Qatar Airways allows name corrections due to typographical errors and oversights, as well as name changes due to marriage, etc., subject to the conditions explained below.
According to Qatar Airways name change policy:
- Name corrections refer to corrections due to spelling errors or a missing part of a passenger’s name or title. Examples include corrections to the title, first name, middle name, family name (surname), or Passenger Type Codes (PTC).
- Name change refers to a complete change of the passenger’s first name, middle name, and/or family name (surname). Name changes are only allowed if a passenger has legally changed their name. Such changes are only permitted on Qatar Airways flights, codeshare or interline flights, and/or passengers booked on a 157 stock/plate.
Name Correction or Name Change Before Issuing a Ticket
Qatar Airways name change policy allows the following:
- A passenger’s first and middle name can be corrected up to a total of 3 characters by Qatar Airways or a travel agent. The 3 characters include any changes to the title, first and middle name—and not 3 characters each to the title, first and the middle name.
- The addition, deletion, or change to the date of birth (DOB) or PTC is not included in the 3-character count and can be processed by your booking source, i.e., travel agent or Qatar Airways.
- For name changes exceeding 3 characters or family name (surname) modifications, you must contact a Qatar Airways office for assistance.
- Any names change request involving a legal change of title, first name, middle name, and/or family name (surname) must be supported by legal documentation.
Name Correction or Name Change After Issuing a Ticket
Qatar Airways name change policy allows the following:
- If you want to request a name correction, or want to add, delete, or modify a ticketed infant’s name booked solely on a Qatar Airways operated flight, you must contact a Qatar Airways office for assistance.
- If you have legally changed your title, first name, middle name, and/or family name (surname), you must provide supporting legal documentation to your local Qatar Airways office.
- Qatar Airways does not permit name swapping.
- For PNRs created through Privilege Club profiles, name changes and name corrections are not permitted.
- Name corrections must be followed by the reissuance of E-tickets or they will not be accepted.
- If your itinerary includes a codeshare or an interline flight, name changes may not always be possible. In such a scenario, a new PNR will have to be issued—subject to seat availability.
- You are not allowed to swap your seat between your original and new PNR. Any flight segment associated to an incorrect name must be cancelled and presented for refund to avoid a no-show. For clarification or assistance, contact Qatar Airways.
Frequently Asked Questions on Qatar Airways Name Change Policy
A name correction of up to 3 characters can be processed either by Qatar Airways or your travel agent. These the corrections (incl. spaces) must be limited to your title, first name, and middle name. However, if you want to change your family name (surname) or if the changes involve more than 3 characters, you must contact Qatar Airways directly.
Name corrections are not possible if your itinerary includes a flight/flights not operated by QR. In such a scenario, a new ticket may have to be booked under the rules that apply. If you purchased your ticket from a third party such as a travel agent or a QR trade partner and your flight’s departure is more than 96 hours ahead, you must contact them directly to process your request.
If you have legally changed your title, first name, middle name, and/or family name (surname), you must submit the legal documentation to your nearest Qatar Airways Reservations office or contact customer care to help you process your request.
If you purchased your ticket from a third party and your flight is at least 96 hours away, you must contact the third party directly for assistance.
If you’re making a name correction by phone, at a ticket office, or at the airport, you will be charged a service fee starting from USD 25.
You can change your name (title, first name, middle name, and/or last name) on a Qatar Airways ticket if it includes spelling mistakes or a missing part of your name. Name corrections (title, first, and middle name) of up to a total of 3 characters (incl. spaces) can be processed by your booking source, but name corrections exceeding 3 characters or involving the last name (surname) can only be processed by a Qatar Airways office. However, if you have legally changed your name (or a part of it), you must provide legal documentation to your nearest Qatar Airways office.
If you have legally changed your name after marriage, you must provide proper legal documentation to your local Qatar Airways office to support your claim, and request them to change the name appearing on your ticket.
Hello good day I’m de paula i will like to ask about my concern i book my wife and daugther in your compy going to brazil the issue is her name and my daugther name something wrong my wife name us : SURAYA MAROHOMSALIK DE PAULA and you put SURAYAMAROHOMSALIKDAPAULA her name have a space and my daugther is :CHLOE MAROHOMSALIK DE PAULA and you put :CHLOEMARODEPAULA this is our ticket number and name: P66***:DE PAULA i hope you can respond my concern as soon as possible
i want to correct the name (spelling)
I have a misspelled name on my priveledge card .. instead of charito ,, I misspelled it as chatiro.. how can I change it?