
To make an online flight cancellation, follow the steps below:
- Go to Avelo’s homepage, AveloAir.com
- Click on the Manage Trips option on top
- Retrieve your flight as follows:
- Enter your Last Name and Confirmation Number
- Click on the Manage button
- Select your flight and follow the prompts to cancel your flight
Avelo Cancelled Flights Policy
If Avelo cancels your flight, the airline will offer the following options to you at no additional charge:
- Take the next available flight to your original destination on Avelo, or
- Cancel your flight and ask for a full refund of the unutilized part of your ticket, or
- Book another flight (that suits you) to your destination (at the airline’s discretion)
If you cancel your flight, you will receive your refund in the form of Avelo Travel Funds, which you can redeem later to book a new flight on Avelo. Cancelling your flight online through Avelo’s website will not incur any service charge, but cancelling through the Customer Support Center will attract a USD 20 service charge per passenger.
Avelo Delayed Flights Policy
If your flight is delayed or cancelled due to controllable situations (within the airline’s control)—such as mechanical failures, crew issues, etc.—you will be booked on the next available Avelo flight to your destination at no additional cost. If the situation requires you to spend the night at a hotel, you will be provided free hotel accommodation by the airline. If your flight is delayed or cancelled due to uncontrollable situations (outside the airline’s control)—such as weather, air traffic restrictions, strikes, etc.—you will be offered the next available flight at no additional charge.
Till When Can I Cancel an Avelo Flight Ticket?
You can cancel your Avelo flight without penalty up to 15 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time. After that, it will be treated as a No-Show and the entire fare will be forfeited.
Avelo Cancellation Fee
Avelo does not charge a cancellation fee if you cancel your flight at least 15 minutes before departure. Any cancellation after this period will result in the forfeiture of travel funds.
Avelo Refund Policy
According to Avelo Airlines’ refund policy:
- All refunds are subject to the fare rules of your ticket.
- Nonrefundable fares
- Cannot be refunded unless:
- They are cancelled within the 24-hour grace period.
- They are cancelled due to the airline cancelling the flight or failing to operate per its published schedule.
- The airline states otherwise.
- When you cancel a nonrefundable fare, the unused portion of the fare (incl. security fees, taxes, and passenger facility charges) will be converted into Avelo Travel Funds (ATFs) which can be used for purchasing a new ticket for future travel, subject to a fee if you’re cancelling very close to departure. If your new ticket is cheaper, the balance amount will be refunded in the form of an ATF for future use.
- Are subject to a No-Show fee if cancelled within 15 minutes of departure
- Do not qualify for cash or credit card refunds, unless Avelo cannot provide travel services.
- Avelo Travel Funds Eligibility. If you use one or more ATFs to purchase a ticket or optional services and cancel them later, the ATFs reissued after cancellation will have the same expiration date as earlier.
- Forfeiture of ATFs. If you do not apply your ATF for purchasing a new ticket within its eligibility period, the entire ATF will be forfeited.
- Cannot be refunded unless:
- Refund Time. Eligible refunds for credit/debit card purchases will be made (to the original form of payment) within 7 business days of the receipt of the refund request from the passenger, and within 20 business days if purchased through other means.
- The quickest way to submit a refund request is by phone.
Avelo Compensation for Denied Boarding
If you’ve been involuntarily denied boarding due to an oversell of a domestic flight ticket, you are entitled to a boarding denial compensation of:
- 200% of the airfare to your destination city, subject to a maximum of USD 775, if Avelo offers you alternative transportation that is scheduled to reach your destination city more than 1 hour but less than 2 hours after your original flight’s arrival time.
- 400% of the airfare to your destination, subject to a maximum of USD 1,550, if Avelo is unable to offer alternative transportation that is scheduled to reach your destination city 2 hours or more after your original flight’s arrival time.
Avelo Airlines will pay you the above compensation on the day and at the place at which the boarding denial occurs unless you’re provided an alternative means of transportation before the payment can take place, in which case the payment will be sent to you within 24 hours of the boarding denial by alternative methods.
You will be provided the compensation by check payable to you or (if you agree) in the form of an ATF that you can apply toward future travel. However, you can request to receive the compensation by check or another form of mutually acceptable payment
In addition to the above compensation, you will be refunded the unused fees you may have paid to purchase any Optional Services.
