Have you ever booked a flight, only to have your plans change at the last minute? It can be frustrating and stressful trying to navigate through the airline’s policies and fees for making changes. If you’re flying anytime soon, you’ll want to know Wizz Air change flight date and fee policy to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience. In this blog post, we’ll break down everything you need to know about Wizz Air change flight policy, including any fees, restrictions, and steps to take when you need to make changes to your booking.
An Overview of Wizz Air Flight Change Policy
If you’re looking to make changes to your flight, it’s important to understand Wizz Air change flight date and fee policy. Whether you need to adjust your travel dates, modify your destination, or make any other changes, knowing the ins and outs of Wizz Air policy can save you time, money, and stress. Below is an overview of Wizz Air flight change policy that provides you with all the information you need to navigate the process smoothly.
- You can change a flight on Wizz Air up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time, meaning that you must have completed your flight change (incl. payment) at least 3 hours before your flight’s departure.
- If you have a one-way reservation, you can change your Wizz Air flight date, time, and destination up to a maximum of 3 hours before departure. Flight changes are not permitted within 3 hours of departure.
- If you have a two-way reservation, i.e., if your reservation includes a return flight, you can change the flight destinations for both the original and the return flight. However:
- Your first flight’s origin airport and return flight’s destination airport must be the same, and
- Your flight’s destination must be the same as your return flight’s origin airport
You can only change the time and/or date of your return flight if your first flight has departed already.
- The cost to change a flight (per flight per passenger) online or at the airport includes:
- The difference between the original ticket and the new ticket price for all fare types
(Basic, WIZZ GO, WIZZ Plus), plus
- The applicable flight change fee (€30 – 45, depending on when you cancel), plus
- The recovery of WIZZ Discount Club benefits
- The difference between the original ticket and the new ticket price for all fare types
- If you request a flight change through a call center, you will be additionally charged a call center transaction fee of €15/$17.
- No flight change fee applies to WIZZ Flex/Plus fares purchased at the time of booking.
All payments must be made by credit card.
How to Change a Flight on Wizz Air?
What is Wizz Air’s flight change process
You can change a Wizz Air flight:
- Online through the airline’s website or mobile app
- By phone through a call center or your travel agent
At Wizz Air’s sales office or airport ticket counter
To change your flight online on Wizz Air, follow the steps below:
Log in to your Wizz Air Account
(Go to WizzAir.com and click on Sign In—you’ll be taken to the Sign In page below)
- Enter your E-mail and password and click on the Sign In button
- Select the flight booking you want to modify
- Select the names of the passengers you want the flight changes to apply to
- Provide your new flight’s details (time, date, route)
- Confirm the change(s)
- Pay the applicable fare difference and flight change fee (if any)
You will receive a confirmation email with your new flight booking immediately after your payment is received.
Note. If your original ticket was fully or partially purchased with a WIZZ Voucher, the flight changes must be made for all the passengers and all the flights simultaneously.
How to Change the Flight Date on Wizz Air?
You can change your flight date on Wizz Air online or by phone. If you’re changing the flight date online, log in to your account (through the website or mobile app) with your email and password, select the flight you want to modify, then select the names of the passengers you want the changes to apply to, and then select the new flight date. After that, just confirm the changes and pay the applicable fare difference and flight change fee (if any).
Remember, all flight changes are subject to seat availability.
How to Change the Flight Time on Wizz Air?
You can change your flight time on Wizz Air online or by phone. To change the flight time online on Wizz Air, follow the same steps as above and select your new flight’s time instead of date.
How to Change the Destination on Wizz Air?
You can change the flight destination online or by phone. To change the flight destination online on Wizz Air, log in to your account, select the flight you want to change the destination of, and then choose the passengers for whom you want the changes to apply, and then choose the new destination. Finally, confirm the change of destination, and pay the applicable fare difference and the flight change fee. You will receive a confirmation email with your revised flight itinerary.
How to Change a Return Flight on Wizz Air?
You can change your return flight online or by phone. To change your return flight online, log in to your account, select your return flight and the passengers for whom want the changes to apply, and then select your return’s flight new time or date. After that, just confirm the changes and pay the applicable fare difference and flight change fee (if any).
You can change your flight destinations for the original and the return flight, as long as the first flight’s airport of origin and the return flight’s airport of destination are the same. However, if your first flight has already taken off, then you can only change your return flight’s date and time.
