Qatar Airways change flight policy offers flexible and convenient options to passengers. You can make changes to your flight booking, including the date and time of travel, departure and arrival destinations, and even cabin class, through the airline’s website, mobile app, and other means.
The flight change policy applies to bookings made on all fare types, and the airline offers a fee waiver for a one-time change on most of its fares except Lite. In case of any fare difference, you can either pay the difference or use your refund voucher toward a new booking.
Major Highlights of Qatar Airways Flight Change Policy
An overview of Qatar Airways change flight policy is provided below.
- If Qatar Airways delays or cancels your flight, is unable to provide space on a confirmed ticket, fails to stop at your stopover or destination, or causes you to miss a connecting flight on which your hold a confirmed booking, you have the option to:
- Travel on another of Qatar Airways scheduled services at no additional charge, or
- Travel on another carrier to your destination at no additional charge, or
- Travel to your destination by surface transportation at no additional charge
Note. If the alternative mode of transport is costlier and the service charges are higher, you won’t be charged for it and if the charges are lower, you will be refunded the balance.
- If Qatar Airways changes flights due to a Schedule Change (i.e., a planned cancellation or flight change more than 1 day before departure of the first affected flight), you have the option to:
- Get rebooked on an alternative flight convenient to you at no additional cost, or
- Request a full refund of the unutilized value of your ticket to your original form of payment
- Qatar Airways allows date and/or route changes on flights to/from the Americas and flights originating in Africa as follows:
- Qatar Airways Change Flight policy for Economy Class fares
- Economy Lite fares (W) can be modified for a fee
- Economy Classic fares (O, T, Q, N) can be modified once for free
- Economy Convenience fares (S, V, L, M, K) can be modified up to 2 times for free
- Economy Comfort fares (H, B, Y) can be modified for free
- Qatar Airways Flight Change policy for Business Class fares
- Business Lite fares (P) can be modified for a fee
- Business Classic fares (R) can be modified once for free
- Business Comfort fares (I, D) can be modified up to 2 times for free
- Business Elite fares (C, J) can also be modified for free
- Qatar Airways Change Flight policy for First Class fares (Elite)
- First Class/Elite fares (A, F) can be modified free of charge
- Qatar Airways Change Flight policy for Economy Class fares
- If after checking in you inform Qatar Airways 2 – 3 hours before departure that you wish to be offloaded from your flight and this does not result in a flight delay or inconvenience other passengers, you may be allowed to make changes to your ticket. You will be charged the higher of the two: USD 150 or the no-show fee applicable to your type.
- If a medical condition prevents you from travelling, you can change your flight (i.e., postpone it) without penalty until you’re ready to travel again. You will be required to present a valid copy of a medical certificate from a certified doctor.
- In case of the death of a close relative, you can postpone your flight without penalty by up to 45 days from the date of death, provided you present a valid copy of the death certificate.
- If you want to make changes to your flight due to Force Majeure conditions, you must inform Qatar Airways at the earliest so that you can be transported to your destination on the same fare later.
- When changing flights voluntarily, you must pay the difference between the old and the new fares in addition to the flight change fee (if any).
Qatar Airways International Change Flight Date Fees
Qatar Airways international change flight date charges for Economy Lite fares typically range from USD 100 – 125 per passenger if you’re making the changes online, depending on your route. However, if you make changes to your flight ticket via one of Qatar Airways ticketing offices, call centers, or airport counters, you will be additionally charged a service fee (non-refundable) starting from USD 25.
Remember, flight changes are complimentary for the following fares:
- Economy Class
- Classic fares (O, T, Q, N)
- Convenience fares (S, V, L, M, K)
- Comfort fares (H, B, Y)
- Business Class
- Classic fares (R)
- Comfort fares (I, D)
- Elite fares (C, J)
- First Class(Elite)
- Elite fares (A, F)
Note. You can hold any flight booking to/from the United States for 24 hours without payment. After you pay and your ticket is issued, the standard fare rules will apply.
Qatar Airways Change Flight Rules
The following flight change rules will apply to all Qatar Airways tickets:
- Changes to ticket dates and routes must be made at least 3 hours before scheduled departure.
- You must rebook on the same ticketed fare class as your original ticket to avoid paying more.
- In all cases, you must pay the difference in fares, taxes, and surcharges.
- If you purchase a ticket directly from Qatar Airways, you can change it online or by phone.
- Tickets booked through third parties can only be changed (or cancelled) through them.
- If you’re flying to Australia, you must make the changes at least 3 days before your travel date.
- Name changes are not permitted but minor name corrections are allowed.
Qatar Airways Change Flight Policy for Privilege Club Members
According to Qatar Airways flight change policy for Privilege Club members, the change fee will depend on your membership status.
- If you change an award ticket at least 24 hours before departure:
- And you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- And you’re a Silver or Burgundy member or you’re travelling as a guest of a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 25 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket 3 – 24 hours before departure:
- And you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- And you’re a Silver or Burgundy member or you’re travelling as a guest of a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 100 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket within 3 hours of departure (or after departure), it will be treated as a no-show and:
- Your Qmiles/Avios and cash payment (if any) will be forfeited.
- Only government and airport taxes will be refunded.
The Free Flight Rebooking Options Are Now Over
The relaxations provided under Qatar Airways change flight policy for COVID are now over. These relaxations applied to flight tickets issued on/after March 1, 2019, with a travel completion date of September 30, 2022. Under the relaxations, you could:
- Change the travel date and/or destination for free as long as it was in the same cabin class and you paid the difference in fares/fees/surcharges/taxes.
- Make changes to and rebook your flight as often as you wanted (without penalty).
How Do I Change My Flight on Qatar Airways?
