According to Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy, only fully refundable fares can be cancelled and refunded. However, you can cancel your ticket and claim a refund if:
- You cancel your flight 7 or more days before departure and request the cancellation within 24 hours of booking.
- You were refused boarding.
- Hawaiian Airlines cancels your flight.
- Your flight’s departure or arrival time is impacted by more than 2 hours and you refuse to be rebooked on another flight.
- You or a family member is hospitalized and Hawaiian Airlines agrees to refund your fare
(after you fill out a Medical Waiver Request form and submit a scanned copy to HawaiianAirlines.com/CAO).
Hawaiian Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Per Hawaiian Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel any ticket without penalty if you:
- Cancel at least 7 days before your flight’s scheduled departure, and
- Cancel within 24 hours of purchase
Hawaiian Airlines 24-hour cancellation applies to all types of tickets, including non-refundable tickets like Main Cabin Basic.
Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Rules
A few important points to bear in mind regarding Hawaiian Airlines cancellations are as follows:
- Main Cabin Basic fares cannot be changed or refunded but can be canceled within the 24-hour cancellation window.
- Wholly unused tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Partially used tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of first use.
- Flight coupons must be used in the order in which they are issued.
- If you make a voluntary refund on a fully refundable ticket, you will be charged a service fee of USD 100.
- If you don’t cancel your ticket before your flight, it will be automatically converted into a travel credit for future travel.
- If you cancel a HawaiianMiles award ticket covered by a travel waiver policy, the points will be redeposited to your account.
How to Cancel a Hawaiian Airlines Flight
You can cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight by phone or online.
Hawaiian Airlines Online Cancellation Process
To cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight online, you will need to retrieve your flight booking and then cancel it as explained below.
A screenshot of the Hawaiian Airlines Manage Flights tab
- Go to HawaiianAirlines.com
- From the Manage Flights dropdown, select My Trips
- Provide the following information on the My Trips page:
- Your last name
- Your 6-letter confirmation code or 13-digit E-Ticket number
- Click on the View My Trip button
- Select your flight and cancel it
You can also cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight(s) with the mobile app. Remember, you may have to pay the applicable cancelation fee if you cancel your flight.