Wizz Air Flight Change Fee
The flight change fee charged by Wizz Air will depend on how many days before departure you’re making the change. It applies per passenger and flight and is in addition to the fare difference between the original and the new flight.
|Days Before Departure||Flight Change Fee (per passenger per flight)|
|More than 30 days||€35|
|7 – 30 days||€40|
|Within 7 days||€45|
Flight Change Fee Exemption. You won’t need to pay any flight change fee if you’ve purchased a WIZZ Flex/Plus fare.
What is the cost to change flights on Wizz Air?
The cost to change flights on Wizz Air includes:
- The applicable flight change fee (€30 – 45) as shown in the table above, plus
- The fare difference between the new fare and the original fare, plus
- The recovery of your WIZZ Discount benefits* (if any), plus
- Call center transaction fee (€15/$17) if you request the change by phone via a call center
(no transaction fee applies to online changes)
* Applies to passengers if they are not travelling with a WIZZ Discount Club member after the flight change.
- After changing your flight, you must ensure that you have checked in for your new flight and have your new boarding card.
- Services purchased from a third party at the time of booking (insurance, airport transfer, etc.) will not be automatically transferred at the time of the flight change. To make changes to such services, you must contact the service provider directly.
Wizz Air Flight Schedule Change Policy
Wizz Air flight schedule change policy allows passengers to make changes to their flights in the event of any schedule changes by Wizz Air, such as long flight delays, cancellations, or changes in your stopover or destination.
In case of schedule changes, you have the option to:
- Accept the schedule change and travel on the new flight at no additional cost, or
- Rebook for free on the next available flight on the same or similar route. If no flights are available on the same day or the next day and flying later is no longer convenient, you can arrange your own travel on another airline or through another mode of transportation (bus, train, or rental car) under similar conditions. You will be reimbursed “reasonable” expenses if you submit all receipts and invoices (tickets, fuel bills, etc.) online via WizzAir.com, or
- Request for 120% of WIZZ credits and use them to travel later, or
- Cancel your booking and request a 100% refund to your original form of payment for your cancelled flight as well as for the return journey, if applicable
Note. You can also make changes to your original booking by paying the applicable fee based on the fare rules of your ticket.
Wizz Air Change Flight Policy (FAQs)
If you’ve ever had to change a flight, you know how frustrating and confusing it can be. But fear not—Wizz Air change flight policy makes the process smooth and hassle-free. The section below answers some of the most frequently asked questions about Wizz Air flight change policy. From fees and restrictions to the process itself, it covers everything you need to know before making any changes to your Wizz Air booking.
The change flight fee is:
● €35 if you make the flight change at least 30 days before departure
● €40 if you make the flight change 7 – 30 days before departure
● €45 if you make the flight change at least 30 days before departure
Wizz Air change date fee ranges from €35 – 45, depending on how soon before departure you make the change (see above). When changing the date, you will also have to pay the fare difference between the old and the new fare.
Yes, you can change the flight date on Wizz Air, as long as you do it at least 3 hours before departure and there are seats available on the new flight booked by you.
Yes, you can change your Wizz Air flight up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time, subject to seat availability. However, you must pay the applicable flight change fee (except for Wizz Flex/Plus fares) plus the fare difference.
Yes, you can change your flight date on Wizz Air up to 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, provided you pay the fare difference (for all fare types) and the applicable flight change fee (excluding Wizz Flex/Plus fares).
You can change your flight on Wizz Air online (or through the mobile app) by logging into your account or by through this website. You can also contact the airline’s sales office in your city, or the travel agent you purchased your ticket from, or get the changes implemented (i.e., finalized and confirmed) at an airport ticket counter at least 3 hours before departure.
Refer to the answer above to learn how to change a flight on Wizz Air.
Changing a Wizz Air flight will cost you €35 – 45, depending on when you make the change. Flight changes made more than 30 days before departure will cost you €35, whereas changes made 7 – 30 days before departure will cost you €40, and those made within 7 days before departure will cost you €45. You will also need to pay the fare difference (all cases) and the call center transaction fees (€15/$17) if you’re requesting the changes through a call center.
Yes, you can make changes to your reservation (excluding your flight or your name) and purchase additional services even after you’ve checked in online.
If the new flight is on the same day and only the departure time was changed, your seat reservation will remain the same. If your flight has been moved to another day and you’ve already purchased your seat selection, you can select a new seat for the same price online. However, if you select a costlier seat, you’ll have to pay the price difference. And if you choose a cheaper seat, you’ll have to call Wizz Air for a refund.