The AirAsia name change policy allows a change of name only if it relates to correcting a name.
For example, you are allowed to:
- Correct a spelling mistake in your name
- Add or remove English names for Chinese passengers
- Correct your gender in case of a mistake
- Swap the first and last names
AirAsia does not allow a complete change of name, especially if it results in a change of the passenger.
AirAsia Name Change Process
How can I change my name on an AirAsia flight ticket?
To correct the name on your flight ticket (limited to those mentioned above), you will need to contact AirAsia as follows:
- Go to SupportAirAsia.com
- Click on the Chat with AVA icon on the lower right side of your screen
- Select Booking Changes from the main menu
- Now select the Change of Guest’s Details
- Follow on-screen instructions to make the necessary corrections
Tip. When requesting a name correction via AVA, you must have your booking number and a copy of your passport or ID card at hand.
Remember, all name correction requests are subject to the approval of AirAsia.
How to correct gender errors and contact details on AirAsia
If you’re correcting your gender and/or contact details, you will need to go to AirAsia.com and make the corrections through Manage Bookings (Manage in some countries).
How to make a name change due to marriage or divorce
What documentation is required for making a name change due to marriage or divorce?
If you want to make a name change due to marriage or divorce, you must call AirAsia on or the local AirAsia office in your area and submit valid legal documentation, such as a marriage certificate or divorce certificate, etc.
AirAsia Name Change Fee
If you’re making minor corrections such as spelling errors, etc., you may not be charged a name change fee. However, if the name change requires amending a confirmed flight booking, you will be charged a change fee.
Typically, the standard flight change fee (per passenger) for:
- AirAsia international flights with the carrier code AK is USD 42/MYR 120.
- AirAsia domestic flights with the carrier code AK is MYR 116.50.
- AirAsia X international flights with the carrier code D7 is MYR 300/SGD 99.
- AirAsia India flights with the carrier code I5 is INR 2,500 – 3,000.
- AirAsia Japan domestic flights with the carrier code DJ is JPY 3,700.
- AirAsia Japan international flights with the carrier code DJ is JPY 4,200.
- AirAsia Thailand domestic flights with the carrier code FD is THB 802.50.
- AirAsia Thailand international flights with the carrier code FD is THB 1,320/USD 42.
- AirAsia Indonesia domestic flights with the carrier code QZ is IDR 275,000.
- AirAsia Indonesia international flights with the carrier code QZ is IDR 400,000.
- AirAsia Philippines domestic flights with the carrier code Z2 is PHP 1,248.
- AirAsia Philippines international flights with the carrier code Z2 is PHP 1,920.
- Thai AirAsia X international flights with the carrier code XJ is THB 2,500.
Note. If you’re holding a promo fare, you may not be allowed to make flight changes to your ticket. To be sure, you must check the terms and conditions of carriage on your ticket.