Etihad Airways allows you to upgrade your flight to a higher class of service in several ways—with Etihad Guest Miles, by bidding for an upgrade or paying for an instant upgrade at the airport check-in counter. You can use an Etihad upgrade to upgrade only one class up—such as from Economy to Business or from Business to First, but not all the way up to First from Economy Class. While there’s no guarantee that an upgrade will be available on your flight, if your bid is successful, you will earn 10% bonus miles in addition to Etihad Guest miles at the base rate.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, an Etihad upgrade is a great way to enhance your in-flight experience and make your journey even more enjoyable for less. Here’s what you need to know about upgrading yourself on Etihad Airways.
- You can upgrade with Etihad Guest Miles online (via the Manage My Booking page under Manage), by phone, or by visiting an Etihad office in your city.
- When bidding foran upgrade, remember that:
- You can only bid on a confirmed ticket on an Etihad-operated flight.
- New bids must be submitted 6 hours before departure.
- The following tickets cannot be upgraded:
- Redemption tickets
- Free tickets
- Tickets already upgraded with cash or Etihad Guest Miles
- Multi-flyer tickets
- Group booking tickets
- Staff tickets
- If your bid is successful after submission, you’ll be informed.
- If your bid is accepted by Etihad:
- The airline will confirm your upgrade by email
- You’ll be charged the bid amount (non-refundable)
- Your upgraded boarding pass will be issued when you check in online or at the airport
- You can’t cancel or change your bid after it has been accepted or within 4 hours of your flight’s departure
- If your bid is unsuccessful, you won’t be charged and you don’t have to do anything.
- You can bid to upgrade to Business Class and for an Economy Neighbor-Free seat, in which case your upgrade bid will be considered first, and then your next bid will be considered.
- If you’re making an instant upgrade at the airport check-in counter:
- The fare conditions of your ticket will determine whether you’re eligible to upgrade.
- The upgrade will be subject to availability.
- You can pay for your Etihad upgrade by credit card, cash (only at select airports), or Etihad Guest Miles.
- You can use the airport lounge after you’ve been successfully upgraded.
- You will not be entitled to Etihad’s Chauffeur service.
- The Etihad Guest Miles will accrue basis your original ticket.
|Etihad Instant Upgrade. A last-minute upgrade at the airport check-in counter is known as an instant upgrade. Whether you can make an instant upgrade will depend on the fare conditions of your ticket (promo fares, etc., don’t qualify for upgrades). You can pay for an Etihad instant upgrade with miles, card, or cash (at select airports).|
Etihad Upgrade Options
Etihad offers several upgrade options for passengers looking to enhance their travel experience. The first upgrade option is a bid upgrade, which allows passengers to place a bid on an available seat in the next higher cabin class. This option is available up to 6 hours before departure and is subject to availability.
The second upgrade option is an instant upgrade, which allows passengers to pay the difference in fare between their current ticket and the upgraded ticket at check-in. This option is also subject to availability.
Finally, Etihad offers a miles upgrade option, which allows passengers to use their Etihad Guest Miles to purchase an upgrade with miles. This option requires that passengers have enough miles in their account and is also subject to seat availability in the upgraded cabin class.
Overall, Etihad’s upgrade options provide flexibility for passengers who want to enjoy a more comfortable and luxurious travel experience.
Tips on How to Make Your Etihad Upgrade Bid
- If you receive an email informing you that you’ve been outbid, it means that:
- Your flight is in Live Auction mode, and
- You can upgrade your bid in real-time by clicking on the Update Bid, in which case you will be apprised of your bid status via real-time notifications.
- If you’ve already checked in online, you can still participate in the bidding via Live Auction. If your bid is successful, your updated itinerary will be sent to you, you’ll be assigned a new seat, and your new boarding pass will be emailed to you (you can also download it through the airline’s app).
- If you’re in the Live Auction and you don’t wish to bid further, simply do nothing. You’ll be informed up to 4 hours before departure if your bid is successful.
