KLM Airlines provides a variety of check-in options for the convenience of its passengers, including online and mobile check-in, self-service kiosks, traditional check-in counters at the airport, and SkyPriority check-in.
KLM Check-in Time
KLM’s flight check-in times vary depending on the departure airport and destination. Online check-in typically opens 30 hours prior to departure for flights within Europe and 24 hours prior to departure for intercontinental flights incl. those to/from the United States. If you prefer to check in at the airport, KLM recommends arriving at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time for European flights and at least 3 hours before departure for intercontinental flights, incl. to the U.S.
- By when must I check in online at KLM?
- For Flights to/from the U.S, the online check-in time is 24 hours – 1 hour prior to departure.
- For Other Flights, you can check in 30 hours – 1 hour prior to departure.
For flights to/from Mumbai, Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya, the online check-in time is 30 hours – 1.5 hours prior to departure.
- What is the mobile app check-in time at KLM?
KLM’s mobile app check-in time is the same as the online check-in time above.
- When can I check in at the self-service kiosk for my KLM flight?
- For European Flights, you can check in from 2 hours – 40 minutes prior to flight departure.
- For Intercontinental Flights (incl. to/from the U.S.), the self-service kiosk check-in time is from 3 hours – 60 minutes before flight departure.
- You should arrive at the airport a minimum of:
- 2 hours prior to departure from an airport in Europe.
- 2 – 3 hours before departure from an airport in the Middle East, The Antilles, or the Caribbean.
- 3 – 4 hours prior to departure from an airport in Asia, North America, South America, or Africa.
- The self-service kiosks are open throughout the day of departure at Amsterdam Schiphol airport, and the check-in counters and baggage drop-off open at 04:30am.
- Check-in start time:
- Osaka: Check-in starts 2 hours before departure
- Moscow: Check-in starts 2.5 hours before departure
- Split: Check-in commences 3 hours prior to departure
- Delhi and Lagos: Check-in starts 4 hours before departure
- Mexico City: 4 Check-in starts 5 hours before departure
- Paramaribo: Check-in starts 5 hours before departure
- Check-in and baggage drop-off cut-off deadline
- Amsterdam: The check-in and bag drop counters close 60 minutes prior to departure for non-Europe flights
- Istanbul: The check-in and bag drop counters close 60 minutes before the scheduled departure
- Bonaire: The check-in and bag drop counters close 70 minutes before departure
- Guayaquil: The check-in and bag drop counters close 70 minutes before departure
- Freetown: The check-in and bag drop counters close 80 minutes before departure
- Lagos: The check-in and bag drop counters close 90 minutes prior to departure
- Accra: The check-in and bag drop counters close 120 minutes before departure
- Paramaribo: The check-in and bag drop counters close 120 minutes before departure
- When should I check in at the airport?
You can check in from an airport desk:
- For European Flights, you can check in 2 hours – 40 minutes before departure.
- For Intercontinental Flights (incl. to/from the United States), you can check in 3 hours – 1 hour before departure.
When checking in at the airport desk, you can:
- Check-in your luggage
- Pay for extra/overweight bags
- Collect your boarding pass
- Make a seat selection
- Change your seat selection
- Some airports in the United States do not accept boarding passes printed at home, but only those printed at an airport check-in desk or a self-service kiosk.
- Airport desk check-ins can be busy, so be sure to reach the airport early.
- You must check in at the airport counter if:
- Online or self-service kiosk check-in facilities are not available at the airport.
- You’ll be requiring special assistance at the airport and are traveling alone or without a passenger who is at least 15 years old.
- If you travel by train from Brussels South Railway Station/Antwerp Central Station to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
- You’re traveling with a pet (in which case you must arrive a minimum of 3 hours before departure with all your completed forms.
- When can I check in with SkyPriority?
If you qualify for SkyPriority (indicated on your boarding pass)—the quickest way for checking in—you’ll be able to check in at the airport:
- From 2 hours – 40 minutes prior to departure for European Flights.
- From 3 hours – 1 hour prior to departure for intercontinental flights, incl. to/from the United States.
Passengers who are eligible for SkyPriority check-in include:
- Business and First Class passengers
- Platinum and Flying Blue Gold members
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members
KLM Online Check-in Process | KLM Web Check-in
How do I check in online for a KLM flight?
