Air France name change policy allows you to request a name correction if your name has been incorrectly entered in your booking and does not match your official name. However, your ticket must remain in your name—you cannot transfer your ticket to another person.
Air France Name Change Fee
What is the Air France name change fee for passengers?
Air France will not charge a name change fee/name correction fee if you change/correct your name at least 30 hours before departure on Air France, KLM, Delta, and Kenya Airways, and at least 72 hours before departure on partner airline flights.
However, if you’re correcting your name after the above deadlines, you may be charged a name change fee ranging from USD 20 – 50 for getting the changes implemented at the airport/ticket office or for tickets purchased from a travel agent.
How to Change Passenger Name on Air France
Air France name correction and name change process
To change or correct the passenger name on Air France, contact the Air France office in your city and request the agent to correct or change your name. As mentioned earlier, you will not be charged any name change fee if you request the name change or correction:
- At least 30 hours before departure on Air France, Delta, KLM, or Kenya Airways.
- At least 72 hours before departure on partner airline flights.
If your correct or change your name after the above deadlines, you will likely be charged a name correction fee/name change fee between USD 20 – 50 for getting the changes/corrections implemented on your flight ticket at the airport/ticket office or for tickets purchased through a travel agent.
Legal Name Change on Air France Flight Ticket
If you have legally changed your name due to marriage, divorce, or otherwise, you must contact Air France and provide valid legal documentation as proof of name change. Since legal name changes would likely involve the reissuance of a ticket, you may be charged a fee of USD 20 – 50, depending on the changes and how you purchased your ticket.
Name Correction Policy—Correct Your Name in Time
It is important to ensure that the name on your ticket matches the name on your government ID, such as your passport or driver’s license. Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board your flight.
- The Air France name change policy allows you to correct your name up to 30 hours before departure free of cost if your itinerary includes a flight operated by:
- Air France (AF)
- KLM (KL)
- Delta Air Lines (DL)
- Kenya Airways (KQ)
- Air France allows a free change of passenger name (i.e., name correction) at least 72 hours before departure on partner airline flights, subject to the partner airline’s approval.
- For name corrections on Award tickets, you must contact the Flying Blue Service Center.
- To make a name correction on a ticket booked through a travel agent, you must contact the travel agent directly before your flight’s departure.
Exceptions to Air France Name Correction
Name corrections are not required in the following situations
The Air France name change policy does not require a change of passenger name in the following cases:
- If you have many first names, you can just have the first name on your ticket.
- If your full name appears in a different order on your ticket—without spaces and/or with a salutation between your names (such as Mr. Mrs. or Ms), it is acceptable.
- If just your maiden name appears on your ticket, provided it’s the last name that appears on your ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions on Air France Name Change Fee & Policy
It won’t cost you anything to correct/change your name on Air France if you request the change or correction at least 30 hours before departure on Air France, KLM, Delta, or Kenya Airways, and at least 72 hours before departure on partner airline flights.
However, if you get the name correction/change implemented after this period, it will cost you between USD 20 – 50, including from a travel agent.
You can make a name correction including a legal change of name implemented on your Air France ticket, as long as it does not result in a change of passenger.
Implementing a name change can be expensive when it requires your ticket to be reissued.