EVA Air Flight Change Policy Due to COVID
EVA Air has revised its flight change policy in response to the COVID-19 situation. Under the new travel waivers, you’re allowed to change your flight (date, time, and/or destination) without having to pay a change fee.
COVID-19 Flight Change Travel Waivers
EVA Air is now allowing passengers to make changes to some flights without being charged a change fee.
- EVA Air/UNI Air tickets issued before July 23, 2021, with a travel date between May 19 and August 9, 2021, on a Hong Kong/Macau or cross-strait routes can be rescheduled without penalty. Such tickets can be changed up to their validity period, but latest by August 23, 2021 (i.e., within 14 days of August 10, 2021) as long as you don’t change your travel class or destination.
- EVA Air tickets issued or reissued on/before July 8, 2021, to/from Jakarta, with a travel date between July 13 and July 31, 2021, can also be rescheduled without incurring a change fee. You can now change your flight date by August 31, 2021—all the way up to your ticket’s validity period—without incurring a change fee as long as you don’t change your travel class or destination.
- If you change your travel class or destination (flight route), you will have to pay the applicable difference in fares, taxes, and surcharges.
- You’re allowed to change an award ticket if your flight was affected (as above) without having to pay any change fees.
- You’re also allowed to make changes to group bookings if your flight was affected (as above) without having to pay any change fees.
- To make changes to a ticket purchased from a third party, you will need to contact them yourself.
EVA Air Flight Change Fee
The EVA Air flight change fee will depend on your fare type and route and typically starts from USD 50 per ticket.
- Up fares for all travel classes can be changed for free—as long as you make the changes to your ticket 3 – 7 hours before your flight (depending on your ticket’s conditions).
- Economy Discount, Basic (all), and Standard (all) fares are subject to a change fee, depending on your ticket’s conditions.
Flight Rebooking Options
EVA Air allows you to make changes to your flight booking from 360 days to 3 – 7 hours before your flight’s departure. A change fee may apply, depending on the type of fare you’re holding. Only Up fares (in all classes) allow complimentary flight changes. If you’re holding a Discount, Basic, or Standard fare (in any class), you will be charged for changing your flight.
If your flight was cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19, you are eligible to make changes to your flight dates without incurring a change fee. However, if you’re changing your destination or travel class, you must pay the applicable fare difference plus taxes and surcharges.
How to Change a Flight on EVA Air
You can change your EVA Air flight booking up to 3 – 7 hours before departure, depending on your flight route. You can change your flight date, flight time, and/or flight destination:
- For tickets purchased from a travel agent, contact them directly.
- For award tickets, call or EVA’s local reservations office directly.
How to Change a Flight on EVA Air Online
You can change your EVA Air flight date and/or destination online
If you booked your ticket directly through EVA’s website, mobile app, ticket counter, or call center, you can:
- Change the flight date on EVA Air online
- Change the flight time on EVA Air online
- Change the flight route on EVA Air online
To make changes to your flight online, follow the steps below.
- Go to EvaAir.com
- From the Manage tab, select View My Booking
A screenshot of the Manage tab’s dropdown on EVA Air’s website
- Click on Change Dates/Flights to change your flight’s date, time, and/or destination
- Enter your booking reference, last name, and first name
- Click on the Log In button
- Select your flight
- Follow the prompts to:
- Change the flight date
- Change the flight time
- Change the flight destination
You can also change your EVA Air flight booking through the mobile app.