- You can cancel your bid up to 4 hours before departure.
- If the Live Auction had ended and your bid is successful, you’ll be informed by email that you’ve been upgraded and your upgraded itinerary will be emailed to you.
- If you’re taking part in the Live Auction and you don’t have access to your email, you can view the real-time notifications onscreen on the Live Auction page. If you’re in the U.S., U.K., Australia, U.A.E., or Saudia Arabia, you can receive SMS notifications by submitting your mobile number to the airline.
- If you’re participating in the Live Auction, you cannot reduce your bid you can cancel it and submit a fresh bid.
- If you run into technical issues, seek assistance from Etihad’s Global Contact Centers, and be sure to provide your name, flight number, and travel date.
- If you don’t have access to emails, you’ll anyway be notified at check-in if your bid is successful.
- You can cancel your bid and submit a new offer after you receive a mail confirming that your bid was cancelled. You can submit a new bid via the link sent in the cancellation mail or the Manage Your Booking page, as long as you do it at least 6 hours before departure.
- If your Etihad upgrade bid is unsuccessful, you’ll be informed by email at least 4 hours before departure. You can travel with your original ticket and your card won’t be charged.
- If your Etihad upgrade bid is unsuccessful, you’re not allowed to make another bid.
- You’re only allowed to upgrade to the next cabin, meaning that if you’re travelling on a confirmed Economy Class ticket, you can only upgrade to the next higher cabin (Business Class) and not to First Class.
- If you’ve booked directly through Etihad Airways, you can split your booking for some of the passengers on your booking but not others by contacting one of Etihad’s Global Contact Centers. However, if you’ve booked your ticket through a third party, you must contact the ticket issuer directly and request them to split your booking. In all cases, you must place your request at least 6 hours before departure.
- If you couldn’t submit an upgrade offer, you can upgrade at check-in if seats are available.
- If you and your family are travelling on separate bookings and want your bids to be considered together, you’ll need to request firstname.lastname@example.org by email and request your bookings to be linked.
- The strength indicator on the offer page indicates the strength of your bid but does not guarantee that it will be successful.
- You’re allowed to bid a different amount for each eligible sector of your journey.
- You’re allowed to modify or cancel your bid after submitting it, as long as you do it before being informed that your bid is successful. To modify or cancel your bid, use the link on your confirmation mail.
- If your bid is successful and you want to change a part of your trip on the same ticket, you can do so through one of Etihad’s Contact Centers.
Tips on How to Pay for Your Etihad Airways Upgrade Bid
- If your bid is successful, the card used by you to place your bid will be charged—you won’t need to do anything.
- If your bid is successful, you may have to pay the airport departure tax in some countries, and the amount will be shown to you before you submit the bid.
- If want to change your card after placing a bid, you’ll have to cancel the current bid within the deadline period and resubmit a fresh bid with your new card. However, if your card authorization is rejected, an email will be sent to you with a link for entering your new card details.
- If your flight is cancelled, you will either be accommodated in the upgraded cabin or the full amount will be refunded within 10 days.
- All successful bids are non-refundable.
- If your bid is successful but you’re not provided a boarding pass for the upgraded travel class due to an oversold flight, a change of flight or a flight schedule, you will be issued a full refund after you send an email to email@example.com. If the reason for the downgrade is caused by you, no refund will be issued for the upgrade bid amount.
- If you’ve upgraded from a lower to a higher class, the amount paid by you for reserving the lower class ticket will not be refunded.
Etihad Guest Upgrade – How to Upgrade with Etihad Guest
Etihad Guest is a program offered by Etihad Airways that allows passengers to upgrade their flight using their accumulated Etihad Guest Miles. An Etihad Guest Upgrade provides you with an opportunity to enjoy the luxury of a higher cabin class without having to pay the full fare. The upgrade process is simple. You can log in to your Etihad Guest account and select the flight you want to upgrade.
