Japan Airlines’ Unaccompanied Minors Policy applies to children between 5 – 11 years of age travelling alone on international or domestic flights. Assistance is provided to Unaccompanied Minors both at the departure/arrival airports and onboard.
Age Restrictions for Unaccompanied Minors on Japan Airlines
- On international flights, children between 5 – 11 years (inclusive) are allowed to travel alone but only after booking the Unaccompanied Minor service. Reservations cannot be made online but they can be made by phone or by visiting a JAL Office.
- On domestic flights, the Unaccompanied Minor service (known as JAL Smile Support Service) is mandatory for children between 6 – 7 years of age if they are traveling alone and is optional for children between 8 – 11 years of age.
Unaccompanied Minor Reservations
Reservations for Unaccompanied Minors must be made by calling the JAL Reservation Center at or the city/country office in your area. When making a reservation, you will need to provide the contact information of the parent/adult legal guardian at the departure and arrival airports as well as any connecting points.
Unaccompanied Minor Fares
Unaccompanied Minors are not entitled to claim child fares. They will be charged the applicable adult fare (Standard, Saver, etc.).
Documentation for Unaccompanied Minors
For international routes, the parent/adult legal guardian must sign and submit a signed copy of the Declaration Form at the check-in counter. The form is also known as the Letter of Consent, Handling Advice, and Unaccompanied Minor Form.
On the Day of Departure (International Travel)
On the day of travel, the Unaccompanied Minor’s parent or adult legal guardian must:
- Accompany the child to the airport.
- Present a signed copy of the Declaration Form at the check-in counter. The form includes the name, address, and phone numbers of the person who will:
- Accompany the child to the airport.
- Meet the child at a stopover point.
- Receive the child at the arrival airport.
- Hand over the child/Unaccompanied Minor to a JAL staff member.
- Itineraries with connecting flights have additional restrictions.
- Children below 5 years must be accompanied by a parent/adult guardian.
JAL Family Service
Japan Airlines Family Service is a unique service offered to children between 12 – 15 years old who are travelling on Flex, Semi-Flex, and similar fares if they are visiting family outside Japan or returning from such a trip (to Japan). The service is provided at the departure and arrival airports, on-board, and during transfer.
|Important note The JAL Family Service has been suspended if you’re arriving at the following airports: San Francisco International Airport Hong Kong International Airport Dalian International Airport Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport|
Services offered include:
- Checking in and boarding assistance at the departure airport
- Inflight service to make your journey more comfortable—such as baby beds, diapers, a JAL BABY CRUISE comprising baby food for infants below 2 years of age as well as children above 2 years, and a spoon and an apron.
- Arrival assistance from the aircraft to the lobby.
- Transfer assistance to connecting flights (JAL/codeshare).
Conditions of eligibility
Japan Airlines’ Family Service applies to:
- The following fare types: F/A/Z/J/C/D/X/I/U/W/Y. As an exception, all booking classes are included for passengers travelling between November 16, 2020, and April 30, 2022. Special discount fares and Individual Inclusive Tour Fares are not included, however.
- Passengers travelling on International Award Tickets can avail of the Family Service if they’re flying on Business or First Class.
- The following passengers can also avail of the Family Service:
- A spouse travelling alone
- A spouse travelling with an under-16 child
- A child between 12 and under 16 years of age
- A family member who is at least 60 years old
- Children under 16 and adults, provided that the number of children exceeds the number of adults
Note. The Family Service is not available for passengers travelling on codeshare flights operated by partner airlines.
How to Apply for the Family Service
- Call JAL International Reservations at or the JAL Office in your city/country at least 2 days before departure.
- You will be required to provide the following information:
- Purpose of travelling
(overseas transfer/visiting a family member, etc.)
- Name of the family member, relationship, and company name
- Phone numbers (home and office)
- The number of children you’re travelling with, along with name and age
- Purpose of travelling
- You will be provided a Family Service Sticker at the check-in counter.
Note. If you’re travelling during peak season (March 20 – April 10, July 20 – August 31), you must call JAL International Reservations at least 7 days before departure.
JAL Smile Support Service—Unaccompanied Minors on Domestic Flights
The JAL Smile Support Service is available for children travelling alone on domestic flights in Japan. It is mandatory for children aged 6 – 7 years old and optional for children up to 11 years of age.
Pre-flight Preparation Tips for Domestic JAL Flights
- Make a Reservation
Book the ticket online or by phone and then call Special Assistance at 0120-25-0001 to request a service for Children Travelling Alone. This number is toll-free if you’re calling from Japan.
Note. You cannot book tickets online for children aged 6 – 7 years. You must contact the Special Assistance Desk.
- Fill out the Request Form
- You will need to download, print, fill out, and submit the Request Form for Children Traveling Alone at the check-in counter (for each child). Although you can fill out the form at the airport, doing this in advance will save you time at the airport.
- For round-trips, you’ll need to fill out 2 forms, one for each leg of the trip. If the itinerary includes connecting flights, you will need to notify the check-in counter agent and/or enter the connecting flight’s number in the Remarks section.
- Select a Seat for Your Child
You can select a seat after booking your ticket—up to 20 minutes before departure. For safety reasons, Unaccompanied Minors cannot occupy exit-row seats.
- Check in
You must check-in your child at a JAL Smile Support Counter at least 30 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
- The child’s parent/adult guardian must be with the child during check-in.
- A signed consent form is required for children aged between 6 and 7 years, in addition to the Request Form for Children Travelling Alone.
- You cannot use automated check-in kiosks for Unaccompanied Minors.
- If your child is travelling during peak season (summer, winter, and holidays), be sure to reach the airport early due to heavy congestion.
Location of Special Assistance Counters in Japan
|Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)||South Wing5||North Wing15|
|Osaka International Airport (Itami)||4|
|Narita International Airport||1|
|Chubu Centrair International Airport (Nagoya)||N counter front|
|New Chitose Airport||1|
|Note. At airports not listed above, you can stop by any manned check-in counter.|
- Accompany Your Child to the Gate
Japan Airlines allows parents and guardians to accompany their children to the gate. Be sure to inform the staff at the boarding gate that your child will be travelling alone.
At the Arrival Airport
- A JAL staff member will escort your child to the arrival lobby.
- Ask the person who will pick up your child to wait by the sign shown below:
- Children will be preboarded, looked after, and assisted.
- The Kids Taxi service at Haneda Airport will pick up and drop your child to/from Haneda Airport.
- Ask your child to switch off the mobile phone or switch to airplane mode before boarding.
- Inflight toys will be provided to children.