You can change your flight on Qatar Airways by phone or online. If you book your ticket from Qatar Airways directly, you can make changes to your flight online through the Manage booking link or My Trips (via the online services page), as explained in the section below.
How to change Qatar Airways Flight Date Online (and/or time/destination)
If you book your ticket online from the Qatar Airways website, smartphone app, call center or ticket counter, you can change your travel date, time, and/or destination online through Manage booking as explained below.
- Click on Manage booking
or My Trips
- Enter the following details to retrieve your booking:
- Your booking reference (PNR) or E-ticket number
- Your last name
- Click on the Find booking button
- Click on the Modify flights button
(If the Modify flights option doesn’t appear, your ticket cannot be changed online—you will need to contact the nearest Qatar Airways office).
- Follow the prompts to select your new flight and pay the fare difference (if any)
You can also change your Qatar Airways flight booking with the mobile app.
How to Change Qatar Airways Flight Date by Phone
You can change your Qatar Airways flight booking by calling a local office in your area at one of the numbers below. Remember, you must have your travel detail ready, such as your booking reference or E-ticket number, passport information, etc.
- United States +1 312 392 3679 (24/7)
- Canada +1-888-366-5666 (Weekdays: 9am – 6pm, EST)
- Qatar +974 4023 0000 (open 24/7)
For contact details of offices in other countries, refer to Qatar Airways Customer Service Contact Details on the Qatar Airway Booking page.
Frequently Asked Questions on Qatar Airways Change Flight Policy
The FAQs section below answers some of the frequently asked questions about Qatar Airways flight change policy to help make flight changes as smooth and stress-free as possible. Whether you’re looking to reschedule your travel dates or make other adjustments to your itinerary, the section below is a valuable resource for understanding the rules and regulations of Qatar Airways flight change policy.
The Qatar Airways change flight policy for passenger illness allows you to postpone your flight without penalty and travel later after you recover. However, you’ll be required to present a copy of your medical certificate as evidence.
The Qatar Airways flight change policy in case of the bereavement of a passenger’s close relative allows the passenger to postpone her/his flight without penalty for up to 45 days from the date of death. To avoid penalty, the passenger must present a copy of the death certificate as proof.
Yes, you can—through your source of purchase, as long as you do it at least 3 hours before departure.
Yes, you can change your flight date and/or time on Qatar Airways a minimum of 3 hours before departure. If you’re holding a Lite fare (Economy or Business), you will be charged for it. For other fare types, a one-time change is complimentary (in some cases 2 changes). You will, however, have to pay the difference in fares if the price of the new fare has increased.
The cost of changing flight dates on Qatar Airways for Economy Lite fares generally ranges from USD 100 – 125/passenger if you’re changing dates online, in addition to any difference between the old and the new fare. If you’re making changes by phone or other means, such as through a ticketing office, call center, or airport counter, you will have to additionally pay a service fee starting from USD 25.
Remember, changing flight dates is free for:
Economy Classic, Convenience, and Comfort fares
Business Classic, Comfort, and Elite fares
First Class (Elite) fares
However, you must pay the fare difference (if any) between the old and the new fares.
The cost to change flights with Qatar ranges from USD 100 – 125/passenger for Economy Lite fares (online). You will not be charged for making changes to higher (non-Lite) fares. However, in all cases, you must rebook your ticket at the current prices, which means you must pay the difference between the old and the prevailing fare.
Also, flight changes by phone, or through a ticketing office, call center, or airport counter, will additionally attract a service fee of at least USD 25.
You can change your Qatar Airways flight by phone or online. If you booked your ticket directly through the airline, you can make changes to your ticket online either through Qatar Airways Manage booking link or My Trips.
If you booked your ticket from a third party, you will have to contact them directly to process the changes.
If you change flight dates on Qatar Airways, it can typically cost you USD 100 – 125 (online for an Economy Lite fare. Non-Lite fares can be changed for free. However, in all cases, you will have to rebook your new ticket at the current price. This means if the current price of your ticket is higher than the price at which you purchased your original ticket, you will have to pay the balance.
Yes, you can change flights on Qatar Airways by phone or online via Manage booking or My Trips for direct purchases through Qatar Airways. However, for tickets purchased from third parties, you’ll need to contact them directly to modify your ticket.
The flight change fee at Qatar Airways for Economy Lite fares is typically USD 100 – 125 (if made online), depending on your route and the fare conditions of your ticket. For other fares (excluding Economy/Business Lite), a one-time change of date and/or time is complimentary (more in some cases), but you must pay the fare difference if the price of the new fare has increased meanwhile.
You can change your flight on Qatar Airways by phone or online from the Manage booking or My Trips links for direct purchases made through Qatar Airways. If you booked your ticket through a travel agent or online website, you must contact them directly.
You can change a flight on Qatar Airways through a call center or online, or at a sales office or the airport ticket counter. If you purchase your ticket directly from the airline, you can change your flight online using the Manage booking link or My Trips.
Qatar Airways flight date change fee for Economy Lite fares is typically USD 100 – 125 (online). Other fare types allow a free one-time change of date and/or time (in some cases more). However, you will have to pay the difference in fares if your new ticket is costlier.
Yes, you can change your flight time on Qatar Airways free of charge for all fare types except Economy and Business Lite. However, if the price of your new ticket is higher, you must pay the fare difference.
Yes, as per the Qatar Airways reschedule policy you can change your return flight date.
The Qatar Airways change flight policy if Force Majeure conditions prevent you from travelling requires you to inform the airline at the earliest about your situation. This will enable QR to rebook you to your destination on the same fare (and price) later when normalcy returns.
The unaccompanied minor’s parent/legal adult guardian or the person who booked the unaccompanied minor’s ticket can make changes to it.