According to Azerbaijan Airlines’ cancellation policy, you are entitled to a compulsory refund in certain situations, regardless of what type of ticket you’ve purchased.
You can cancel your Azerbaijan Airlines flight and get a full refund:
- If Azerbaijan Airlines cancels your flight.
- If your flight is rescheduled or significantly delayed, and it no longer serves your purpose.
- If Azerbaijan Airlines cancels its landing at your departure, destination, or stopover point.
- If Azerbaijan Airlines does not provide you the same class of service or seat that you booked in advance.
- If Azerbaijan Airlines fails to provide you with a connection flight on which you hold a confirmed reservation.
- If Azerbaijan Airlines forcibly refuses you permission to board a flight (if you’ve flown partially, you will be repaid for the unused portion of your trip).
Note. Azerbaijan Airlines does not allow passengers to ask for a refund due to illness (yours, an accompanying passenger’s, or a close relative’s) or hospitalization. If you need to interrupt your fight at an intermediate point before your destination due to illness or injury, you must bear all associated charges, such as hospital fees, land transit, hotel accommodation, etc.
Azerbaijan Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Can I cancel my Azerbaijan Airlines flight within 24 hours?
Azerbaijan Airlines has a 24-hour penalty-free cancellation policy only for flights to or from the United States. Under this cancellation policy, you can cancel a ticket to/from the United States without penalty/fees within 24 hours of purchasing it if you purchase your ticket:
- Directly from Azerbaijan Airlines (website, ticket office, or call center), and
- At least 7 days before departure
Azerbaijan Airlines Cancellation Fee
What are Azerbaijan Airlines’ cancellation charges?
The cancellation fee charged by Azerbaijan Airlines will depend on your service class and when you cancel your ticket, as shown in the table below.
|Azerbaijan Airlines Cancellation Charges|
|Service Class||Booking Class||Fare Basis||Cancellation Fee|
|VIP Club||J, Z||JRTVC, JOWVC, ZRTVC, ZOWVC||EUR 60 before departure.Not permitted after departure.|
|Comfort Club||W, Q||WRTCC, WOWCC, QRTCC, QOWCC||EUR 60 before departure.Not permitted after departure.|
|Business||C, D||CRTCP, COWCP, DRTCP, DOWCP||EUR 60 before departure.Not permitted after departure.|
|Economy(Classic)||O, T, L, B, N, Y||RTCL/OWCL||> 96 hrs. before departure: 35% of the fare24-94 hrs. before departure: 50% of the fare.0-24 hrs. before departure: 75% of the fare. After departure: Not allowed|
|Economy (Safe)||O, T,L, B, N, Y||RTFX/OWFX||EUR 35 before departure. Not permitted after departure.|
|Economy(Aksiya, Promo)||P||POWR||Not permitted except for unused fees.|
|Economy (Transfer Standard)||U||For transfer passengers||25% of the fare before departure. 50% of the fare after departure.|
|Economy(Transfer Special)||V||For transfer passengers||50% of the fare before departure. Not permitted after departure.|
|Economy (Transfer Promo)||X||For transfer passengers||Not permitted.|
|AZAL Miles VIP Club||E||ERTFFP/EOWFFP||Not refunded before or after departure.|
|AZAL Miles Business||A||ARTFFP/AOWFFP||Not refunded before or after departure.|
|AZAL Miles Comfort Club||I||IRTFFP/IOWFFP||Not refunded before or after departure.|
|AZAL Miles Economy||R||RRTFFP/ROWFFP||Not refunded before or after departure.|
|Business Prorate||D||DRTSPA/DOWSPA||>96 hrs. before departure: EUR 6024-96 hrs. before departure: 50% of the fare1-24 hrs. before departure: 75% of the fareAfter departure: Not allowed|
|VIP Club Prorate||Z||ZRTSPA/ZOWSPA||1-24 hrs. before departure: 75% of the fare.24-96 hrs. before departure: 50% of the fare.>96 hrs. before departure: EUR 60.After departure: Not permitted.|
|Comfort Prorate||Q||QRTSPA/QOWSPA||1-24 hrs. before departure: 75% of the fare.24-96 hrs. before departure: 50% of the fare.>96 hrs. before departure: EUR 60.After departure: Not permitted|
|Economy Prorate||H||HRTSPA/HOWSPA||1-24 hrs. before departure: 75% of the fare.24-96 hrs. before departure: 50% of the fare.>96 hrs. before departure: EUR 60.After departure: Not permitted.|
Azerbaijan Airlines Refund Policy Due to COVID-19
What is Azerbaijan Airlines’ cancellation policy due to COVID-19?
