Unexpected circumstances can often force you to change your travel plans. If you’re considering booking a flight with LOT Polish Airlines, it’s important to understand its cancellation policy. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the details of LOT Polish Airlines cancellation policy, including information on refunds, fees, and any special considerations you need to be aware of. Whether you’re a frequent traveler or just looking to take a much-needed vacation, knowing the ins and outs of an airline’s cancellation policy can save you time, money, and unnecessary stress.
The Ins and Outs of LOT Polish Cancellation Policy
In this section, we’ll dive into the ins and outs of LOT Polish Airlines cancellation policy, including which fares can be cancelled and other special considerations you need to be aware of. Whether you’re experiencing a change in plans or simply want to be prepared for any future contingencies, understanding the airline’s cancellation policy will help you navigate the process smoothly.
- All passengers can cancel their tickets up to 24 hours after purchase (Procedure 24H) and receive a full refund, subject to certain conditions explained below.
- Flex Plus fares across all travel classes (Economy, Premium Economy, and Business) can be cancelled and refunded for a small fee.
- If the fare conditions do not permit ticket cancellation, a better option would be to change your flight and travel later.
- If your flight is cancelled, the LOT Polish cancellation policy allows you to:
- Use the value of your ticket as a voucher with a 2-year validity
- Reschedule your trip at no additional cost within 30 days before or after your original flight date. If you want to travel after 30 days and the fare originally purchased by you is no longer available, you will also have to pay the fare difference.
- Change your flight route within one year from the date of issue of your ticket.
- Obtain a full refund of the unused part of your ticket.
- If your flight is cancelled (or delayed), you will additionally be entitled to:
- Right to care (meals and refreshments) and assistance in relation to the waiting period, including free hotel accommodation (if required) and transportation between the airport and the hotel.
- Choose between:
- The next available flight to your destination under comparable conditions, or
- Reimbursement (no later than 7 days) of the full cost of your unused ticket or the parts of the used ticket if the flight no longer serves any purpose to you, along with a return flight to the point of first departure as soon as possible.
- Compensation ranging from €250 – 600, depending on the flight distance and the length of the delay. However, no compensation will be due to you if your flight cancellation is due to extraordinary circumstances over which the airline had no control, or:
- You are informed about the cancellation 14 or more days before your flight’s scheduled departure time, or
- You are informed about the cancellation 14 – 7 days prior to your original flight’s scheduled departure and offered a substitute flight departing within 2 hours before the original flight’s scheduled departure and arriving at your final destination within 4 hours after the original flight’s scheduled time of arrival, or
- You are informed about the cancellation within 7 days before the original flight’s scheduled departure and offered a substitute flight departing within 1 hour before the original flight’s scheduled departure and arriving at your final destination within 2 hours after the original flight’s scheduled time of arrival.
LOT Polish Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Lot Polish Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy, or Procedure 24H, allows you to get a full refund of your ticket if you cancel it up to 24 hours after purchase, regardless of your fare type. To receive a full refund, you must fulfill all of these conditions:
- You should cancel your ticket no later than 24 hours after purchase, and
- You should have purchased your ticket online through LOT.com, LOT’s contact center, or a travel agency*, and
- Your ticket number should start with 080, and
- You should submit your refund request through LOT’s contact center, Facebook Messenger, or your travel agent not later than 24 hours after purchase and 6 hours prior to departure
*If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency, you will need to contact the agency directly.
LOT Polish Airlines Cancelled Flight Policy
If LOT Polish Airlines cancels your flight, you have the option to:
- Use your ticket as a travel voucher
- Contact LOT Polish ticket center or office up to 1 year after your booking to obtain a voucher for the full value of your ticket. Alternatively, fill out the Ticket Change form to exchange your ticket for a travel voucher (a confirmation email will be issued to you after you submit the form).
- Note. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you can exchange your ticket for a travel voucher through the agent.
- The travel voucher will have a 2-year validity period.
- Use the voucher to book a flight scheduled to depart no more than 12 months later for yourself or gift the voucher to a friend or a relative.
- If your new ticket is cheaper than the voucher value, you will be refunded the balance in the form of another voucher.
- You can also request a refund of the unused value of your voucher.
- Postpone your trip
- You can postpone your trip at no additional charge within 30 days before or after your original travel date. If no flight is available within this period, it will be counted from the first available flight.
- You will have to pay the fare difference if you choose to fly after 30 days of the original flight and the original fare is not available.
- To change your flight date, contact the airline or use the Ticket Change form.
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, contact the agent directly.
- Change your flight route
- You can make changes to your flight route any time within 1 year from your ticket’s issue date.
- You can make changes to your flight route by contacting the airline or submitting the Ticket Change form.
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, contact the agent directly.
- Ask for a full refund
- If none of the options above suit you, you can request a refund of your ticket by filling out the Ticket Refund form.
