Philippine Airlines name change policy allows name corrections, as long as the ticket remains the name of the passenger to whom it was issued. This means you are allowed to:
- Correct the spelling of your name—such as delete or add a missing letter of your first name or surname.
- Add Maria or Ma (the short-form of Maria) to the first name.
- Correct your maiden name to your married name.
- Use your preferred name only if it is specified in your passport with an A.K.A (also known as).
- Transpose a foreign name if all names are included.
- Correct the gender appearing against your name.
Why it Matters Change Your Name on Philippine Airlines?
It is important to ensure that the name on your flight ticket is an exact match to the name appearing on your valid ID—such as your passport, driver’s license, etc. Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board your flight.
How to Correct or Change Your Name on Philippine Airlines?
To correct or change the name on your PAL flight ticket, you will need to call Philippine Airlines at +1-866-399-0587 or the local office in your country. This phone service is available 24/7 and is toll-free if you’re calling from the United States or Canada.
Documentation Required For Name Change on Philippine Airlines
- If you’re correcting a misspelling on your ticket, you must present your passport, driver’s license, or any other valid legal ID to support your request.
- If you’re changing your name due to marriage or divorce, you must present valid legal documentation to the PAL office, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.
Note. If you booked your ticket from a third party, you must contact them directly to process your name correction or name change request.
Name Change Fee on Philippine Airlines
According to Philippine Airlines name change policy, name changes are subject to the following reissuance fee.
- Name change fee for a point of sale in the United States USD 25
- Name change fee for a point of sale in Canada CAD 40
- Name change fee for a point of sale in Japan JPY 2,500
- Name change fee for all other points of sale USD 25 or its equivalent in local currency