According to Azerbaijan Airlines refund and cancellation policy due to COVID-19:
- Tickets subject to refund and exchange due to COVID-19 include AZAL and Buta Airways flight tickets with a departure date between March 10, 2020, and October 25, 2020. However, open-date tickets without a fixed return date can be rebooked or exchanged free of charge.
- You can refund or exchange tickets as follows:
- By phone
- By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via AZAL’s online Contact Form
- Your new departure date must be within 36 months from the original ticket’s departure date.
- You’re allowed to change both the date and the destination, as long as a flight is available on the requested date and you pay the difference in fares if any.
- If you don’t want to change your ticket:
- You can ask for a refund in the form of monetary documents such as vouchers (EMDs) that you can use for flying within 3 years from the original ticket’s departure date. You can use such vouchers to travel to all destinations of AZAL and Buta Airways flights. You will receive your voucher(s) at your registered e-mail address. When purchasing a new flight ticket, you will need to provide your voucher code at the ticket office or airline agency.
- You can ask for a full refund for prepaid tickets 60 days after Azerbaijan Airlines resumes its normal operations via e-mail (email@example.com) or contact form on the website.
Azerbaijan Airlines Refund Policy
What is Azerbaijan Airlines’ refund policy?
Below is a snapshot of Azerbaijan Airlines refund policy:
- Eligible tickets (i.e., tickets purchased online through the airline’s website, ticket offices at the airport, or call centers) will be refunded after you submit the required documents to the airline’s ticket office or through the website, depending on the place of purchase.
- If you cancel your ticket voluntarily (voluntary cancellation), you will be reimbursed at the place of purchase, subject to the fare rules of your ticket.
- If you want to cancel a ticket that you purchased from a travel agent, you must request them directly to cancel your ticket.
- Refund of tickets purchased by credit card will be made within 33 business days of receiving the fully-completed refund request. However, the credit card company may take additional time to process the refund, so it may take longer to reflect on your credit card statement.
- Refund of tickets purchased by cash will be made within 7 working days of receiving the fully-completed refund request.
- Before asking for a refund you must cancel your ticket.
- When asking for a refund, you will be required to provide your (i.e., the passenger’s) name, address, credit card number used for purchasing the ticket, ticket number(s), the departure and arrival dates, and the departure and destination airports.
- Only unused portions of tickets will be refunded (unless indicated otherwise).
- Refunds will only be made during the ticket’s validity period and to the person whose name is indicated on the ticket, or to the person who paid for the ticket.
- Regular or special tariff tickets are valid for 1 year from the initial flight’s date.
- Refunds will be made in the country in which a ticket was sold.
- Refunds will be made in the same currency in which they were purchased.
- You’re not allowed to cancel a single ticket within a group reservation.
- You will not be entitled to a refund:
- If you file your refund application after the expiration of your ticket.
- If you purchased or used your ticket for immigration or visa purposes and the airline has documentary evidence to prove it.
- You will not be entitled to compensation:
- If you are refused carriage due to force majeure circumstances.
- The government partly/fully confiscates the aircraft capacity for its own purposes.
- You fail to pass safety inspection or fail to comply with the instructions of the airline/agent/travel agency.
- You’re flying on a free or special-rate ticket not available to most passengers.
- You’re taking a chartered flight.
- You’re flying on a group ticket/tourist ticket which has already been paid for.
- If legislation does not allow it.
How to Cancel a Ticket on Azerbaijan Airlines
You can cancel your Azerbaijan Airlines ticket:
- By phone
- Call Azerbaijan Airlines (or the local office in your city/country).
- Call the travel agent you purchased your ticket from.
- Online through Azal.Az
How to Cancel an Azerbaijan Airlines Ticket Online
A screenshot of the Manage booking functionality used for cancelling tickets online
You can cancel an Azerbaijan Airlines ticket online if you purchased it directly through the Azerbaijan Airlines website (Azal.Az), ticket office, or call center.
To cancel your ticket online, follow the steps below:
- Go to the homepage (Azal.Az)
- Click on Manage booking and then on the By ticket number option
- Access your flight details as follows:
- Enter your surname and 13-digit ticket number
- Click on the button marked Add
- Select your flight and cancel it
- If you booked your ticket from a third party (travel agent/website), you will need to contact them directly to cancel your ticket.
- You must pay the applicable cancellation fee, depending on your fare type.
- If you cancel tickets such as Economy (Aksiya, Promo, Transfer Promo), etc., only the unused fees paid by you will be refunded.