ANA generally does not allow name changes after PNR creation. However, if your name appears incorrectly, ANA allows name corrections on all its tickets without penalty—even if it means reissuing a ticket. However, ANA does not allow name substitutions that result in a change of passengers. When making a name correction, the name on your ticket must match the name on your government-issued photo ID card.
Name Corrections Permitted by ANA
What type of name corrections are permitted by ANA?
ANA allows you to make the following corrections to your name:
- Misspellings, i.e., name spelling corrections
- A correction to your initial, name title, and/or gender
- A correction to the order in which your first name and family name appears
- Addition/deletion of the middle name
- A change of surname to due marriage or divorce
- A correction to an incorrectly entered name (incl. misread kanji)
Under what conditions can I make a name correction on ANA?
To make a name correction on an ANA ticket, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your ticket must be an All Nippon Airways ticket (NH 205)
- All flights on your ticket must be operated by ANA. If your itinerary includes a flight operated by a different carrier, call ANA Sales Support Desk.
- When making a name correction, you cannot change your flight or travel dates.
- Your ticket can only be reissued once for a name correction.
- Additional name corrections will incur a change fee and may also be subject to a fare increase.
ANA Name Change Fee
What is ANA Airlines’ name change fee like?
ANA allows you to make your first name correction for free. A one-time reissue fee waiver applies to all first name corrections, as long as the corrections do not result in a change of passengers.
If you make any additional corrections to your name, you will have to pay a flight change fee applicable to your fare type and route, plus any additional fare if your fare has increased in the meantime.