Frontier Airlines change flight policy is relatively flexible because it allows you to modify your flight time or date. However, as your travel date draws closer, the cost of making a flight change goes up—but you can still make a last-minute change until your check-in deadline.
You can change your flight either through the airline’s website/mobile app or contact the customer service team. Keep in mind that Frontier change flight fee may apply depending on the fare type and how far in advance you make the change. So do review the specific terms and conditions of your ticket before making any modifications.
Frontier Change Flight Tips
If you want to change Frontier flight, the tips below can help make the process smoother.
- You must know Frontier Flight change policy and any associated fees.
- The WORKS bundles allow free changes whereas standard fares may incur a fee (unless they qualify for a change fee waiver).
- To retain the value of your ticket, you must change or cancel your ticket before departure. If you no-show for your flight, the value of your ticket will be forfeited and no residual value will remain.
- If you already have a flight/travel credit with Frontier Airlines, you can book your new flight online by choosing Frontier Credit on the payments page and applying your credit. Alternatively, you can book by phone.
- When contacting Frontier Always through the website or over the phone:
- Have your reservation details handy. Having your confirmation number and desired new flight dates and times will help expedite the process.
- Check for available alternative flights before requesting a change. This way, you can have some backup options in case your preferred flight is not available.
- You should also know that:
- Frontier Airlines itinerary changes are subject to the difference in fares plus options prices. This means if the new fare is costlier, you must pay the fare difference between the original and the new fare.
- If your new fare is of a lower value than your original fare, the residual value will be forfeited after you have made the change. However, if you cancel a flight, the residual value (if any) will be retained as a travel credit after the cancelation fee and carrier charges are deducted.
- Will I get a refund if Frontier changed my flight? If your Frontier flight is changed (or cancelled) and you choose not to travel on the alternative options offered to you:
- You will receive an email providing more information about your options.
- Your fare and any optional services purchased by you (incl. seat assignments and baggage fees) will be refunded to you.
- You must fill out Frontier’s online refund request form to receive a refund.
- All flight changes and cancellations will be subject to the fare conditions of your ticket and Frontier’s Contract of Carriage.
According to Frontier flight change policy, you can make changes to your flight ticket:
- Free of charge (without paying a flight change fee) if you’re changing:
- 60 or more days prior to departure, or
- Up to 24 hours post-booking for a flight departing at least 7 days later
- For USD 49 if you’re making an itinerary change 7 – 59 days before flight departure.
- For USD 99 if you’re making an itinerary change 0 – 6 days before flight departure (incl. same day).
When is Frontier Change Flight FREE?
You can change your Frontier flight for free (i.e., without paying Frontier flight change fee):
- If you’re changing 60+ days prior to departure or up to 24 hours after purchasing your ticket for a flight that departs 7 or more days later.
- If you’ve purchased the WORKS bundle or the Flight Flexibility option, you can change your flight ticket without penalty.
- If Frontier cancels your flight and the alternative flight offered to you does not suit you, you can make changes to your itinerary without any additional charge.
- If your Frontier flight is rescheduled and the new flight does not suit you, you can make changes to your itinerary without being charged for it, as long as you’re not changing your route or travel class.
- If you’re suddenly called for jury duty or receive military orders, you can make changes to your itinerary (or cancel it) without being charged.
- If you fall seriously ill (or a family member falls ill/dies) and you have documentary evidence to prove it and Frontier Airlines agrees, you can make changes to your flight itinerary without being charged for it.
Note. You must change your itinerary before your flight’s check-in closes, which is at least 45 minutes before departure for most flights within the U.S. (domestic flights) and at least 60 minutes prior to departure for most international flights. Plus, free flight changes are subject to availability and certain restrictions may apply.
Frontier Flight Change Policy for Illness
Frontier Airlines flight change policy lets you change (or cancel) your flight due to illness (yours) or a close family member’s death. However, you will need to provide documentary evidence as proof of illness.
Frontier Airlines Changed My Flight — What are My Options?
If your Frontier flight is affected by bad weather (or some other reason), you have the option to choose a different flight from the alternative flight offered to you without paying any additional charge if the flight is more convenient to you.
Frontier Airlines Change Fee
Frontier change flight fee is based on when you’re making changes to your ticket, as shown in the table below.
|Frontier Airlines Change Fee|
|Flight Change Time||Flight Change Fee|
|Up to 24 hours after purchase||Nil|
|60+ days prior to departure||Nil|
|59 – 7 days prior to departure||USD 49|
|6 or fewer days prior to departure (incl. same day)||USD 49|
|If your new flight is more expensive, you must pay the difference in the airfare. However, if your new flight ticket is cheaper, the balance will neither be credited to your account as travel credit nor refunded.|
According to Frontier Airlines change flight policy:
- You will not be charged any flight change fee if:
- You make changes to your ticket up to 24 hours after purchasing it and your flight departs 7 or more days later.
