Etihad Airways name change policy allows you to make name corrections. However, name changes/corrections are subject to certain conditions and fees. It is always recommended to review the airline’s name change policy before making any changes to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Etihad Airways Name Change Highlights
Etihad name change policy allows you to correct minor spelling errors, and titles, or even update your full name in certain cases, such as marriage, divorce, adoption, etc. This is particularly beneficial for those who may have made a mistake while booking their tickets or for those who have had legal name changes.
Knowing Etihad Airways name change policy can help avoid potential issues when checking in or boarding your flight. Plus, it can save you from unnecessary hassles of last-minute changes, incl. a boarding denial situation in a worst-case scenario.
The major highlights of Etihad Airways name correction policy are presented below.
- The name on your ticket must match the name on your passport or legal ID.
- Changes/corrections to the title (Mr., Mrs., etc.) are not considered name changes and can be done free of charge.
- You’re allowed to amend the Title and make name corrections resulting from typographical errors of up to 3 characters free of charge.
- The following name changes/corrections will incur a name change fee:
- Change of maiden name to married name
Example: Smith/Jane Ms to Carson/Jane Mrs
- Change of married name to maiden name
Example: Carson/Jane Mrs to Smith/Jane Ms
- Change of nickname/shortened name to full name
Example: Khan/Mohd Mr to Khan/Mohammad Mr
- Addition of middle name
Example: White/John Mr to White/John Smith Mr
- Addition of last name/surname
Example: Smith/John Mr to White/John Smith Mr
- A full or partial name change, subject to proof
Example: Newman/Paul Mr to Daniel/Jack Mr
- Change of maiden name to married name
- Name changes are allowed up to two hours before the scheduled departure time, but you should try to get this done as early as possible.
- You must provide valid legal identification and supporting documentation when requesting a name change due to marriage, divorce, etc. This includes government-issued identification or passport, as well as any relevant legal documents such as a marriage/divorce certificate, court decree, etc.
- To change or correct the name on a ticket that includes other airlines, you will have to cancel your current flight booking and make a new booking with the correct name. This may include paying the fare difference (if any) between the old and the new ticket.
- You can make one free name change/correction of up to 3 characters per passenger per itinerary within the same booking reference. Subsequent name changes (if permitted) will incur additional charges.
- Name changes can only be made through authorized channels, such as the airline’s call center or ticketing office.
- Name changes cannot be made online through the website or mobile app.
- For tickets purchased through travel agents, the name change request must be made through the travel agent directly.
- Group bookings have their own specific policies regarding name changes, and they may differ from individual bookings.
- To avoid last-minute problems incl. a possible boarding denial, review the terms and conditions on this page before making any name change requests.
Etihad Name Change Fee
Etihad Airways name change fee is USD 0 for amending name titles (Mr./Mrs./Ms., etc.) or making name corrections of up to 3 characters due to genuine typographical errors.
All other name corrections/changes will incur a name change fee of USD 100 (or its equivalent).
How To Change the Name on an Etihad Ticket?
You can change the name on your Etihad ticket through authorized channels—such as the airline’s call center, ticketing office, or airport ticket counter. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you must contact the agent directly.
Frequently Asked Questions on Etihad Change Name on Ticket
The FAQs below address some of the most common inquiries regarding Etihad Airways name change policy, and provide you with the information you need to navigate the process with ease.
Yes, you can change the name on your ticket, as long as you do it before checking in for your flight and there’s enough time to get the change implemented on your ticket.
The cost of changing/correcting the name on your ticket is nil if you’re correcting a title/salutation or up to 3 alphabets due to a typographical error. Anything beyond this (incl. a full or partial name change) will incur a name change fee of USD 100 or its equivalent, subject to valid legal documentation as proof.
No, you cannot transfer your ticket to another person unless the ticket is provided to you by a third party as part of a holiday package that is subject to the EU Council Directive 90/314 dated June 13, 1990. In such cases, you are permitted to transfer your ticket to another person if a force majeure event prevents you from travelling. If such a transfer is allowed, you can request Etihad or its authorized agent to replace your ticket and issue a new ticket to another person, subject to your meeting all the legal requirements.
You will need to provide valid identification documents showing your correct name, along with any additional documents as proof (if required), such as your marriage/divorce certificate or court decree, etc.
No, you cannot change the name on your Etihad ticket online or through the mobile app. However, you can do it by phone, at an Etihad sales office, or an airport ticket counter before checking in. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, then you must contact the agent directly.
The deadline for requesting a name change is up to 2 hours before departure, but you should try to get this done at least 24 hours before departure to be on the safe side.
No, you can only make one name change per ticket according to Etihad Airways name change policy.
No, once you have checked in for your flight, you cannot make a name change/correction.
The processing time for a name change generally takes a few minutes, depending on when and how you’re getting it done. It’s best to get this done as soon as possible instead of leaving it for the last day to avoid the chances of a last-minute rush at the airport counter.
As per the Etihad name correction policy minor spelling corrections of up to 3 alphabets are allowed without incurring any charges. However, significant changes or modifications are subject to a fee.
If there’s a spelling mistake in the name on your ticket, you must notify Etihad Airways immediately and have the mistake corrected. If it’s a minor error of up to 3 alphabets or a mistake in the salutation/title, you won’t be charged for it. In all other cases, you will have to pay a fee.
If you do not change the name on your ticket before travelling, you may face difficulties at the airport during check-in or when boarding your flight. Airlines have strict security measures in place, and mismatched names can raise red flags and lead to delays or even denied boarding. Also, if you need to make changes or modifications to your ticket after booking, such as rescheduling or canceling your flight, it can be more challenging without the correct name on the ticket.