Exception. You will not be entitled to receive any compensation if Avelo provides comparable transportation to you at no additional cost, as long as it reaches your destination city within 1 hour of your original flight’s arrival time.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Yes, Avelo offers free cancellations, but there’s a time limit. Avelo’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight ticket up to 15 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure time. After you cancel, your reservation will be converted into Avelo Travel Funds (ATFs) which you can use to book a new trip in the future.
A. Yes, you can cancel your flight and get a refund from Avelo, provided you cancel your flight at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Your refund will be issued in the form of an Avelo Travel Fund (ATF) that you can use later to book a new flight.
A. No, you don’t have to pay a cancellation fee to cancel a flight on Avelo, because the airline does not impose any cancellation charges if you cancel at least 15 minutes before your flight’s departure time. If you fail to cancel or change your ticket within the 15-minute deadline, it will be treated as a No-Show and your fare will be forfeited by the airline.
A. Yes, you can cancel a flight that you’ve already booked on Avelo, provided you cancel at least 15 minutes before departure.
A. Avelo Airlines’ cancellation policy allows you to cancel any flight up to 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time without having to pay any penalty. Cancellations (or changes) made within 15 minutes will be treated as No-Shows and will result in the forfeiture of your travel funds.
Your cancelled flight will be converted into Avelo Travel Funds (ATFs) that you use to book a flight later, but before the expiration of the ATF. Cancelling online is free but will cost you USD 20 per passenger if you’re cancelling by phone or through an Avelo ticketing office.
A. If your flight is cancelled by Avelo, you can take the alternative flight offered to you by Avelo at no additional charge, choose a different flight acceptable to the airline, or ask for a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket.
A. Yes, the Avelo cancellation policy allows refunds in the form of Avelo Travel Funds, which can be redeemed toward future travel. However, you are entitled to receive a refund to your original form of payment only if you’re cancelling within the 24-hour grace period or claiming a refund for a cancelled or rescheduled flight.
A. Avelo does not cancel flights unless it is due to an emergency, within or outside its control.
A. Avelo does not cancel flights unless it is due to an emergency that is likely to endanger passenger safety.
A. Avelo has not cancelled flights in the recent past. However, it may cancel flights due to inclement weather conditions that would make it unsafe for passengers to fly. Although you will be notified about flight cancellations and delays, you should always check your flight status (online/mobile app) before going to the airport.
A. Avelo flights are refundable when cancelled at least 15 minutes before departure. Cancelled reservations are converted into Avelo Travel Funds that can be redeemed toward future travel. Redeeming online is free but will cost you USD 20 if you’re redeeming through Customer Support.
A. Yes, Avelo Airlines provides refunds for cancelled flights, but you can also choose to take the alternative travel options offered by the airline at no additional charge.
A. You can cancel all Avelo flights up to 15 minutes before departure.
A. Avelo refunds are provided directly to the original form of payment within the 24-hour grace period and for cancelled/rescheduled flights. Other refunds are issued in the form of Avelo Travel Funds that can be redeemed toward future travel.
Eligible refunds for credit/debit card purchases are typically returned to the original form of payment within 7 business days of request submission and other refunds take about 20 business days.
A. Yes, Avelo allows cancellations with refunds. Refunds are issued either to the original form of payment—such as for 24-hour cancellations and airline cancellations/rescheduling—or in the form of redeemable Avelo Travel Funds.
A. If Avelo cancels your flight, you have the option to accept the alternative travel arrangements offered to you (at no additional charges), suggest an alternative travel suitable to you (if it is acceptable to the airline), or obtain a full refund on the unused portion of your ticket.
A. Yes, Avelo Airlines’ cancellations are free when made online and will incur a nominal service charge of USD 20 per passenger if cancelled through Customer Support. However, you must cancel your flight at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight to avoid a No-Show (i.e., forfeiture of travel funds).
A. Yes, Avelo cancellations are free if you cancel up to 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
A. Avelo’s Manage Reservation option (or Manage Trips), is a useful online tool that allows you to customize your trip yourself through the airline’s website. You can use it to:
1) Cancel, change or upgrade your reservation online
2) Select or upgrade your seat
3) Add luggage
4) Add pets
5) Add priority boarding