Spirit Airlines Change Flight Policy
How does Spirit Airlines change flight policy work?
Per Spirit Airlines flight change policy, you can make changes to your flight booking up to 1 hour before your flight’s departure. However, you’ll be charged a change fee as shown in the table below.
Will Spirit Airlines let me change my flight for free?
Spirit Airlines will allow you to change your flight booking free of charge if:
- You modify your ticket within 24 hours of booking for a flight departing at least 7 days (168 hours) later.
- You change your reservation at least 60 days before your flight’s departure.
- You’re holding a Flight Flex option and you make changes to your ticket at least 24 hours before departure.
- You’ve purchased a Bundle It ticket (which includes Flight Flex*) and you make changes to your ticket at least 24 hours before departure.
- Your flight is delayed by 2 hours or more.
|*Spirit Airlines Flight Flex option allows you to modify your itinerary once for free. You can purchase this option online (or from a third party/travel agent). When purchasing the option online, you will see it on the Extras page.|
In all other cases, you will have to pay a change fee based on your departure date as shown below.
Spirit Airlines Change Fee
What is Spirit Airlines’ change flight fee?
If you want to change your flight date and/or time, you will be charged a change fee depending on when you make the changes, as shown in the table below. Remember, you will not be charged any change fee if you’re making changes at least 60 days before departure.
|Spirit Airlines Change Fee|
|Type of Ticket||Change Time||Change Fee|
|Standard / Award Ticket||Within 24 hours of purchase (if purchased at least 7 days before departure)||Free|
|60-plus days before departure||Free|
|59 – 7 days before departure||USD 49|
|6 – 3 days before departure||USD 79|
|2 – 0 days before departure||USD 99|
|Flight Flex / Bundle It Combo||Up to 24 hours before departure||USD 0|
|Same-Day Change||Same day||USD 99|
Spirit Airlines Change Fee—Standard and Award Tickets
Spirit Airlines’ change fee for standard and award tickets depends on when you change your flight booking. To avoid paying a change fee, you must either modify your booking within the 24-hour window or at least 60 days before departure. If you change outside of these timelines:
- A change fee of USD 49–99 will be charged, depending on when you make the changes (as shown in the table above).
- If your new flight is costlier, you’ll have to pay the difference in airfare, taxes, etc.
- If your new flight is cheaper, you’ll receive a Reservation Credit for future travel.
- The Reservation Credit can only be used by the passenger to whom the credit is issued.
Spirit Airlines Change Fee—Flight Flex Tickets
Spirit Airlines’ Flight Flex option lets you modify your itinerary once—and free of charge. You can purchase this option online, by phone, or through your travel agent. If you’re purchasing it online, it will show up on the Extras page.
After you add Flight Flex to your booking, you will be able to modify your itinerary up to 1 day (i.e., 24 hours) prior to departure—but only once. Only the fare and tax difference (if any) must be paid, as well as any additional services that you may choose to purchase.
You cannot use Flight Flex to cancel a ticket. This means if you cancel your ticket after purchasing Flight Flex, the standard cancellation fee will apply. Your refund (if you cancel) will be issued as a Reservation Credit for future travel (explained later) minus the applicable cancellation fee.
- Flight Flex can be purchased online and through select travel agents.
- You must purchase Flight Flex for all passengers on your reservation.
- Flight Flex cannot be purchased for an existing reservation—it can only be purchased at the time of booking.
- You can make only 1 modification free of charge with Flight Flex.
- You can modify the date, time, and/or origin/destination of the flight.
- You must make all modifications online at least 24 hours before departure.
- If you modify within 24 hours of departure, the standard change fee will apply.
- You must know in advance what modifications you want to make to your itinerary at the time of making the changes.
- Flight Flex cannot be used to cancel a ticket.
- Flight Flex is not available on all routes.
Spirit Airlines Same-Day Change
Can I change a flight reservation on Spirit Airlines to an earlier flight?
Spirit Airlines allows all passengers to opt for an earlier flight on the same day for USD 99. If the flight is full, you can choose the standby option at no additional charge.
Spirit Airlines Flight Schedule Change Policy
What if Spirit Airlines changed my flight time and/or schedule?