If seats are available in the desired cabin class, you can use your miles to upgrade your ticket. Etihad Guest Upgrade is a great way for frequent flyers to get more value out of their miles and experience the premium services offered by Etihad Airways. If you’re looking for a way to make your next flight more comfortable and luxurious, consider using your Etihad Guest Miles to upgrade your seat.
Etihad Airways Seat Upgrade
Etihad Airways offers a variety of seat upgrade options for those looking to enhance their travel experience. Passengers can upgrade to a higher class of service, such as Business or First Class, for a more luxurious and comfortable journey. Etihad also offers the option to upgrade to a preferred seat with extra legroom or a better view. This can be done during check-in, subject to availability.
Additionally, Etihad has a bidding system called Upgrade Bid where passengers can bid for an upgrade to a higher class of service based on their budget and preference.
Etihad Seat Upgrade Bid. You can bid to upgrade your Etihad seat with miles or cash by bidding for a better seat. To start the process, click on the bid now link, and select an option that suits you:
- Bid to upgrade with Etihad Miles, or
- Bid to upgrade to Business or First with cash/card
Once you’ve submitted your bid, Etihad will review it and let you know if it has been accepted. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that your bid will be successful, as availability is limited and demand can be high. However, if your bid is accepted, you’ll be able to enjoy all the perks of a higher class of service, including more space, better food and drink options, and more personalized attention from the flight crew.
Etihad Upgrade By Miles
Etihad Upgrade By Miles allows frequent flyers to use their accumulated miles to upgrade their flight experience. This is a great way for frequent flyers (Etihad Guests) to enjoy the benefits of a higher class of service without having to pay by cash or credit card.
With Etihad Upgrade By Miles, you can enjoy access to premium lounges, extra legroom seats, enhanced dining options, and other luxury amenities. The process of upgrading is simple, allowing you to easily redeem your miles online or through the Etihad Airways app. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, an Etihad Upgrade By Miles is a great way to make your journey more comfortable and enjoyable.
- How many miles to upgrade on Etihad. To upgrade your Etihad flight, the number of miles required will depend on a variety of factors, including what type of ticket you’ve purchased, your route, the type of upgrade, and how and where you’re upgrading (with miles or credit card/cash, through bidding, online, or at the airport). To know exactly how many miles you’ll need to upgrade to Business or First Class, use Etihad’s online Miles Calculator.
- Etihad’s Guest upgrade calculator, known as Miles Calculator, is an online tool that allows members of the Etihad Guest loyalty program to determine how many miles they need to upgrade their flight to a higher class, as well as how many miles they will earn on their next flight. This innovative tool takes into account various factors such as the route, cabin class, and fare type, and then calculates the number of miles required for an upgrade. By using this calculator, you can make informed decisions about upgrading your flight while maximizing the value of your rewards.
- How many Etihad miles to upgrade from Economy to Business. To know exactly how many Etihad miles you need to upgrade from Economy to Business Class, refer to the Miles Calculator.
- How to upgrade an Etihad flight to Business Class. If you’re looking to upgrade your Etihad flight to Business Class, there are a few options available to you. If you don’t have enough miles, the easiest way is to simply purchase an upgrade at the airport check-in counter. However, this option can be expensive and may not always be available. Another (often cheaper) option is to bid on an upgrade through Etihad’s bidding system, which allows passengers with Economy tickets to bid for available Business Class seats. Finally, if you’re a frequent flyer with Etihad or a member of their loyalty program, you may be able to use your miles or points to upgrade your flight. It’s important to note that availability for upgrades is limited and not guaranteed, so it’s best to inquire early and plan ahead if you’re looking to enjoy the luxuries of Business Class on your next Etihad flight.
- How to upgrade with Miles on Etihad Airways. If you’re looking to upgrade your flight with Miles on Etihad Airways, you’ll need to ensure that you have enough Etihad Guest Miles in your account to cover the cost of the upgrade. Once you’ve confirmed this, simply log in to your Etihad Guest account and select the flight you’d like to upgrade. If an upgrade is available, you’ll be given the option to pay for it using your Etihad Guest Miles.
