The JetBlue flight change policy in response to the coronavirus pandemic has changed. You can now change any flight scheduled for departure through June 7, 2021, without a fee—and rebook it through your ticket’s validity period online or by phone.
JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Standard Tickets
If you book your ticket on or after June 8, 2021:
- No change fee will apply for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint fares if you change at least 1 day prior to departure.
- A same-day change fee of USD 75 fee will apply for changing Blue, Blue Plus, and Mint fares, but it is free of Blue Extra fares.
- When you change the departure date or destination of your flight:
- You will only have to pay the fare difference if your new ticket is costlier.
- If your new ticket is cheaper, the difference will be credited to your account.
- You can make the changes online through Manage Trips or call JetBlue at +1-844-902-2949 or +1-800-JETBLUE. Changing by phone will cost you USD 25 per passenger.
- If you’re holding a non-refundable ticket and you’re not sure when you’ll be travelling again, you can apply for a JetBlue Travel Bank Credit. Most Travel Bank Credits are valid for 12 months from the date of original issue.
JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Mosaic Members
JetBlue has waived all change fees for Mosaic members, including the passengers on their itinerary. No change fee will apply to same-day switches, either.
JetBlue Change Fees
Changing your flight booking by phone will incur a service fee of USD 25/passenger—in addition to the change fee (if any).
- Blue Basic fares cannot be changed for free on or after June 8, 2021.
- The change fees for Blue Basic fares are:
- USD 100/passenger on routes within the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America.
- USD 100/passenger on all other routes.
- The same-day change fee for Blue, Blue Plus, and Mint fares is USD 75.
- No same-day change fee applies to Blue Extra fares.
JetBlue Change Fee Tips
If you’re making changes to your flight booking by phone, have the following information ready:
- Your flight confirmation number
- Your flight number
- Your travel date(s)
- Your (passenger’s) date of birth, contact details, etc.
If you’re changing your flight booking online, have the following information ready:
- Your confirmation code
- Your last name
- Your city of origin and destination
You will not be able to change your flight booking online if:
- You purchased your ticket with a JetBlue voucher or a travel certificate.
- You booked a special service request.
- Your return flight has a different city than the flight you originally booked.
- You purchased your ticket from a third party.
In all such scenarios, you must either call JetBlue for assistance (or the third party you purchased your ticket from).
You can use JetBlue Travel Credits to change your flight online or pay the fare difference. However, you will not be allowed to pay for the following services:
- Even More Space seats
- Baggage fees
- Unaccompanied Minor fees
- Pet fees
JetBlue Flight Rebooking Options
For all flight tickets purchased up to June 7, 2021, you can change your date of travel and destination before departure—free of charge. Starting June 8, 2021, only the following tickets can be changed free of charge: Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint, provided you change at least 1 day before departure.
To make changes to a Blue Basic fare, you will be charged a change fee of USD 100-200, depending on your route, as explained above.
If you’re holding a non-refundable flight ticket, you can:
- Cancel your flight and convert it into JetBlue Travel Bank credit (free of charge)— and utilize the credit within 12 months.
- If your new ticket is costlier, you will have to pay the fare difference.
- If your new ticket is cheaper, the balance will be credited to your JetBlue Travel Bank account.
- You can rebook your flight online through Manage Trips or call JetBlue at +1-844-902-2949 or +1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance.
How to Change Your JetBlue Flight Booking
You can change your JetBlue flight booking in the following ways:
- If you purchased your ticket directly from JetBlue, you can change your flight ticket:
- Online via Manage Trips
(retrieve your flight and follow the prompts to change it)
- By phone at +1-844-902-2949 or +1-800-JETBLUE.
- Online via Manage Trips
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, contact them directly.
- If you want to change an award ticket, you will need to:
- First, cancel it online.
- Then contact TrueBlue directly.
Note. When you cancel an award ticket, your TrueBlue points will be credited back to your TrueBlue account and any amount you paid by cash/check/credit card will be credited into your JetBlue Travel Bank account for future use within the expiration date (usually 12 months from the original date of issue).
Remember, award flight redemption rates can fluctuate with the airfares. So if the airfares go up at the time of rebooking, you will have to pay more TrueBlue points than what you paid originally.
How to Use JetBlue’s Travel Bank Credit
JetBlue’s Travel Bank Credit option appears on the payment screen of JetBlue.com. When you’re booking your ticket online, you’ll be able to view your account balance and choose how much you want to apply to your booking. To access the funds, you’ll need to log in to your TrueBlue or Travel Bank account.
If you want to pay partly by travel credit and partly by credit card, select Travel Bank as your initial form of payment. After applying the funds from your Travel Bank account, pay the balance through your credit card as you would normally do.
How to Change Your JetBlue Flight Booking Online
A screenshot of the JetBlue Manage Trips option used for changing a flight
If you booked your ticket directly from JetBlue, you can change your travel date, time, and/or destination online through Manage Trips as explained below.
- Go to JetBlue.com
- Select the Manage Trips tab
- Enter your:
- Confirmation code
- Last name
- Click on the Find Flight button
- Select the flight booking you want to change
- Make the changes by following the prompts
(incl. date, time, and/or destination)
You can also change your JetBlue flight booking through the mobile app.