- Cancelled tickets have a one-year validity (after the purchase date), so you can ask for a refund any time before your ticket’s expiry date.
About LOT Polish Airlines Refunds
How to get a refund from LOT Polish Airlines
You can get a refund from LOT Polish Airlines by placing a refund request online through the Change or refund of reservation form, by phone, or through the travel agent.
- If your flight was cancelled, you will need to fill out the Change or refund of reservation form to request a refund for your cancelled flight. Be sure to select the Flight was cancelled option. Your application will be processed and the refund will be issued the same way you paid for your ticket.
- If you’re requesting a refund because you want to cancel a flight that has not been cancelled by the airline, you must fill out the same form above. Depending on the fare conditions of your ticket, you may or may not be issued a refund. You can check the conditions by accessing your flight online through Manage booking.
- If you want to exchange your ticket with a voucher for a cancelled flight, you will need to fill out the same form above, select the Flight was cancelled option, and then the Voucher option. Your voucher will be emailed to you within 14 days.
- If you‘re cancelling within 24 hours under Procedure 24H, you must submit your refund request through LOT Polish Airlines contact center, Facebook Messenger, or your travel agent not later than (a) 24 hours after purchase, and (b) 6 hours prior to your flight’s departure.
LOT Polish Airlines Refund Policy
The LOT Polish Airlines refund policy allows flight cancellations under certain circumstances and offers various options for obtaining a refund. For refundable tickets, you can receive a refund to your original form of payment minus the applicable cancellation fee. For non-refundable tickets, you may be eligible for a refund if you meet certain criteria, such as if your flight is cancelled or overly delayed, or if you have purchased travel insurance.
Below is a snapshot of LOT Polish Airlines refund policy:
- LOT Polish refunds will only be made to the person whose name appears on the ticket or to the person who has paid for the ticket after providing proof of payment.
- LOT Polish refunds may also be issued to the person authorized to collect the refund on behalf of the passenger or the person who paid for the ticket unless the airline has imposed a restriction on the payment of refund, in which case only the person who paid for the ticket or the person authorized by the payer can collect the refund.
- LOT Polish refunds will only be made after all the unused coupons and receipts are returned to the airline, except in case of lost tickets and e-tickets.
- Refunds for flight cancellations will be made in the same form that was used for purchasing the ticket.
- LOT Polish refunds for reasons attributable to the airline. If LOT Polish cancels a flight, does not operate it reasonably per schedule, does not stop at your destination or stopover point, is unable to provide you with a seat on a confirmed ticket, or causes you to miss the next flight in which you hold a confirmed ticket, the refund amount will be:
- If no part of your ticket has been used, the refund amount will be the full fare paid by you without any deductions.
- If a part of the ticket has been used, the refund amount will be whichever is higher:
- The fare (one-way) minus discounts (if any) from the stopover to the destination/next stopover; or
- The difference between the full fare and the fare applicable to the used segments
- LOT Polish refund request by passenger. If you want to cancel and refund your ticket for reasons other than reasons attributable to the airline, and the fare conditions of your ticket permit refunds, the amount of refund will be:
- If no part of your ticket has been used, the refund amount will be the total fare paid by you minus the applicable cancellation and handling fees (if any).
- If a part of your ticket has been used, the refund amount will be the total fare paid by you minus the part of the fare used by you minus the cancellation fee and handling charges, if any.
- You will not be entitled to a refund if:
- You submit your refund request more than 1 year after the expiry of your ticket.
- You (or the person who applies for the refund) do not submit satisfactory proof of payment to the airline.
- You have presented your ticket to the airline or a state representative as evidence of your intention to leave the country unless you can prove that you are permitted to stay in the country, or that you will depart from the country using another means of transport.
- You did not use your ticket coupons because you violated the airline’s code of conduct onboard the flight and the airline used the value of your ticket to settle claims for the damage caused by you.
- Refund currency. Refunds will be in the currency in which the ticket was purchased, or, in exceptional cases, in the currency of the country where the refund is being issued, or another acceptable currency.
- Refunds for flight cancellations requested by passengers will only be made by the airline that issued to ticket or by its authorized agent.
LOT Polish Airlines Cancellation Fee
The one-way cancellation fee charged by LOT Polish Airlines for refundable fares before flight departure will depend upon your route and travel class.
- The ticket cancellation fee for short-haulflights is:
- €30 for Economy Flex Plus fares
- €65 for Business Flex fares
- The ticket cancellation fee for long-haul flights is:
- €60 for Economy Flex Plus fares
- €100 for Premium Economy Flex Plus fares
- €100 for Business Flex Plus fares
Non-refundable fares cannot be cancelled. If you cancel a non-refundable fare, the full fare paid by you will be forfeited except for government/airport taxes.