If you’re holding a confirmed reservation and Spirit Airlines changes your flight schedule due to an irregularity—such as a schedule change, omission of a stop, flight cancellation, or missed connection—you will have the option to:
- Get rebooked on the next available flight at no additional charge, or
- Obtain a refund of your ticket
If your flight was affected by more than 2 hours from the original departure time (due to cancellation/delay/schedule change), you can rebook your new flight at no additional charge:
- Between the same departure and arrival airports, and
- Within Spirit Airlines’ authorized date ranges, which is presently within 7 days of the original departure date
If you choose to rebook your flight on a different carrier, Spirit Airlines will not reimburse you in most cases.
How to Change Your Spirit Airlines Flight Reservation
How can I change my flight on Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines change policy allows you to change your flight reservation via the same channels you would use to cancel your flight reservation, i.e.:
- By phone (1-866-399-0587)
- Online through My Trips
- Via WhatsApp on 855-728-3555
- Via text on 48763
- Via direct messaging on social media
- Through a Guest Service Agent at the local airport (costliest)
Follow the steps below to make online changes to your Spirit Airlines reservation:
- Go to Spirit.com
- To access your flight, select My Trips
- On the next page, enter your last name and confirmation code
- Hit the Continue button
- On the Reservation Summary page:
- Select your flight
- Make the necessary changes by following the prompts
Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy
If your name has been misspelled by a few characters, you are allowed to fix the error free of charge. You can do this by contacting Spirit Airlines by phone (+1-866-399-0587), text (48763), WhatsApp (855-728-3555), or online. If you’re requesting online, go to Spirit.com/help, and use the click here link to attach your documents.
However, if you want to change your legal name, you must provide supporting documents and state the reason for changing your name. Your supporting documents can include a marriage license, court order, divorce decree, legal name change document, etc. You can do this online or contact Spirit Airlines by phone.
Spirit Airlines name change fee. Spirit Airlines will not charge you a name change fee for correcting misspellings and typos. However, if you’re changing your legal name and it requires reissuing your ticket, you may be charged a fee ranging from USD 49 – 99, depending on how close to your departure date you’re requesting the changes. However, if your flight is at least 60 days later, you will not be charged anything.
To know the exact name change fee or for assistance, call Spirit Airlines at +1-866-399-0587.
How to Change Your Contact Information
If you need to change your contact information, passport information, date of birth, or gender, you will need to contact Spirt Airlines Reservations (+1-866-399-0587) or send an email to Customer Support team along with your legal documents.
Spirit Airlines Flight Change Phone Number
Below are a few important contact details.
- Spirit Airlines Flight Change Phone Number +1-866-399-0587
(toll-free in U.S./Canada, open 24/7)
- Text 48763
- WhatsApp 855-728-3555
- Assistance (hearing impaired) 711 (for TTY/TTD)
- Spirit Airlines Vacations +1-954-698-0125
(Mon-Fri, 8:00am–10pm, EST), incl. holidays
Spirit Airlines Reservation Credit
Spirit Airlines’ Reservation Credit is the confirmation code you received (by email) when you cancelled your trip. You can use this 6-digit alphanumeric code to buy fares, seats, and bags—as well as purchase vacation packages and pay fees, taxes, etc. You can redeem Reservation Credits online via Spirit.com or by phone, but not through the mobile app.
How to Redeem Your Spirit Airlines Reservation Credit
You can redeem your Spirit Airlines Reservation Credit by phone or online to book a flight.
To redeem a Reservation Credit online (to book a new flight):
- Go to Spirit.com
- Enter your trip requirements
- Click on the Search Flights button
- Follow the on-screen prompts to:
- Choose your flight
- Select your bundle
- Enter the passenger details
(your personal details must be the same as those in the cancellation mail)
- Select your bags
- Choose your seat and other options
- On the payment page:
- Click on the Redeem A Voucher or Credit option
- Enter your confirmation code in the box
(it is a 6-digit alphanumeric code)
- Click on the Go button
- In the Amount to Spend box, enter the required amount (partial or full) for your reservation
- Click on the Apply Credit button
- Click on the Redeem A Voucher or Credit option
Note. If you need to pay more, enter the additional amount required plus your payment details, and pay
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your booking
You will shortly receive a booking confirmation by email, along with your flight details.
If there’s any remaining balance, it will appear as a credit balance for future travel.
- Any Reservation Credit issued post-March, 2020 has been extended till December 31, 2021. However, you must book it latest by September 30, 2021.
- You can use your Reservation Credit to make a new booking online or by phone (+1-844-902-2949).
- You cannot redeem your Reservation Credit through the mobile app.
- Any passenger on the reservation can use a Reservation Credit.
- You cannot redeem your Reservation Credit for cash.
- 60-day Reservation Credits must be booked within 60 days of their issue date.