According to Hawaiian Airlines Unaccompanied Minors policy, children between 5 and 11 years (inclusive) who are not travelling with a passenger who is at least 15 years old are considered Unaccompanied Minors.
- On domestic flights (i.e., Hawaii and North America)
- Children between 5–11 years (inclusive) can travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors after booking the service for a fee.
- Children who are 12 years or older can travel alone or as Unaccompanied Minors if they wish (after booking the service).
- On international flights
Hawaiian Airlines does not offer the Unaccompanied Minors service on international flights.
- Children between 12 through 18 can travel alone but may need additional documentation if traveling with only one parent or without a parent.
- Children between 5–11 years are not allowed to travel alone as unaccompanied minors on international flights.
- Children below 12 years must be accompanied by an adult companion who is at least 18 years of age and is traveling on the same flight and compartment.
Documentation for Unaccompanied Minors
The parent or responsible adult guardian of the Unaccompanied Minor must:
- Fill out the required documentation.
- Provide a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Provide the name, address, and phone number of the person who will be picking up the child at the destination airport and an alternate person’s number also authorized to pick up the minor, if possible.
How to Book the Unaccompanied Minor Service with Hawaiian Airlines
To book the unaccompanied minor service for your child:
- Contact Hawaiian Airlines Reservations and ask for assistance.
- Fill out the Unaccompanied Minor form and present it to a Hawaiian Airlines staff member at check-in.
Unaccompanied Minors Service Fee
The service fee for Unaccompanied Minors is payable at the time of checking in.
This is in addition to the full adult fare.
|Age||Unaccompanied Minor Service||Route||Mandatory Fee|
|1–4 years||Not allowed||NA||NA|
|5–11 years||Required||— Non-stop within Hawaii — Non-stop between Hawaii and North America — International||— USD 35/flight segment— USD 100/flight segment— Not allowed|
- You can pay a single-passenger fee for up to 2 immediate family children between 5–11 years old, with the same pick-up and drop-off details.
- If more than 2 children are traveling from the same family, you will have to pay for each additional child.
Off-Limit Flights for Unaccompanied Minors
Unaccompanied Minors are not permitted to fly on the following flights:
- Flights departing from 9:00pm–5:00am, unless it:
- Operates from Honolulu, Hawaii, and
- Is the day’s only flight
- International flights including those to/from American Samoa
- Any flight requiring an overnight stay
- Codeshare flights
- Connecting flights to/ from other carriers
(except connecting on flights between Hawaiian Airlines and ‘Ohana by Hawaiian operated by Empire Airlines)
- Select Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaiian Airlines connecting flights (per the following restrictions):
- Unaccompanied Minors are not permitted to travel on the day’s last connecting flight.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not permitted to travel on connecting flights with a connection time exceeding 2 hours.
(Note. If the next connecting flight’s departure is more than 2 hours after the previous flight’s arrival time, the unaccompanied minor must be booked on the flight the same day instead of a later flight. If seats on that flight are not available at the time of booking, the child will have to travel another day when such conditions can be met).
- If an unaccompanied child’s flight is likely to be delayed or there are chances of a misconnection, Hawaiian Airlines may change the flight schedule and departure date.
Guidelines for Unaccompanied Minors—How to Drop Off and Pick up Your Child
To ensure a smooth and secure journey, the child’s parent or guardian must follow these guidelines.
- Escort the unaccompanied minor(s) to the airport.
- Fill out the required documentation
- Provide Hawaiian Airlines with the contact details (i.e., name, phone number, and address) of the parent or adult guardian who will be meeting the unaccompanied minor at the destination.
- Escort the unaccompanied minor to the gate and remain there till the flight departs.
- Pick up the unaccompanied minor from the destination airport’s designated area upon arrival.
- If the pickup airport provides gate passes, arrive at least 90 minutes before the flight’s scheduled arrival time.
- The name of the parent or adult guardian meeting the child must be listed on the unaccompanied minor form that was submitted at the departure airport.
To download and complete the Unaccompanied Minor form that you will need to present at check-in, click here.
For more information:
- Call the Hawaiian Airlines office in your area, or
- Visit the local sales office