AirAsia’s Young Passenger Traveling Alone (YPTA) Program
AirAsia does not allow children below the age of 12 years to travel alone unless they are accompanied by an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old and seated next to them throughout the flight.
Children between 12 and 16 years of age, i.e., Young Passenger Traveling Alone (YPTA), are allowed to travel alone on domestic and international flights, subject to certain conditions.
Young Passenger Traveling Alone (YPTA)—Program Details
Under AirAsia’s YPTA program:
- Children between 12 and 16 years of age can travel on the Young Passenger Traveling Alone (YPTA) program.
- It is mandatory for passengers between 12 – 18 years old to carry a valid photo ID.
- YPTAs cannot be seated next to any emergency exits.
- YPTAs will only be allowed to travel when the parent or legal guardian has signed the AirAsia YPTA Program Release Form and filled out the Identity Verification Form that is available upon request at the check-in counters.
- The parent or legal guardian must remain at the airport until the flight has departed safely.
- The official pre-boarding introduction will be provided by AirAsia but the Meet & Greet Service will be provided only if requested by the parent or guardian.
- Individuals qualifying for YPTA Program are not considered adults and cannot accompany children who are less than 12 years old.
- Children aged over 16 but below 18 years who are not travelling under the YPTA program will be considered adult passengers with no extra privileges. However, they cannot accompany a child who is under 12 years of age.
- Under-17-year-old passengers travelling unaccompanied or with a person other than their parent(s) from Davao, Philippines, must have a Permit to Travel, which can be obtained from the Davao City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO), which has a counter at the Davao International Airport’s departure lobby.
Exception. Parents/guardians are not required to sign the YPTA Program Release Form for AirAsia domestic flights within Japan, Thailand, and India unless the YPTAs are travelling on a domestic to international Fly-Thru destination. Such passengers will be provided provide pre-boarding assistance by AirAsia even if it hasn’t been requested by the parent or guardian.
AirAsia Contact Details for YPTAs
- Phone: Call +1-866-399-0587 or your country office
- Chat with AVA: For instant response and urgent assistance, you can chat with the AirAsia Virtual Allstar (AVA) available directly on the support tab of AirAsia’s website.
- Contact 24/7 via Twitter: twitter.com/AirAsiaSupport
- Contact us 24/7 via Facebook: www.facebook.com/messages/t/AirAsiaSupport
- Contact us 24/7 via WhatsApp: api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=601135165078
- Call Centers: support.airasia.com/s/call-center?language=en_GB