According to the Korean Air name change policy, the name on the ticket must exactly match the name on your passport or other legal ID. If it doesn’t, you may not be allowed to board your flight.
A few important points to bear in mind if you want to change the name on your ticket:
- A complete name change amounting to a change of passenger is not permitted unless you’ve legally changed your name.
- If you’ve legally changed your name and the old name appears on your ticket, you must request a name change through a Korean Air Service Center or Branch Office before you travel.
- If you’ve legally changed your name and you’re a SkyPass member, you must update it (before travelling) in your SkyPass account online, through a Korean Air Service Center, or Branch Office.
- If your name is incorrectly spelled on your ticket, you must have it corrected immediately before your travel—through a Korean Air Service Center or Branch Office.
- If your name is incorrectly spelled on your ticket and you’re a SkyPass member, you can correct the error by yourself online, or request a Korean Air Service Center or Branch Office to correct the error before you travel.
Korean Air Legal Name Change
If you’ve changed your name legally, you must ensure that the correct name appears on your ticket before you travel. To make a legal name change, you must:
- Contact Korean Air at (or the Korean Air Office in your city/country), or the Korean Air Branch Office in your city/country.
- Provide a copy of your legal ID before and after the application, or include a copy of your resident registration showing the name change in your personal application.
- Collect your ticket with the correct name.
Korean Air Name Corrections/Misspellings
If the name on your ticket contains typographical errors, you must have the errors corrected before travelling. To correct the error/misspelling:
- Call Korean Air at (or the local office in your city/country).
- Provide a copy of your legal ID with the correctly spelled name.
- Obtain a copy of your newly issued ticket with the correctly spelled name.
Korean Air SkyPass Name Change
To change your Korean Air SkyPass name:
- Log in to your SkyPass Account
- Click on My Profile
- Select Edit Profile
- Follow the prompts to make the required changes
- Ensure that you upload a copy of the required documentation
Frequently Asked Questions on Korean Air Name Change Policy
Yes, if you’ve legally changed your name, you must change the name in your SkyPass account to ensure it matches your correct legal name.
You can make the changes online via My Profile 🡪 Edit Profile after logging in to your SkyPass account. Alternatively, you can request the name change through a Korean Air Service Center or branch office (but not at the airport). When making a name change, you must include your IDs (old and new) or an abridged copy of your resident registration showing the changes in personal information.
The name in your SkyPass account must exactly match the name that appears on your passport. If you’re correcting a spelling mistake/error, you don’t need supporting documentation. You can correct your name online by logging in to your SkyPass account and going to My Profile 🡪 Edit Profile, or by contacting a Korean Air Service Center or Branch Office. For legal name changes, you must have a copy of your valid supporting documentation.