- You make changes to your ticket 60/60+ days prior to departure.
- You’ve purchased the WORKS bundle or the Flight Flexibility option.
- You’re FRONTIER Miles elite status member.
- You will be charged a flight change fee:
- If you make changes to a normal ticket 59 – 7 days prior to departure, you will have to pay USD 49 as flight change fee per passenger per way.
- If you make changes to a normal ticket 0 – 6 days prior to departure, you will have to pay USD 99 as flight change fee per passenger per way.
Frontier Airlines Change Fee for Standard Tickets
Frontier Airlines change fee for standard tickets will depend on when you modify your ticket and what type of ticket you’ve purchased (WORKS bundle tickets can be changed free of charge).
- You will be charged a change fee of USD 49 per passenger per way for changing any standard ticket 59 to 7 days prior to departure,
- You will be charged a change fee of USD 99 per passenger per way for changing any standard ticket 6 days or less prior to departure (incl. same day),
Frontier Change Fee for Award Tickets
Frontier Airlines charges a change fee for award tickets, which varies depending on when you make the change. If you change an award ticket:
- 60 or 60+ days prior to departure, you won’t be charged any flight change fee.
- 59 – 7 days prior to departure, you will be charged USD 49 as flight change fee.
- Within 6 days of departure, you will be charged USD 99 as flight change fee.
When Does Frontier Airlines Waive the Change Fee?
Frontier Airlines will waive the change fee in the following cases:
- Changes to flight bookings up to 24 hours after booking for a flight departing at least 7 days later.
- Changes to flight bookings 60/60+ days prior to departure.
- Changes made to The WORKS bundles or tickets with the Flight Flexibility option.
- Changes made to alternative flights offered to a passenger in exchange for canceled or rescheduled flights that don’t suit the passenger (without any change of route or travel class).
- Changes due to a passenger being called for jury duty or due to military orders.
- Changes made due to the serious illness or death of the passenger or the passenger’s close family member.
- Changes made by an elite status FRONTIER Miles member.
It’s important to note that other restrictions may apply, so it is always best to check with Frontier Airlines directly for the most up-to-date information on their change fee policies.
Frontier Airlines Flight Change Policy—The WORKS Bundles
If you purchase a WORKS bundle ticket, you will not be charged any change fee for making changes to your itinerary—as long as you do it before your flight’s check-in counters close and you’re willing to pay the difference between the old and the new airfare (if any).
Frontier Flight Change Process
What is the procedure for changing flights with Frontier Airlines?
The procedure for changing flights with Frontier Airlines is relatively straightforward. You can change the flight date, time, and/or destination on a Frontier flight online/with the mobile app, over the phone, or through your travel agent.
To change Frontier flight date, time, or destination online:
- Click on Manage Trip
- Hit the button marked Review/Change
(under My Trip)
- Enter the following information:
- Your last name
- Your 6-character flight confirmation code
(it appears as an alphanumeric code, such as FLY789 or C5CEKG, in the top right corner of your confirmation mail).
- Hit Search
(the flight details will appear)
- Select your flight and change it by following the prompts
- Confirm the changes
- Pay the fare difference (if any)
Your new ticket will be emailed to you as soon as your payment is received.
Note. Frontier Airlines offers different fare types, so it’s important to review the terms and conditions associated with your specific ticket before making any changes. Depending on the fare type and availability, you may be able to change your flight date or time, upgrade your seat, or even request a refund. It’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with Frontier Airlines change policies before making any modifications to your itinerary. If you need assistance or have any questions, contact the airline’s customer service team by phone or online chat.
Changes Prior to the Day of Travel
How to change your Frontier Airlines ticket before travel?
- If you’re changing a WORKS ticket prior to the day of travel:
- You won’t be charged any penalty.
- Just apply your ticket’s purchase value to your new ticket and pay the difference, if any.
- If you’re changing any standard ticket, you might be charged a penalty, depending on your ticket’s fare rules.
Frontier Airlines Same Day Flight Changes
How to change a Frontier Airlines ticket on the day of travel?
If you’re changing your ticket on the date of travel, you have the following 2 options:
- If you’re a Frontier Miles Elite-level member and qualify for standby travel, you can travel on a flight departing earlier or later on your date of travel (subject to seat availability) for no additional fee.
- You will, however, need to follow your original itinerary. This means if your original itinerary was a direct flight, you cannot add a connecting flight to your new itinerary and vice versa.
- You can also change your itinerary at your departing airport’s ticket counter or gate.
- The only risk involved in flying standby is that if you’re unable to travel on your desired flight and miss your original flight, you will have to purchase a new ticket—Frontier will not provide any additional transportation.
