Children between 6 and under 16 can use the Unaccompanied Minors Service (UMNR)
Bangkok Airways provides the Unaccompanied Minors service (UMNR) to children between 6 and under 12 years of age who are traveling without a guardian.
For children between 12 and under 16, known as Young Passengers (YP), the UMNR service is optional. This means if you don’t opt for the UNMR service, the Young Passenger will be treated as an adult passenger—and will not receive any service or assistance if the flight gets delayed.
Unaccompanied Minor Reservations
You must book the Unaccompanied Minor service at least 24 hours before departure by calling the Bangkok Airways Reservations Office or Call Center. After you book the service, you will receive a confirmation with an SSR code (UMNR) on the minor passenger’s reservation.
When booking the service, have the following information ready:
- The name, address, and phone number of the person
- Who will bring your child to the airport
- Who will receive your child on arrival
- Passport and birth details of the child
How to Book the Unaccompanied Minors Service on Bangkok Airways
You can book the unaccompanied minors service by phone through the numbers given below:
- Within Thailand 1771
- In/around Thailand +66 2270 6699 (8am–8pm)
- USA +1-844-903-1897 (24/7 toll-free)
- Canada +1-844-903-1897 (24/7 toll-free)
- Singapore +65 6545 8481
- The United Kingdom and Ireland (Crawley) +44 (0) 1293 813961
- Mumbai +9122 6621 3809-11
- Ahmedabad +91 79 40216501-02
- Bengaluru +91 80 2222 2938
- Chennai +91 44 4295 9631
- Hyderabad +91 40 6678 4050
- Kolkata +91 33 2287 1230, +91 33 2287 2550
- Israel (Tel Aviv) +972-3-795 2111
- Japan (Tokyo) +81 (3) 6450 1802
- South Africa (Johannesburg) +27 11 289 8010
- Korea (Seoul) 82-2-755-5020
- Other Countries Click here
Guidelines for Unaccompanied Minors
The parent/adult guardian who is accompanying the minor to the airport must carry:
- A valid ID with address (as shown in the application).
- A current cellphone number
Boarding and takeoff
- The parent or adult guardian must:
- Bring the child to the airport’s check-in counter.
- Fill out the UMNR form (available at the check-in counter).
- Bring a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Remain at the airport until the flight takes off.
- A Bangkok Airways staff member will board the child and introduce her/him to the flight crew.
During the flight
- The flight crew will make sure your child is safe and comfortable.
- If taking a connecting flight within 4 hours from the same terminal building, your child will be transferred by a Bangkok Airways staff member to the connecting carrier.
- Ask your child to wait for a crew member to escort him/her to the gate after landing.
Arrival and pick-up
At the arrival airport, the designated adult guardian (per the application form) must:
- Reach the airport before the flight’s scheduled arrival.
- Carry a valid photo ID.
- Receive your child at the gate.
Some countries may have additional restrictions for unaccompanied minors as well as children traveling with guardians, so always check in advance from Bangkok Airways, or the destination country’s local consulate office or website.
Unaccompanied Minors Fees
Bangkok Airways charges Unaccompanied Minors the price of an adult’s ticket, ranging from booking classes H to Y.
Conditions of Travel for Young Passengers (YP)
- Children between 12 and under 16 years old travelling alone are known as Young Passengers (YP) on Bangkok Airways.
- Young Passengers are allowed to travel alone without booking the Unaccompanied Minor Service (UMNR), but can be booked under the service. If a Young Passenger is booked under the UMNR service, all UMNR rules and procedures will apply.
- There are no additional documentation requirements for Young Passengers travelling alone.
- Young Passengers travelling alone are allowed to carry an infant. However, if they’re travelling as Unaccompanied Minors, they will not be allowed to carry an infant passenger onboard.