Alternatively, you can contact Etihad Airways customer service to request an upgrade over the phone or at the airport check-in counter. It’s worth noting that upgrades are subject to availability and that certain fare types (heavily discounted/promo/staff, etc.) are not eligible for upgrades.
Etihad Upgrade Eligibility
The fare conditions of your ticket will determine whether you’re eligible to upgrade with Etihad Guest Miles, cash (select airports only), or a credit card. An important point to remember is that special deal fares don’t qualify for upgrades, so if you’re hoping to upgrade, avoid redemption tickets, free tickets, multi-flyer tickets, group tickets, and staff tickets.
If you’re eligible to upgrade, you have several options to upgrade—with Etihad Guest miles, by card/cash, or at check-in. To be eligible for an upgrade using Etihad Guest miles, you must have enough miles in your account and meet certain fare conditions.
These conditions typically require you to book a full-fare ticket that does not include any of the fares mentioned above. Also, the costlier your fare type, the cheaper will be upgrade cost.
You can also pay for upgrades at check-in, subject to availability. In general, passengers with elite status or higher fare classes are more likely to be eligible for upgrades. However, upgrade eligibility can vary based on factors such as route, time of travel, and demand. It is always best to check directly with Etihad Airways for current upgrade options and eligibility criteria.
Etihad Premium Economy Upgrade (Economy Space)
If you’re looking to upgrade to Premium Economy (Economy Space) on an Etihad flight, there are a few options available. The first is to check if there are any available upgrades at the time of check-in. If there are, you can often purchase the upgrade for a fee.
Another option is to bid for an upgrade through Etihad’s bidding system, which allows you to bid on available Premium Economy (Economy Space) seats. Lastly, if you have Etihad Guest miles or American Express Membership Rewards points, you may be able to use them to upgrade your seat. To do this, simply log in to your account and follow the steps to redeem your points or miles for an upgrade. Alternatively, you can upgrade at the airport check-in counter if any seats are available.
Keep in mind that availability for all of these options may vary depending on your specific flight and route, so it’s always best to check with Etihad directly for more information on upgrading to Premium Economy.
Frequently Asked Questions on Etihad Upgrade
The FAQs section on Etihad Upgrade answers to some of the most common questions about upgrading your flight with Etihad Airways. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or a first-time traveller, upgrading your flight can be an exciting but confusing process. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of questions and answers to help make the upgrade process as smooth and simple as possible.
It is almost impossible to determine how much to bid for an Etihad upgrade, as the process is based on a dynamic bidding system and varies depending on factors such as seat availability and demand. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when placing your bid.
First, consider the value of the upgrade to you: how much are you willing to pay for a more comfortable flight experience. Second, take into account the current market price for the class of service you’re interested in upgrading to. Finally, consider the competition: how many other passengers are bidding for the same upgrade and what is their maximum bid?
By keeping these factors in mind and placing a strategic bid, you may increase your chances of securing an Etihad upgrade at a reasonable price.
Upgrading with an Etihad Guest Card is a relatively easy process that can be done by logging into your account on the Etihad website, selecting the Upgrade option, and following the prompts to pay with your Etihad Guest Card.
After you’ve acquired and activated your Etihad Guest Card, you’ll need to load it with money from a UAE bank through Walletplus (a prepaid card), and follow the prompts outlined on the website to request an upgrade and pay with the Etihad Guest Card. The process is quick and simple, and once your upgrade is approved, you’ll be able to enjoy all the additional benefits and rewards that come with your new membership status.
Once you purchase, Walletplus will recognize the currency of payment and automatically collect the money from the currency wallet. If your currency is not Walletplus-supported, you can still make purchases and withdraw cash in the desired currency from ATMs. The money will be taken out of your Dirham wallet and the conversion rate and fee will automatically apply.