- The boarding order for standby flights will be determined by Frontier Airlines.
Same-day confirmed flight changes
- You also have the option to change to a flight departing earlier or later on the same day of travel. This is free of charge for Frontier Miles Elite members and the WORKS ticket holders but chargeable for others.
Other Ways to Change or Cancel Your Reservation with Frontier Airlines
If you’re having problems modifying a Frontier Airlines reservation online, call Frontier Airlines and speak with an agent.
How to Use Frontier Flight/Travel Credit?
If you have an existing flight credit balance from a cancelled flight, you can book a new flight with the credit through the website (FlyFrontier.com) as explained below.
- Book a new flight online through www.flyfrontier.com
- On the payment page, choose the Credit with Frontier option
- Enter your email address and confirmation code
(the same 6-digit code as the one appearing in your original flight booking).
- Refer to the prompts to confirm your flight booking
- Credits cannot be redeemed with cash.
- WORKS credits have a 1-year expiry date (after the issue date).
- If your credit balance is insufficient, you must pay the balance by card.
- You cannot transfer credits—they can only be redeemed by the traveler to whom they were issued.
- The name appearing on old and new reservations should be an exact match.
- You’re permitted to use your credits only once, meaning that no credit value will be left after you’ve used your credit—even if the entire value hasn’t been used by you.
Tips to Avoid Frontier Flight Change Fees
You can save on Frontier Airlines change flight fees by following these tips:
- Book your flight your flight 7 or more days in advance so that you’re allowed to change it for free within the 24-hour window.
- Buy a WORKS bundle ticket to avoid paying a change fee.
- Become an Elite-level member.
- If your flight is canceled, you can rebook a flight for free.
- If your flight is rescheduled and the new flight doesn’t suit you, you can rebook another flight for free.
- Call Frontier and ask for help.
What is Frontier Airlines Schedule Change Policy?
Frontier Airlines has a schedule change policy in place to accommodate passengers in the event of any schedule changes to their flights, such as:
- Changes to the arrival or departure time of a flight
- Changes to a flight’s frequency
- The addition or discontinuation of a route
- Changes to the aircraft type
If there is a schedule change that results in your flight’s cancellation or delay, you have the option to choose from several alternatives. These include rebooking on the next available Frontier flight at no additional cost, changing to a different flight with available seats, or receiving a refund for the unused portion of your ticket.
Frontier Airlines Change Flight Rules
Some of the important flight change rules at Frontier Airlines are as follows:
- All flight changes must be made before your flight’s check-in desks close, which is 45 minutes before departure for domestic U.S. flights and at least 60 minutes before departure for international flights.
- If you fail to make changes to your flight before departure and don’t show up for it, it will be treated as a no-show and result in the forfeiture of your ticket (except for any refundable taxes and fees).
- Changing a standard flight ticket:
- 60 or more days prior to departure is free for all passengers.
- 59 – 7 days prior to departure will cost you USD 49.
- 6 – 0 days prior to departure will cost you USD 99.
- Flight changes are free for passengers:
- Who have purchased the WORKS/PERKS bundle tickets.
- Who have purchased the Flight Flexibility option.
- Whose flights are cancelled/rescheduled and they rebook a more convenient flight to the same destination and travel class.
- Who are suddenly called for jury duty or receive a military order.
- In case of death of the passenger or serious illness of a close family member, subject to documentary proof.
Frequently Asked Questions on Frontier Change Flight Policy
Frontier has a flexible flight change policy to accommodate passengers. Here are some frequently asked questions about Frontier Airlines flight change policy to make things easy for you.
Yes, you can change a Frontier Airlines flight. However, keep in mind that:
• A change fee may apply—unless you’re holding a WORKS bundle ticket or you change your flight booking (any fare type) 60 or 60+ days ahead of departure.
• Itinerary changes are subject to fare differences (in addition to the flight change fee, if any).
◦ If your new fare is costlier, you must pay the difference.
◦ If your new fare is cheaper, the residual value will be forfeited.
• If you cancel a flight reservation, you will retain the value of your fare minus the cancellation fee as a travel credit valid for up to 90 days after cancellation.
• You don’t have to travel within the 90-day period, as long as you use your credit to book your ticket within 90 days.
• Your travel credit cannot be redeemed for cash.
You can change your flight with Frontier Airlines over the phone (call Frontier Airlines or your travel agent) or online from the homepage through the My Trips/Check-in tab.
Unless you’re changing your flight 60 or 60+ days ahead of departure (free) or within 24 hours of booking for a flight departing at least 7 days later, it will cost you USD 49 if you’re changing 7 – 59 days ahead of departure, and USD 99 if you’re changing your ticket 0 – 6 days prior to departure.