Online check-in for KLM flights is a convenient and time-saving option for passengers. By checking in online, you can avoid long lines at the airport and save time. To check in online for a KLM flight, simply visit the KLM website, enter your booking details, and follow the steps provided below to complete the check-in process.
Online check-in typically opens 30 hours before the scheduled departure time (24 hours for flights to/from the U.S.) and closes 1 hour prior to departure.
For checking in online, you need an internet connection to follow these steps:
- Head to KLM.com
- Click on Check-in
- For checking in with your:
- Ticket number or booking code, enter your flight number
- Loyalty program number, enter your loyalty program number and flight number
- Hit the Check in button
- Select your flight and check in
When checking in online, you can also select or change your seat, pay for baggage, book a meal, and download your e-boarding pass.
Note. In exceptional cases, you will only be able to check in at the airport’s check-in desk.
KLM Mobile Check-in
How to mobile check-in for a KLM flight
If you’re holding a confirmed booking, you can perform your KLM flight check-in with KLM’s mobile app from 30 hours to 1 hour before flight departure (24 hours if your flight is to/from the United States). Mobile check-ins work for most KLM flights and save you the hassle of printing your boarding pass or lining up at the airport.
You can also use the KLM mobile app to:
- Book your flights and other services
- Choose your seat
- Choose special meals and purchase baggage
- Check in
- Get live flight information
- Get your electronic boarding pass
- Cancel your reservation
- Receive important flight notifications
(delays, gate changes, etc.)
- Manage your KLM and Flying Blue account
- Contact KLM through WhatsApp and Messenger
After you check in, you will receive your electronic mobile boarding pass on your device that you can scan at the airport.
If online check-in is not accepted at your airport, you will need to check in physically at the airport desk.
Follow these Steps for Airport Kiosk Check-in
You can use a self-service kiosk:
- At Schiphol—on the day of your flight’s departure.
- At other airports—a minimum of 2 hours before departure.
How to check in from a self-service kiosk?
- Insert any of the following:
- Your passport
- Your frequent-flyer card
- Your booking code
You can also do the following when checking in at a self-service kiosk:
- Choose your seat, special meal, and baggage
- Upgrade your seat and pay for it
- Get a printout of your boarding pass
Passengers Not Eligible for Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
The following passengers are not eligible for self-service kiosk check-in—and will need to physically check in at the airport desk at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines:
- Unaccompanied minors
- Passengers traveling with pets
- Passengers requiring special assistance and unaccompanied by a passenger who is at least 15 years old
Follow these Steps for Airport Desk Check-in
You can check in physically at the airport desk:
- For European Flights. From 2 hours to 40 minutes before your flight’s departure.
- For Intercontinental Flights. From 3 hours to 60 minutes before your flight’s departure.
After you show your valid travel documents at the airport desk:
- You’ll be able to check your bags
- You’ll be assigned a seat
- You’ll be given your boarding pass
What is SkyPriority and How it Can benefit You?
SkyPriority is an exclusive service offered by KLM Airlines at over 1,000 airports worldwide. This premium service is available for select passengers, including those traveling on KLM Business Class tickets, Economy Class Flex tickets within Europe, Flying Blue members with Gold and Platinum status, and SkyTeam Elite Plus members.
The SkyPriority service offers a range of benefits to its eligible customers, such as priority check-in, priority boarding, priority baggage handling, access to fast-track security checkpoints, and faster passport clearance and security. By providing dedicated resources and personalized attention to passengers, the SkyPriority service ensures a seamless and stress-free travel experience for its valued customers.
If you are eligible for the SkyPriority service, accessing it is easy. Simply look for the SkyPriority logo on your boarding pass or use the SkyPriority Finder to enjoy the benefits. When you arrive at the airport, keep an eye out for the SkyPriority signage, which will help guide you to the dedicated lanes and checkpoints for an expedited travel experience.
Follow these Steps for SkyPriority Check-in
SkyPriority check-in process
Passengers who qualify for SkyPriority can check in at the airport:
- 2 hours – 40 minutes prior to departure for European flights.
- 3 hours – 1 hour prior to departure for intercontinental flights, incl. the U.S.
You’re eligible for SkyPriority check-in if you’re a:
- Business or First Class passenger
- Platinum or Flying Blue Gold level member
- SkyTeam Elite Plus member
Frequently Asked Questions on KLM Check-in
This FAQs section provides answers to some of the most common questions about KLM’s check-in process, including how and when to check in, what to do if online check-in is not working or if you’re not allowed to check in online, and more.
