In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Qatar Airways has modified its flight change policy. It has extended the validity of its guaranteed flexibility policy for all tickets issued on/after March 1, 2019 with a travel completion date by September 30, 2022.
The revised policy gives you a lot more flexibility to suit your plans—without having to pay any penalty. You can now hold on to your ticket and travel later, make unlimited changes to your ticket for free, and convert your ticket into a voucher with 10% bonus.
Under Qatar’s new change flight policy, you can:
- Hold on to your ticket and use it during its extended validity.
Your Qatar Airways ticket is now valid for 2 years from its date of issue. This means you can keep your ticket open for longer and use it for its full value within its extended validity period, as long as you complete your travel by September 30, 2022.
- Make unlimited changes to your ticket.
You can change your date of travel and destination in the same cabin class free of charge—and as often as required.
- Only the fare and tax/fee/surcharge differences (if any) will apply.
- You must complete your travel within the extended validity period of the ticket, but no later than September 30, 2022.
You can make the changes online (if you booked directly with Qatar Airways), or by phone (+1-866-399-0587) in all cases.
- Claim a voucher with 10% more value.
If you booked your ticket directly with Qatar Airways, you can convert the unutilized value of your ticket into a travel voucher with 10% more value, and use it for future travel. To exchange your ticket with a voucher, click here or call Qatar.
Qatar Airways Flight Change Fees for Tickets
What is the change flight fee at Qatar Airways?
According to Qatar Airways flight change policy, if you’re changing your flight outside of the waiver period, you will be charged a flight change fee depending on your travel class and fare type. The online change fee typically ranges from USD 66 – 170 per passenger. However, if you make changes to your ticket through Qatar Airways ticket office, call center, or at an airport desk, you will also be charged a non-refundable service fee starting USD 25.
Change fee waiver. You’re allowed to make unlimited changes to your flight ticket for free if you booked your flight ticket with a travel completion date by September 30, 2022.
Flights to/from the U.S. You can hold any flight booking to/from the United States for 24 hours without payment. After you pay and your ticket is issued, the standard fare rules will apply.
Qatar Airways Change Flight Rules
The following flight change rules will apply to all Qatar Airways tickets:
- You must complete your travel by September 30, 2022, to enjoy a rebooking and service fee waiver.
Tip. Changes to ticket dates and routes must be made at least 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- You must rebook on the same ticketed fare class as your original ticket to avoid paying more.
- You must pay the difference in fares, taxes, and surcharges.
- Tickets booked directly with Qatar Airways can be changed online or by phone through a Qatar Airways contact center.
- Tickets booked through third parties can only be changed or cancelled through them.
- If you’re flying to Australia, you must make the changes at least 3 days before your travel date.
- Name changes are not permitted.
Qatar Airways Change Flight Policy for Privilege Club Members
According to Qatar Airways flight change policy for Privilege Club members, the change fee will depend on your membership status.
- If you change an award ticket at least 24 hours before departure:
- And you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- And you’re a Silver or Burgundy member, or travelling as a guest of a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 25 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket 3 – 24 hours before departure:
- And you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- And you’re a Silver or Burgundy member, or travelling as a guest of a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 100 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket within 3 hours of departure (or after departure), it will be treated as a no-show and:
- Your Qmiles/Avios and cash payment (if any) will be forfeited.
- Only government and airport taxes will be refunded.
How to Know if Your Qatar Airways Ticket is Refundable
To check whether your Qatar Airways’ ticket qualifies for a refund, read the fare details on your ticket, ask a Qatar Airways call center by phone, or ask your travel agent if you booked through them.
Flight Rebooking Options
Under Qatar Airways revised official flight change policy, if your flight ticket was issued on/after March 1, 2019, and has a travel completion date by September 30, 2022, you can:
- Change your ticket’s date of travel and/or destination in the same cabin class free of charge (only the difference in fare/fee/surcharge/tax, if any, will apply).
- Change and rebook as often as required without any penalty.
The original value of your ticket will be credited toward the purchase of your new ticket. If you exchange your ticket with a voucher, an additional 10% of your basic fare (excluding taxes, surcharges, etc.) will be credited to your account. However, you must utilize your new ticket by September 30, 2022.
How Do I Change My Flight on Qatar Airways?
You can change your flight on Qatar Airways by phone (1-866-399-0587) or online. If you purchased your ticket directly from Qatar Airways, you can change your flight online through the Manage booking link or My Trips (via the online services page), as explained in the section below.
How to Change Your Qatar Airways Flight Booking Online
How to change Qatar Airways flight date online (and/or time/destination)
If you booked directly through Qatar Airways’ website, mobile app, ticket counter, or call center, you can change your travel date, time, and/or destination online through Manage booking as explained below.
- Your booking reference (PNR) or E-ticket number
- Your last name
- Click on the Find booking button
- Click on the Modify flights button
(If the Modify flights option doesn’t appear, your ticket cannot be changed online—you will need to contact the nearest Qatar Airways office).
- Follow the prompts to select your new flight and pay the fare difference (if any)
You can also change your Qatar Airways flight booking with the mobile app.
How to Change Your Qatar Airways Flight Booking by Phone
Qatar Airways change flight contact numbers
You can change your Qatar Airways flight booking by calling a local office in your area at one of the numbers below. Remember, you must have your travel detail ready, such as your booking reference or E-ticket number, passport information, etc.
- Qatar +974 4023 0000 (24/7)
- United States +1-866-399-0587 (24/7, toll-free)
+ 1 312 392 3679 (24/7)
- Canada +1-866-399-0587 (24/7, toll-free)
+1-888-366-5666 (Mon – Fri: 9am – 6pm, EST)
- United Kingdom +44 330 024 0125
(Mon – Sat: 9am – 6pm; Sun: 9am – 3pm)
- Ireland +353 1 526 6489
(Mon – Sat: 9am – 6pm; Sun 9am – 5pm)
- UAE 8000 4413 519 (24/7)
- Oman +968 2252 5500 (24/7)
- Singapore +974 40230000 (24/7)
- Australia +61 291654313; 1 300340600 (24/7)
- New Zealand +64 (09) 913-5279 (24/7)
- Brazil +55 1147008673 (Mon – Fri: 10am – 6:30pm)
- France +33 186995684 (Mon – Sun: 9am – 6pm)
- Germany +49 69 260 904 400 (Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm)
- Saudi Arabia 8008 4408 86 (STC), 8008 5001 17 (24/7)
- South Africa +27 11 267 7700 (24/7)
- Sweden +46 8 4020080 (Mon – Sun: 6am – 4:30pm)
- Switzerland +41 442043820 (Mon – Fri: 8am – 5pm)
- India +91 95129 72827/79 61556000 (24/7)
International: +974 4023 0000 (24/7)
- Indonesia +62 21 2358 0622 (24/7, Sat – Sun Closed)
+974 4023 0000 (24×7)
- Denmark +45 38 124 124 (Mon – Fri 08:00 – 18:00)
- Kuwait +965 2290 1777 (Sun – Thurs, 9am – 6pm)
- Malaysia +603 7890 5000 (24/7)
- Social Media