Also, you will not be charged any change fee if you’ve purchased the WORKS/PERKS bundle or the Flight Flexibility option. For change fee waivers, see the answer below.
Yes, you can change your flight on Frontier as long as you do it before your flight’s check-in desks close, which is at least 45 minutes before departure for most flights within the U.S. and at least 60 minutes prior to departure for most international flights.
Yes, you can change your reservation with Frontier Airlines (date, time, and/or destination) as long as you do it before your flight’s check-in desks close, which is at least 45 minutes before departure for domestic U.S. flights and at least 60 minutes before departure for international flights.
You can make the required changes over the phone by calling Frontier Airlines or your travel agent, or online via FlyFrontier.com (My Trips/Check-in).
Depending on your ticket’s fare conditions and when you make the changes, you may be charged a fee. WORKS bundles can be changed at no charge till the check-in desks are open, and all tickets can be changed 60 or 60+ days prior to departure without a fee. In a few other scenarios, you’re also allowed to change your reservation for free, such as if a rescheduled or cancelled flight does not suit you, you’re called for jury duty, or if a close family member dies, etc.
Flight changes are subject to any fare difference that may apply to your ticket.
Yes, you can you can change your seat on Frontier flights. If you’ve already selected a seat and want to change it, you can do it online from the homepage through the My Trips/Check-in tab by selecting your flight and following the on-screen prompts to change your seat. Alternatively, you can do it over the phone by calling Frontier Airlines or your travel agent. Remember, you must pay the applicable charges.
Frontier Airlines fee to change standard flight tickets is:
• Zero if you change 60 or more days prior to departure.
• USD 49 if you change 7 – 59 days prior to departure.
• USD 99 if you change 0 – 6 days prior to departure.
You will not be charged any change fee if you’ve purchased a WORKS/PERKS bundle ticket or the Flight Flexibility option and in a few other cases, as listed under the section titled When is Frontier Change Flight FREE?
Frontier Airlines change date fee for standard tickets that do not fall under the COVID-19 travel waiver is USD 49 if you change the date 7 – 59 days prior to departure and USD 99 if you change the date 0 – 6 days prior to departure.
However, no date change fee will be charged for cancelling your ticket (any type) 60/60+ days prior to departure, or if you’ve purchased a WORKS/PERKS bundle or the Flight Flexibility option.
Yes, you can change your Frontier flight online. Frontier Airlines offers an easy and convenient online platform where you can manage your reservations and make changes to your itinerary. Whether you need to change your flight dates, modify your passenger information, or add additional services to your booking, the online system allows you to do so with just a few clicks.
Simply log in to your Frontier account (or go to the homepage), locate your reservation, and follow the prompts to make the desired changes.
Yes, you can. Visit the Frontier Airlines website, select the My Trip/Check-in tab, enter your reservation details (last name and confirmation code), and navigate to the option for changing your flight. Keep in mind that changing your return flight may be subject to fees or fare differences, so it’s important to review the terms and conditions before proceeding. Once you’ve selected your new return date, make sure to confirm the changes and receive your updated itinerary. If you encounter any difficulties or have specific questions regarding the process, contact Frontier Airlines customer service for assistance.
You can change your Frontier flight date by phone or online via the My Trips/Check-in tab, as long as you do it before your flight’s check-in desks close.
You can change the flight time with Frontier Airlines:
• Over the phone by calling Frontier Airlines or your travel agent.
• From the homepage through the My Trips/Check-in tab.
If your new flight is costlier, you must pay the fare difference.
You can change your flight for free if you’re changing a standard flight ticket 60 or 60+ days prior to departure, or if you’ve purchased a WORKS/PERKS bundle or the Flight Flexibility option, and in a few other scenarios (refer to the section titled When is Frontier Change Flight FREE?).
If you’re changing your flight 7 – 59 days prior to departure, it will cost you USD 49 to change your flight, and if you’re changing your flight 0 – 6 days prior to departure, it will cost you USD 99 to change your ticket.
Flight credits for cancelled WORKS flights expire within 1 year of the issue date. However, they can only be used once—even if you don’t use the entire value of the credit.
Frontier Airlines flight change flight phone number through official website (open 24/7 and toll-free within the U.S. and Canada) .
You can change your itinerary by phone or online through My Trip/Check-in, either free of charge or for a fee, depending on your fare type. However, you must pay the applicable fare difference. Also remember that if you’re holding a flight credit and making changes, purchases of lesser value will have no residual value.
If you’ve purchased the WORKS bundle, you can make changes to it (or refund it) without any penalty. Remember, you must change your ticket before the check-in deadline for it to retain its value. If you don’t show up for your flight without changing or cancelling it, the value of your ticket will be forfeited.