Planning a trip can be exciting, but sometimes things don’t go as planned. If you’ve booked a flight with easyJet and need to make changes or corrections to your name, you may be wondering what the airline’s policy is. In this blog post, we’ll explore easyJet name change policy and provide you with all the information you need to know to fix the problem. The good news is that EasyJet allows passengers to change the name on their tickets. Changing the name on a ticket is free, whether you do it online (up to 3 characters only) or by phone through Customer Service if you need to make more changes. However, changing the name to someone else is chargeable.
Name Change with easyJet—Points to Remember
When making a name change with easyJet, it’s important to be aware of the key points below. Changing your name on a flight booking can be a complex process, but with the right information and guidance, it can be done smoothly. The section below provides a few helpful tips on easyJet name change process. Do go through them if you need to make a name change (or correction) on easyJet.
- You must ensure that your full name (incl. the middle name) is spelled correctly on your booking confirmation and boarding pass and that it matches the ID you’re using for your trip. If it doesn’t, you must correct or change the name on your flight ticket as soon as possible.
- You can make name corrections online (or with the mobile app) via Manage Bookings > Change Names or by phone through Customer Service. You won’t be charged for making a name correction online (title or spelling mistake of up to 3 characters), but more changes or a change of ticket to another passenger will incur a name change fee.
- You can correct titles and spelling mistakes of up to 3 characters free of charge online. To change more, you’ll have to contact Customer Service.
- Name corrections beyond 3 characters and changing the passenger’s name to someone else’s name will incur a name change fee of £55 (online) and £60 (via Customer Service). However, you’re not allowed to re-sell your ticket to someone else.
- After making a name change or correction online, you must check in for your flight again and reprint your boarding pass.
- The deadline to correct or change a passenger name on easyJet is:
- At least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight if requested online or via Customer Service, and
- At least 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time if requested at the airport’s Bag Drop counter, or the check-in deadline for your flight (whichever is earlier)
- Name changes on tickets booked through travel agents must be requested through the travel agent (or their booking system), as long as the change is processed at least 2 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time. You may also be charged a fee, depending on the travel agent’s terms and conditions.
easyJet Name Change Fee
Correcting titles and spelling mistakes of up to 3 characters is free on easyJet. However, if you’re making more changes or changing the name to someone else’s, you’ll be charged a name change fee of £55 for making the change online and £60 for making the change through Customer Service. The important thing to remember is that you’re not allowed to sell your ticket to another person.
How to Change the Name on an easyJet Flight?
You can change the name on an easyJet flight ticket online or through Customer Service.
Name changes/corrections of up to 3 characters and title changes are free of charge. However, name changes/corrections exceeding 3 characters, legal name changes, and passenger name changes to another person through Customer Service are chargeable.
How to make a name change online on easyJet?
To make a name change online on easyJet, sign in to your easyJet account with your email and password. If you don’t have an account, go to the homepage (easyJet.com) and click on Manage Bookings. Then select Find Booking and access your booking with your Surname and Booking reference number. After accessing your flight booking, click on the Change a passenger name option appearing next to your flight. Then tick the box to indicate the passenger’s name that should be changed, provide the new/correct name details, and click on the Continue button.
On the next page, you’ll be shown your current confirmed booking and underneath it, your amended booking details will be displayed. Click on the Confirm button to proceed with the changes and view the cost breakdown (if any). You can now choose to cancel the changes or make more changes if you want.
Finally, complete the payment details (if any) to proceed, and click on the Confirm Changes button. You will receive your new itinerary with your updated/correct name at the email ID provided by you when you booked your ticket.
- Online name changes and corrections:
- Are permitted only if you booked your original ticket online, through the app, or a travel agency.
- Are free only for up to 3 characters.
- Name changes that cannot be made online must be requested through Customer Service.
Frequently Asked Questions on easyJet Name Change Policy
If you’ve ever booked a flight with easyJet and realized that your name has been misspelled or needs to be changed, you’re not alone. Many passengers find themselves in the same situation and wonder what steps they need to take to correct the name on their booking. This section answers some of the most frequently asked questions about changing or correcting your name with easyJet. We’ll provide you with all the information you need to know, including the process, any fees involved, and any important deadlines you should be aware of.
Yes, you can change or correct the name on any easyJet flight up to 2 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. You can also change the passenger’s name to someone else’s by paying a name change fee.
Titles and spelling mistakes of up to 3 characters are free on easyJet flights. Changes beyond that will cost you £55 if you make the change or correction online and £60 if you make the change or correction through Customer Service
easyJet name change policy allows free online corrections to name titles or spelling errors of up to only 3 characters. Anything more than this will incur a name change fee, unless the error was caused by easyJet.
easyJet name correction is free only if the error relates to a name title or a misspelling of not more than 3 characters and the correction is made online through the airline’s website. You will also not be charged any fee if the error was caused by easyJet.
Yes, you must correct a spelling mistake on your easyJet ticket to ensure that you’re not prevented from checking in and boarding your flight.
Changing a name on a ticket is free on easyJet if you correct a title or a misspelling of up to 3 characters online through the airline’s website or mobile app, or if easyJet caused is responsible for the error.
Yes, there is a fee for changing the name on your easyJet ticket, unless you’re correcting a title or misspelling of up to 3 characters online (free) through easyJet’s website.
Yes, you can correct or change the name on your ticket online through the Manage Bookings section on easyJet’s website.
Yes, you can transfer your ticket to someone else by changing the name on your booking, provided you don’t re-sell your ticket.
You will need to provide valid identification documents for both yourself and the person you are transferring the ticket to.
No, you’re only allowed one name change per ticket.
If you’re making the name change or correction online, with the mobile app, or through a travel agent, you must do it at least 2 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. If you’re making the name change or correction at the airport, you must do it at least 90 minutes before departure or before the check-in deadline for your flight, whichever is earlier.
Whether you can refund your ticket or not will depend on easyJet refund policy.