If you’re looking to upgrade your Etihad flight, there are a few options available to you. The first thing to do is check your eligibility for an upgrade by contacting Etihad’s customer service team or checking your booking online. If you’re eligible, you can either use your Etihad Guest Miles to pay for an upgrade or bid for an upgrade using the airline’s Upgrade Bid system. This allows you to place a bid for an upgrade on a specific flight, and if successful, you’ll be notified by email at least 4 hours before departure.
Alternatively, you can also try asking at the airport check-in counter if there are any available upgrades. Keep in mind that availability may be limited and upgrades are not guaranteed, but it never hurts to ask. Whatever method you choose, upgrading your Etihad flight is sure to enhance your travel experience and make your journey more comfortable and enjoyable.
Etihad Airways may offer a free upgrade to Business Class to select frequent flyers who are flying on Economy Class, but the chances are next to nil. In extremely rare cases you may be given a complimentary upgrade to Business Class, such as if your flight has been overly delayed, you experienced issues, or you’re a very valuable customer.
The cost to upgrade to Business Class on Etihad Airways varies depending on the route/distance, travel date, and availability. If you’re upgrading with Etihad miles, use Etihad Airways Miles Calculator to determine exactly how many miles you will need to upgrade to Business Class. If you don’t have enough Etihad Guest miles, you can purchase up to 100,000 miles in a single calendar year at 2 cents per mile (Platinum level members can purchase up to 150,000 miles in a single year).
If you’re upgrading with cash or by card, it is best to check with the airline directly or use their online booking system to determine the exact cost of upgrading. Etihad Airways offers a range of upgrade options, including bidding for an upgrade through their online auction system or using miles to upgrade through their frequent flyer program.
Free upgrades are not guaranteed and ultimately depend on various factors such as seat availability and the airline’s policies at the time of booking. In most cases, Etihad Airways will not offer free upgrades. However, free upgrades may be offered to very loyal customers who are members of the frequent flyer program, Etihad Guest.
The following tips may increase your chances of getting a free upgrade.
• Consider joining the airline’s loyalty program, Etihad Guest. Members of the program may receive priority when it comes to upgrades and other perks.
• Dress well and be polite to the check-in staff as they may have some discretion over who gets upgraded. It’s also worth checking in early as last-minute upgrades are sometimes available.
• Consider booking your flight during off-peak times or choosing a less popular destination as this may increase your chances of being offered an upgrade due to lower demand for seats.
An Etihad Airways upgrade to Business Class is a great way to enhance your travel experience, whether you’re flying for business or pleasure. There are several ways to do. One option is to use your Etihad Guest Miles to purchase an upgrade. Another option is to bid for an upgrade through the airline’s Upgrade Bid system, which allows passengers to bid for available seats in Business Class. Finally, if you’re a member of the airline’s loyalty program or have elite status with another airline, you may be eligible for a complimentary upgrade based on availability.
Etihad instant airport upgrade is a service provided by Etihad Airways that allows passengers to upgrade their seats at the airport just before departure. This service is available for both Economy and Business Class passengers, and it provides an opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a higher class of travel without having to pay the full price of a premium ticket. The upgrade is subject to availability, and passengers can inquire about it at the check-in counter.
The cost of the upgrade varies depending on the destination, flight time, and other factors.
Etihad’s last-minute upgrade is a service offered to passengers who are looking to upgrade their seats on flights. This service allows you to purchase an upgrade to the next travel class for an additional fee. To use this service, you should inquire at the check-in counter before boarding. If there are any seats available in the next class of travel and you meet all eligibility requirements, you can be upgraded for a fee.
The cost of the upgrade will depend on the destination, flight duration, fare type, and availability of seats.
If you are looking to upgrade your Etihad flight to First Class, there are a few different options available to you, subject to availability. One way is to use your Etihad Guest Miles to upgrade your Business Class ticket. You can do this online by logging into your account on Etihad’s website and selecting the Upgrade option. Alternatively, you can bid for it if the airline offers this option, or contact the Etihad call center or visit an Etihad office in person to upgrade your ticket.
Keep in mind that upgrades are subject to availability and fees may apply depending on the fare type of your original Business Class booking.