What is the Air Canada policy on changing flights?
Under the new Air Canada change flight policy, you can change your flight booking free of charge:
- If you make a change within 24 hours of booking, regardless of your fare type.
- If you’re travelling by July 5, 2023, on a ticket (except Basic) purchased on or before July 5, 2022.
- If you booked your ticket (other than Basic) on/after July 6, 2022—by converting it into an Air Canada Travel Voucher or Aeroplan points (with a 65% bonus) and travelling later.
- If you make changes to the following fares:
- Comfort Fares (60-plus days before departure).
- Latitude Fares (2-plus hours before departure).
- Premium Economy Flexible Fares (2-plus hours before departure).
- Business Class Flexible Fares (2-plus hours before departure).
- Award Fares 2-plus hours before departure (only Altitude Super Elite 100k members).
Air Canada Change Flight Tips
Points to remember when making changes to Air Canada flights
- To change an Air Canada ticket, contact your original booking source:
- If you booked directly through Air Canada or via Skyscanner, Google Flights, or Kayak, you can change your booking online via My bookings on AirCanada.com.
- If you booked through a travel agent (online or otherwise), you must contact them directly.
- If you booked through Aeroplan, Air Canada for Business, or Air Canada Vacations, contact them directly.
- If you purchased your ticket directly from Air Canada can:
- Either convert your ticket into an Air Canada Travel Voucher which is transferrable and has no expiry date)
- Or opt for Aeroplan points and receive a 65% bonus
- You can change your Air Canada flight booking up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
Air Canada Change Flight Within 24 Hours
All tickets can be cancelled within 24 hours of purchase
If you purchase a ticket (regardless of type) and want to make changes to it, you can cancel it free of charge within 24 hours and then rebook as desired.
However, if you want to make any changes to your ticket more than 24 hours after purchasing it, you will be charged for it (including fare differentials) depending on the fare conditions of your ticket.
Air Canada Change Fee by Fare Type
What is the change flight fee at Air Canada?
If you make changes to your air ticket date or time on Air Canada, the change fee will depend on your fare type and when you make the changes, as shown in the table below.
|Air Canada Fee for Flight Change|
|Type of Ticket||Change Fee|
|Standard||0–60 days USD 100 60+ days USD 25|
|Flex||0–60 days USD 50 60+ days USD 25|
|Comfort||0–60 days USD 25 60+ days USD 0|
|Premium Economy||USD 0|
|Award Ticket||USD 0–100/direction|
Air Canada Basic Economy Change Fee
What is the Air Canada flight change fee for Basic Economy tickets?
Air Canada does not permit flight changes for passengers holding Basic Economy tickets unless done within 24 hours of purchase, i.e., you must cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase and rebook as desired.
Air Canada Standard Economy Ticket Change Fee
What is the Air Canada flight change fee for Standard Economy tickets?
If you’re holding a Standard Economy ticket, you will be charged a flight change fee of USD 100 for flights departing within 60 days and USD 25 for flights departing after 61 days or more—unless you change within the 24-hour period. Remember, if you select a costlier fare, you will have to pay the fare difference.
Air Canada Flex Fares Change Fee
What is the Air Canada flight change fee for Flex tickets?
If you’re holding a Flex ticket, you will be charged a change fee of USD 50 for flights departing within 60 days and USD 25 for flights departing after 61 days or more—unless you change within the 24-hour period. As with other fares, if you select a costlier option, you must pay the price difference.
Air Canada Comfort Fares Change Fee
After the 24-hour window, Comfort fares will incur a change fee of USD 25 for flights departing within 60 days and USD 25 for flights departing after more than 60 days. If you’re choosing a costlier fare option, you will have to pay the difference in fare.
Air Canada Change Flight Fee for Latitude, Premium Economy, and Business Class Fares
What is the Air Canada ticket change fee for Latitude, Premium Economy, and Business Class tickets?
You can change fully flexible fares—such as Latitude, Premium Economy, and Business—free of charge. If you select a costlier option, you must pay the fare difference and if you select a cheaper option, the difference in fare will be refunded.
Air Canada Award Ticket Change Fee
What is the Air Canada flight change fee for Award tickets?
You can change an Award ticket up to 2 hours before your flight’s departure. But you will be charged a fee of USD 100 for all types of Award tickets. However, Aeroplan Diamond members will be charged a change fee of USD 75, and passengers holding an Altitude Super Elite 100k status can make the changes free of charge.
Air Canada Flight Change Fee—Same-Day
What is the Air Canada change flight policy for same-day changes?
The Air Canada change policy for same-day changes allows you to change to an earlier flight/later flight on the same day. The change fees for same-day changes are as follows:
- Basic Economy Fares Not permitted
- Standard Fares USD 150
USD 100 (between Toronto and LaGuardia, JFK, or Newark)
- Flex and Comfort Fares USD 75
USD 0 (between Toronto and LaGuardia, JFK, or Newark)
- Latitude, Premium Economy, Business USD 0
(only if Flexible)
- Award Tickets USD 100 for all tickets
USD 75 for Aeroplan Diamond members
USD 0 for Altitude Super Elite 100k members
How to Change Air Canada Flight Booking
You can change your Air Canada booking via AirCanada.com, through a ticket center, or on phone (+1-866-399-0587).
How to Change Reservation Online at Air Canada
You can change your booking only if you purchased your ticket directly from Air Canada.
The step-by-step directions are provided below:
- Go AirCanada.com
- Select My bookings
- Access your flight booking by entering your Booking Reference/Ticket Number and Last Name
- Hit Find and select the flight you want to change
- Change your flight by following the self-explanatory prompts
(fare difference must be paid)
A confirmatory mail (with your new ticket) will be sent to you.
If you have problems, call Air Canada at +1-866-399-0587.
Air Canada Phone Numbers to Change Flights
How to contact Air Canada?
- Flight Change Phone Number U.S.A. +1-866-399-0587
- Flight Change Phone Number Canada +1-866-399-0587
Air Canada Customer Service
You can contact Air Canada Customer Service by phone at 1-888-247-2262 (open 24/7) or online via this link.
Air Canada Complaints
To file a complaint with Air Canada:
- Call 1-888-247-2262 (open 24/7)
Contact Customer Support onlinevia this link