Domestic and international flight requirements for Minors on Philippine Airlines
Per Philippine Airlines’ Unaccompanied Minors (UM) policy, children between 8 – 11 years of age are allowed to travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors—both on PAL flights and PAL Express domestic flights. For children between 12 and 17 years (inclusive), the service is optional.
The international and domestic flight requirements for minors travelling alone (Young Passengers Travelling Alone, YPTA) on Philippine Airlines are as follows:
- Children between 8 – 11 years (inclusive) can only travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors on international and domestic (PAL Express) flights after booking the service—this is mandatory.
- For children between 12 – 17 years (inclusive), the service is optional.
- Children below 8 years cannot travel alone or as Unaccompanied Minors—they must be accompanied in the same cabin by a passenger who is at least 18 years old.
- The Unaccompanied Minor’s parent or adult guardian must complete and submit the Unaccompanied Minor (UM) handling advice form before the travel date.
- Country Regulations
- Philippine passport holders require an Authority to Travel clearance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) to travel on international flights.
- Non-Philippine passport holders may require exit clearance for which they should check with their embassies.
- Unaccompanied minors traveling domestically to and from Davao are not permitted to travel alone without clearance from the Punong Barangay or from the City Social Services and Development Office, City of Davao.
- At the Departure, Stopover, and Arrival Airports
- The Unaccompanied Minor’s parent or adult guardian must accompany the child to the airport.
- The child will be provided the following at the departure airport:
- An Unaccompanied Minor badge.
- An envelope containing the child’s travel documents.
- The Unaccompanied Minor must be met:
- At the stopover point by the person designated in the Unaccompanied Minor (UM) Form.
- At the arrival airport by the person designated in the Unaccompanied Minor (UM) Form.
- Unaccompanied Minors Fare and Service Fee
- Unaccompanied Minors will be charged the full fare plus a service fee.
- The Unaccompanied Minors service fee is as follows:
- Between Manila and the United States/Canada/London USD 100
- Between the Philippines and:
- Asia/Port Moresby/Guam USD 50
- The UAE/Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Kuwait USD 75
- Australia/New Zealand USD 70
- Within the Philippines PHP 500
- The Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee (UMSF) is charged on a per-sector basis and must be paid upon the ticket’s issuance.
- Partially issued tickets will be reissued to reflect the full fare and subject to additional fares and taxes over and above the service fee.
- Is the Unaccompanied Minors service fee refundable on Philippine Airlines?
Yes, the Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee (UMSF) can be refunded if:
- The passenger does not want to take the flight.
- An adult is ready to accompany the child on the trip.
- The Unaccompanied Minor rebooks the flight and turns 12 years on the date of the new flight.
- The flight is disrupted or canceled.
|Forms Required||Documents Required|
|Unaccompanied Minor (UM) handling advice form||May include:Passport Visa Re-entry permit Exit clearance for foreign nationalsHealth documents Other documentation required by the destination country|
Reservations, Inquiries and Information