You can choose from the following options at Turkish Airlines check-in:
- TurkishAirlines.com (online)
- Mobile app
- Self-check-in kiosk
- Airport counter
Turkish Airlines Check-in Starting and Closing Times
- Online Check-in Deadlines
The online check-in time for domestic and international flights is between 24 hours to 90 minutes before departure.
- Online check-in is available at select airports.
- Up to 8 passengers can check in on a single booking.
- Mobile App Check-in Deadlines
The mobile app check-in deadlines for domestic and international flights is the same as that for online check-ins—24 hours to 90 minutes before departure.
- Mobile check-ins are available at select airports.
- Up to 8 passengers can check in in a single booking.
- Kiosk Check-in Deadlines
The kiosk check-in deadlines are from 12 hours before departure to:
- 60 minutes before departure for domestic flights.
- 75 minutes before departure for international flights.
- Airport Counter Check-in Deadlines
You can check in at the airport counter from 2 hours before departure to:
- 45 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights.
- 60 minutes prior to departure (120 minutes for Caracas) for international flights.
Even if you’ve checked in online, you should reach the airport 3 hours prior to your flight’s scheduled departure time due to additional security measures.
Airport Counter Closing Time
The airport check-in counters close 60 minutes before departure for domestic flights (within Turkey) and 75 minutes before departure for international flights.
You will also be able to:
- Check-in your bags
- Pay the bag fees
- Obtain a printout of your boarding pass
- Select or change your seat
- Some airports may not accept boarding passes printed at home, but only those printed at an airport check-in desk or a self-service kiosk.
- Airport desk check-ins can be busy, so be sure to reach the airport early.
- You will need to check in at the airport’s service desk in the following cases:
- If your airport doesn’t have online or self-service kiosk check-in.
- If you have requested special assistance and are traveling alone.
- If you’re traveling with a pet.
How to Check in Online on Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines online check-ins starts 24 hours before flights and ends 90 minutes before departure.
- Go to TurkishAirlines.com
- Click on the Check In / Manage booking option
- Enter the following information:
- Your 13-digit ticket number or 6-character reservation code (PNR)
- Your surname (last name)
- Click on the search button marked ‘>’
- Follow the onscreen prompts to check in
When you check-in online, you can also:
- Select a seat of your choice, a special meal, and book extra baggage
- Download your electronic boarding pass (most cases)
Note. Check-in options can vary at airports, so do read through them.
How to Check in with Turkish Airlines’ Mobile App
Mobile check-ins are open 24 hours to 90 minutes before departure. After checking in with the app, download your boarding pass to your mobile device, and on the day of travel head straight for the baggage desk. However, some airports don’t offer this facility, so do take a look at the check-in options at airports.
If you don’t have bags to check in and don’t require document verification at the check-in counter, you can go directly to the immigration counter.
How to Check in at Turkish Airlines’ Self-Service Kiosk
Kiosk check-ins are available at select airports and can be used to check in from 12 hours to 60 minutes before departure (for domestic flights) and 75 minutes before departure (for international flights).
To check-in at the Turkish Airlines’ self-service kiosk:
- Place your debit card or Miles & Smiles card in the card reader, or
(this enables the machine to access your credentials)
- Enter any of the following details:
- Your e-ticket number, or
- Your reservation code (PNR)
- Follow the onscreen prompts to:
- Select your seat
After you select your seat, you will automatically receive a printout of your boarding card.
After getting your boarding pass:
- Go straight to the boarding gate if you don’t have any check-in baggage.
- Go to the check-in desk if you have to check in your baggage, and then proceed to the boarding gate.
- You should reach the boarding gate no later than 20 minutes before your flight’s departure. Remember, at some airports, it can you longer to reach the boarding gate.
Passengers Not Eligible for Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
The following passengers are not eligible for self-service kiosk check-in—and will need to physically check in at the airport desk:
- Passengers with non-machine-readable passports/visas
- Waitlisted passengers
- Passengers with unconfirmed bookings
- Unaccompanied minors
- Passengers who have booked an extra seat, such as for a musical instrument
- Passengers travelling with a pet
- Passengers requiring special assistance, such as medical assistance, or meet-and-assist service, etc.
- You can check in up to 8 passengers at a time on a single booking code (PNR).
- Be at the boarding gate a minimum of 20 minutes prior to departure.
- It may take you longer to reach the boarding gate at some airports.
How to Check in at the Turkish Airlines Airport Counter
You can check in at the airport counter from 2 hours before departure to 60 minutes before departure (for domestic flights) and 75 minutes before departure (for international flights; Caracas closes 120 minutes before departure). However, even if you’ve already checked in online, you should reach the airport at least 3 hours before your flight’s departure.
To check in at the airport counter:
- Go to Turkish Airlines’ airport check-in desk.
- Present your travel documents, such as:
- Your passport and/or valid ID
- Your ticket
- Special documents, if any, such as a doctor’s certificate, discount documentation, etc.
- Check in your baggage and pay excess baggage fee, if any.
- After processing your passport, the staff will hand over your boarding pass and direct you to your boarding gate.
Frequently Asked Questions on Turkish Airlines Check-in Policy
Submit your review