LOT Polish Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation
Under EC Regulation 261/2004 of the European Parliament, you may be entitled to compensation due to denied boarding, flight cancellation, and long flight delays of 5 hours or more. The compensation will only apply to you if your flight departs from an airport located in a European Union member state or from a third country if your flight is operated by a carrier based in the European Union (E.U.)., such as LOT Polish Airlines.
Exceptions. No monetary compensation will be due if your flight is cancelled or overly delayed due to extraordinary reasons outside the airline’s control, such as bad weather, security risks, strikes, political unrest, etc., or if you’re travelling on a free/reduced-fare ticket.
The amount of compensation for cancelled flights (and flights delayed by 5 hours or more) will be:
- €250 for flights within 1,500km
- €400 for flights within the E.U. exceeding 1,500km
- €400 for other flights between 1,500 –3,500km
- €600 for flights not included above
The compensation above will be cut by 50% if LOT Polish Airlines offers you a substitute flight and its arrival time does not exceed your original flight’s arrival time:
- By 2 hours for flights within 1,500km
- By 3 hours for flights exceeding 1,500km within the E.U. and other flights between 1,500 – 3,500km
- By 4 hours for flights not included above
Your compensation will be issued by cash, bank transfer, bank order, bank check, or in the form of travel vouchers (only if you agree in writing).
How to Cancel a Flight on LOT Polish Airlines?
You can cancel your LOT Polish flight online through Manage Booking, by phone, through a LOT Polish Airlines ticketing office, at the airport, or through your travel agent.
How to cancel a flight on LOT Polish Airlines online.
To cancel your LOT Polish flight online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the airline’s official website, LOT.com
- Select Manage booking
- Enter your reservation details (i.e., booking reference and last name/surname)
- Click on Next to access your flight booking
- Look for the option to cancel your flight
- Follow the prompts to complete the cancellation process
- Unless you’re cancelling within the 24-hour window, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fees will depend on what type of ticket you have purchased, so review the details before proceeding with the cancellation.
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee if your flight is cancelled by the airline.
- If you bought your ticket from a travel agency, contact the agency directly to cancel and refund your ticket.
How to cancel a flight on LOT Polish Airlines by phone
To cancel a LOT Polish Airlines flight by customer service phone number. Be sure to have your booking information ready. After you’re connected to LOT Polish Airlines, a customer service representative will assist you with the cancellation process. You will be asked to provide your booking details, including your booking reference number and flight information.
The representative will guide you through the necessary steps and inform you of any applicable fees or policies. The cancellation policies and fees may vary depending on what type of ticket you have purchased, so review the terms and conditions before making any changes.
LOT Polish Airlines Cancellation Policy (FAQs)
When planning a trip, unforeseen circumstances can force us to cancel our travel plans. If you have a flight booked with LOT Polish Airlines and find yourself in this situation, you may have some questions about its cancellation policy. In this section, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions regarding LOT Polish Airlines cancellation policy. From understanding the cancellation process to knowing when the cancellation fees may apply, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to navigate the cancellation process smoothly.
You can cancel any ticket for a full refund up to 24 hours after purchasing it, as long as your flight departs at least 6 hours later. Outside of the 24-hour window, only refundable tickets can be cancelled for a fee.
You can get a full refund if you cancel your ticket up to 24 hours after buying it, provided your flight departure is more than 6 hours later. Outside of this period, only refundable tickets can be cancelled for a fee, depending on the fare conditions of your ticket. Non-refundable tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded unless the airline itself cancels your flight.
The refund amount will depend upon the fare conditions of your ticket and the time of cancellation. Within 24 hours after purchase, all tickets are fully refundable provided your flight’s departure time is not within 6 hours when you cancel. You will also be entitled to a full refund (among other options) if your flight is cancelled by the airline.
Yes, you will be charged a cancellation fee for cancelling a refundable ticket. The fee will depend upon the fare conditions of your ticket and when you cancel. Non-refundable fares cannot be cancelled outside of the 24-hour window.
Yes, you can cancel your flight online through the LOT Polish Airlines website (via Manage booking) or by contacting the airline’s customer service.
If the fare conditions of your ticket allow you to cancel your flight, you must cancel at least 3 hours before departure. However, if you’re cancelling your flight within the free 24-hour window, you must do it at least 6 hours before departure.
Yes, you can make changes to your booking (in most cases) instead of cancelling, depending on the fare rules of your ticket and seat availability.
If your flight is cancelled by LOT Polish Airlines, you are entitled to a full refund. You can also apply for a voucher with a 2-year validity, postpone your flight without penalty by +/- 30 days from the original date of travel, or change your flight route and travel within 1 year from the date of issue of your ticket.
Refunds are typically processed within 3 weeks, but it may take longer depending on your payment method and bank processing times.
Special circumstances such as medical emergencies or natural disasters may be considered as exceptions to the standard cancellation policy. It is best to contact LOT Polish Airlines directly for assistance in such cases.