In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Qatar Airways has modified its flight change policy. The revised Qatar Airways flight change policy applies to all tickets purchased till August 31, 2021 for travel up to May 31, 2022.
The revised policy gives you a lot more flexibility to suit your plans—without having to pay any penalty. You can now hold on to your ticket and travel later, make unlimited changes to your ticket for free, and convert your ticket into a voucher with 10% bonus.
Under the new flight change policy, you can:
- Hold on to your ticket and use it during its extended validity.
Your Qatar Airways ticket is now valid for 2 years from its date of issue. This means you can keep your ticket open for longer and use it for its full value within its extended validity period.
- Make unlimited changes to your ticket.
You can change your date of travel and destination in the same cabin class free of charge—and as often as required.
- Only the fare and tax/fee/surcharge differences (if any) will apply.
- You must complete your travel within the extended validity period of the ticket.
- You can make the changes online (if you booked directly with Qatar Airways), you or by phone in all cases.
- Claim a voucher with 10% more value.
If you booked your ticket directly with Qatar Airways, you can convert the unutilized value of your ticket into a travel voucher with 10% more value, and use it for future travel. To exchange your ticket with a voucher, click here or call Qatar.
Qatar Airways Flight Change Fees
According to Qatar Airways flight change policy, if you’re changing your flight outside of the waiver period, you will be charged a flight change fee depending on your travel class and fare type. The online change fee typically ranges from USD 66 – 170. However, you make changes to your ticket through Qatar Airways ticket office, call center, or at an airport desk, you will also be additionally charged a non-refundable service fee of USD 25.
Change fee waiver. You’re allowed to make unlimited changes to your flight ticket for free if you booked your flight ticket anytime up to August 31, 2021, and your travel date is on/before May 31, 2022.
Qatar Airways Flight Change Rules
The following flight change rules will apply to all tickets issued up to August 31, 2021 for travel up to May 31, 2022:
- You must complete your travel by May 31, 2022, to enjoy a rebooking fee waiver. Changes to dates and routes must be made before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
- You must rebook on the same fare class as your original ticket to not pay extra.
- Same-day date changes are not allowed.
- If you’re changing your route, you must pay the fare difference, along with any tax, fee, or surcharge differences that apply.
- Tickets booked directly with Qatar Airways can be changed online or by phone through a Qatar Airways contact center.
- Tickets booked through third parties can only be cancelled through them.
- If you’re flying to Australia, you must make the changes at least 3 days before your travel date.
- Name changes are not permitted.
Qatar Airways Flight Change Policy for Privilege Club Members
According to Qatar Airways flight change policy for Privilege Club members, the change fee will depend on your membership status.
- If you change an award ticket at least 24 hours before departure:
- If you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- If you’re a Silver or Burgundy member, or travelling on the same booking as a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 25 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket 3 – 24 hours before departure:
- If you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- If you’re a Silver or Burgundy member, or travelling on the same booking as a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 100 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket within 3 hours of departure (or after departure), it will be treated as a no-show and:
- Your Qmiles and cash payment (if any) will be forfeited.
- Only government and airport taxes will be refunded.
How to Know if Your Qatar Airways Ticket is Refundable
To check whether your Qatar Airways’ ticket can be refunded, read the fare details on your ticket, ask a Qatar Airways call center by phone, or ask your travel agent if you booked through them.
Flight Rebooking Options
Under Qatar Airways revised flight change policy, if your flight ticket was issued through August 31, 2021 with a travel date of up to May 31, 2022, you can:
- Change your date of travel and/or destination in the same cabin class free of charge (the fare/fee/surcharge/tax difference, if any, will apply).
- Change and rebook as often as required without any penalty.
The original value of your ticket will be credited toward the purchase of your new ticket. If you exchange your ticket with a voucher, an additional 10% of your basic fare (excluding taxes, surcharges, etc.) will be credited to your account. However, you must utilize your new ticket by May 31, 2022.
How Do I Change My Flight on Qatar Airways?
You can change your flight on Qatar Airways by phone or online. If you purchased your ticket directly from Qatar Airways, you can change your flight online through the Manage booking link or My Trips (on the homepage), as explained in the section below.
How to Change Your Qatar Airways Flight Booking Online
If you booked directly through Qatar Airways’ website, mobile app, ticket counter, or call center, you can change your travel date, time, and/or destination online through Manage booking as explained below.
- Click on Manage booking
or My Trips on the homepage
- Enter the following details to retrieve your booking:
- Your booking reference (PNR) or E-ticket number
- Your last name
- Click on the Find booking button
- Click on the Modify flights button
(If the Modify flights option doesn’t appear, your ticket cannot be changed online—you will need to contact the nearest Qatar Airways office).
- Follow the prompts to select your new flight and pay the fare difference (if any)
You can also change your Qatar Airways flight booking with the mobile app.
How to Change Your Qatar Airways Flight Booking by Phone
Qatar Airways change flight contact numbers
You can change your Qatar Airways flight booking by calling a local office in your area at one of the numbers below. Remember, you must have your travel detail ready, such as your booking reference or E-ticket number, passport information, etc.
- Qatar +974 4023 0000 (24/7)
- United States +1-844-903-1897 (24/7, toll-free)
+ 1 312 392 3679 (24/7)
- Canada +1-844-903-1897 (24/7, toll-free)
+1-888-366-5666 (Mon – Fri: 9am – 6pm, EST)
- United Kingdom +44 330 024 0125
(Mon – Sat: 9am – 6pm; Sun: 9am – 3pm)
- Ireland +353 1 526 6489
(Mon – Sat: 9am – 6pm; Sun 9am – 5pm)
- UAE 8000 4413 519 (24/7)
- Oman +968 2252 5500 (24/7)
- Singapore +974 40230000 (24/7)
- Australia +61 291654313; 1 300340600 (24/7)
- New Zealand +64 (09) 913-5279 (24/7)
- Brazil +55 1147008673 (Mon – Fri: 10am – 6:30pm)
- France +33 186995684 (Mon – Sun: 9am – 6pm)
- Germany +49 69 260 904 400 (Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm)
- Saudi Arabia 8008 4408 86 (STC), 8008 5001 17 (24/7)
- South Africa +27 11 267 7700 (24/7)
- Sweden +46 8 4020080 (Mon – Sun: 6am – 4:30pm)
- Switzerland +41 442043820 (Mon – Fri: 8am – 5pm)
- India +91 95129 72827/79 61556000 (24/7)
International: +974 4023 0000 (24/7)
- Indonesia +62 21 2358 0622 (24/7, Sat – Sun Closed)
+974 4023 0000 (24×7)
- Denmark +45 38 124 124 (Mon – Fri 08:00 – 18:00)
- Kuwait +965 2290 1777 (Sun – Thurs, 9am – 6pm)
- Malaysia +603 7890 5000 (24/7)
- Social Media