Cancelling a flight you were looking forward to can be a pain, especially because you may have to pay extra for doing so. If you find yourself in a situation that calls for cancelling your booking with Allegiant, it pays to understand the Allegiant flight cancellation policy so that you can save yourself time and money.
Allegiant Cancellation Policy Due to COVID-19
Allegiant’s cancellation policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic is as follows:
- Non-Trip Flex Tickets
- If you purchased your ticket (without Trip Flex travel protection) before 11.59pm on April 30, you’re allowed to cancel your booking without penalty. After you cancel your ticket, you’ll receive an Allegiant Credit Voucher worth the value of the ticket for future travel—but you won’t get a refund.
- If you purchased your ticket (without Trip Flex travel protection) after 12:00am on May 1, you’ll be allowed to cancel your flight for a temporarily reduced fee of USD 25/passenger/segment. After cancelling your ticket, you’ll receive an Allegiant Credit Voucher—but not a refund.
- Trip Flex Tickets
- No cancellation fees will apply to any flight ticket that includes the Trip Flex travel protection.
- You can use your Trip Flex to cancel your ticket only once.
- If you cancel within 24 hours by phone through Customer Care, you will be issued a refund. However, if you cancel online, you will be issued an Allegiant Credit voucher.
- Allegiant Credit Vouchers issued before April 10, are valid for 1 year (365 days) from the original date of booking. Credit Vouchers issued after April 10, are valid for 2 years (730 days) from the original date of booking.
- All Credit Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- For other options, contact Allegiant’s Customer Care Center (+1-702-505-8888).
Allegiant Cancellation Policy—Tickets Purchased with Cash or Points
- Allegiant Air 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
You can cancel any flight booking within 24 hours and get a full refund—if you booked your flight at least 7 days before departure. Allegiant’s 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all types of tickets.
- Allegiant Cancellation Policy for Standard Tickets
If you cancel a standard (non-Trip Flex) ticket after 24 hours of purchasing it:
- You will be charged a reduced cancellation fee of USD 25 (normally USD 75) per passenger per segment till the COVID-19 relaxations last.
- You will be issued a non-refundable Allegiant Travel Credit minus the applicable cancellation fee for the balance amount due.
Note. If you no-show for a flight on a standard ticket or cancel within 7 days of departure, you will not be issued any travel credit.
- Allegiant Cancellation Policy with Trip Flex
The Allegiant Air cancellation policy with Trip Flex add-ons allows you to cancel any ticket within 24 hours of purchase without being charged a cancellation fee. After 24 hours, Trip Flex allows you to make a one-time change to your flight’s date and/or destination—up to 1 hour before departure—with zero cancellation fee (but within certain guidelines). You will be issued a non-refundable credit for future travel on Allegiant.
Remember, you can only purchase Trip Flex (USD 8 – 20, depending on your route) at the time of booking. You cannot add it later.
Tip. Cancelling a ticket without penalty does not make it non-refundable. If you cancel your flight with the Trip Flex add-on, the credit balance cannot be refunded—it can only be applied toward future travel on Allegiant.
- Allegiant Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
The Allegiant cancellation policy allows you to cancel an award ticket along the same fee structure as tickets purchased with cash.
- If you purchase the Trip Flex add-on with your award ticket, you will not be charged any fee to change or cancel your award ticket.
- If you purchase a standard (non-Trip Flex) ticket and change or cancel it, you will be charged a USD 25 fee (normally USD 75) per passenger per ticket till the COVID-19 relaxations last.
- If you purchase your flight ticket with points and change or cancel it, your points will not be credited back to your account, but you will receive a credit voucher for the itinerary and use it later.
- Allegiant Weather Cancellation Policy
If your flight is cancelled or rescheduled to another day due to bad weather, Allegiant’s weather cancellation policy allows you to exercise any of these options:
- Travel on the rescheduled flight.
- Book a flight on Allegiant on a different date without being charged a fee.
- Cancel your ticket and ask for a refund.
You’ll be able to view all your options online by selecting the Manage Travel tab on AllegiantAir.com.
Note. If your booking includes a hotel package or a car rental, you may need to contact Allegiant’s Customer Care for cancellation assistance.
- Allegiant Cancelled Flight Policy
The Allegiant cancelled flight policy applies to flights cancelled by Allegiant. Under this policy, if your flight has been cancelled for any reason, you have 2 options:
- Change your travel dates for the same cities without any change fee or fare difference
(online via Manage Travel).
- Cancel your flight/flights for a refund (online via Manage Travel).
If you don’t do anything, your itinerary will be automatically cancelled within 72 hours and an Allegiant Credit Voucher will be issued for the full value of your ticket for future travel or refund via Customer Care.
Note. You may need to contact Allegiant’s Customer Care for assistance if your booking includes a hotel package or a car rental.
How to Cancel Allegiant Flight Booking
You cancel your Allegiant Airlines flight by phone or online.
To cancel your Allegiant Airlines reservations online:
- Go to Allegiant Airlines’ official website: www.allegiantair.com
- Select the Manage Travel tab
- Choose any of these options:
- By confirmation #
- By email
- By credit/debit card
- Enter the information for the option you choose
- Select your flight
- Click on the Cancel Booking option
- Confirm the cancellation
Your flight booking will be cancelled and you will receive a credit voucher for the balance amount after the cancellation fee is deducted.
How to Use Allegiant Flight Vouchers
If you have an Allegiant Flight Voucher / Credit Voucher and want to use it, you will need to make a new booking as explained below.
- Go to AllegiantAir.com
- Enter/select the city names and your trip details
- Click on the Search button
- Select your flight and fare options
- When you reach the Payment screen:
- Click on the dropdown
- Enter your voucher number
- Finalize your new booking
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- You’re allowed to utilize any unused part of your voucher toward a new flight provided you do it within the expiration date of your voucher.
- The validity of Credit Vouchers is as follows:
- Credit Vouchers issued before April 10, 2020—1 year from the original date of booking.
- Credit Vouchers issued after April 10, 2020—2 years from the original date of booking.
- Vouchers can only be utilized by the passenger to whom they were issued.
- Vouchers can be utilized for flights and associated baggage fees.
Allegiant Air Refund Policy
The Allegiant Air refund policy covers all types of refunds, including the refund of fees for unused optional services due to oversells and flight cancellations. Under this policy:
- All refunds will be made through the original form of payment.
- Debit card refunds will be made to the same card within 7 days of the request date.
- Refunds for fares purchased by cash or check will be made within 20 days of the receipt of complete documentation by Allegiant.
- Refund requests for tickets purchased through installment payments from third parties must be made to Allegiant but the settlement must be managed by the third party.
- Refunds will be made either in US Dollars or in the currency in which the fare was purchased.
- Refund requests should be sent online via this link or to:
Allegiant Travel Company
ATTN: Customer Relations Department
PO Box 371730
Las Vegas, NV 89137
Am I Eligible for a Refund on Allegiant Airlines?
You are eligible for a penalty-free refund on all Allegiant flights if you book your ticket at least 7 days before departure and cancel within 24 hours of purchase.