Check the embassy website of the destination country you’re visiting to learn about the exact COVID-19-related requirements.
Check the embassy website of the destination country you’re visiting to learn about the exact COVID-19-related requirements.
If you are flying on a KLM flight that is operated by Delta, you can check in online with Delta, or at their designated check-in area or counter. Delta will handle all aspects of the flight operation, including check-in, boarding, and baggage handling. When you arrive at the airport, look for the Delta check-in area or counter to begin the check-in process.
Be sure to have your itinerary and identification ready and give yourself enough time to complete the check-in process and make your way through security to your departure gate.
If you have booked a Delta flight that is being operated by KLM, you will need to check in with KLM. You can do this online through the KLM website, or at the KLM check-in desk at the airport. It is recommended that you check in online before arriving at the airport to save time and avoid any potential delays. Once you have checked in, you will receive your boarding pass and be ready to travel with ease. Don’t forget to arrive at the airport with enough time to spare before your flight.
Yes, when you check in online, you can select your seat or change it.
Yes, you can check in online at home and also print your boarding pass. However, you’ll have to drop your checked bags at KLM’s airport check-in counter before the check-in desks close.
• If your flight is within Europe, you must have checked in with your baggage at least 40 minutes before your flight’s departure.
• If your flight is intercontinental, you must have checked in with your baggage at least 60 minutes before flight departure.
If your KLM online check-in is not working, it could be because:
• You’re not eligible to check in online
• Your airport doesn’t accept online check-ins
• You require special services/assistance at the airport
If you’re not eligible to check in online for your flight, you will need to check in physically at the airport.
The problem could also be related to internet connectivity or browser issues. In case of the latter, refresh your browser and try again or try checking in through a different browser.
KLM’s online check-in time for international flights varies from 30 hours to 60 minutes prior to departure (90 minutes before departure for flights to/from Mumbai, Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya) and from 24 hours to 60 minutes prior to departure for U.S. flights.
KLM has moved from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 at London Heathrow Airport, so you’ll need to check in from Terminal 3.
KLM’s check-in desks at Edinburgh Airport open 2.5 hours before departure and close 40 minutes before departure.
You will find your KLM ticket on your ticket as well as in the confirmation email you would have received after booking your ticket. It starts with 074 and is followed by 10 more digits.
KLM offers online check-in for U.S. flights from 24 hours to 1 hour before departure. For all other flights, you can check in from 30 hours before departure (the cut-off deadline of 1 hour remains the same). However, if your flight departs to or from Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, or Mumbai, you can check in from 30 hours to 1.5 hours before departure. If you don’t complete your check-in formalities within the 60- or 90-minute deadline, you may be denied boarding.
KLM’s check-in baggage weight is nil for Economy Lite fares, 50lb for Economy Standard and Flex fares, and 70lb per bag for Business Class fares. For more information, visit KLM’s baggage policy page.
KLM’s baggage check-in time for most flights within Europe is from 2 hours to 40 minutes before departure. For most intercontinental flights, the baggage check-in time is from 3 hours to 1 hour before departure. For more information, refer to KLM Check-in Time (above).
KLM may not let you check in online if:
• You’re an unaccompanied minor travelling alone, or
• You’re travelling with a pet, or
• You require special assistance at the airport and are traveling alone, or
• Your airport does not accept online check-ins
In all such cases, you must check in physically at the airport desk.
You can check in online at KLM from 30 hours (24 hours for flights to/from the U.S.) to 1 hour before departure for most flights.
No, unaccompanied minors must check in at the airport for their KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight and must be accompanied by a parent/adult legal guardian.
KLM Airlines offers a convenient online check-in service that allows passengers to check in for their flight from the comfort of their own home or office. By visiting the KLM Airlines website and entering your booking details, you can complete the check-in process in just a few minutes.
The online check-in service is available from 30 hours (24 hours for flights to/from the U.S.) up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure time of your flight. During the online check-in process, you can select or change your seat, add extra baggage, and receive your boarding pass. Once you arrive at the airport, you can simply proceed to the baggage drop-off counter or directly to security if you have no checked baggage, making your trip smoother and more hassle-free.
If you want to cancel your KLM check-in, you can do it online through the Check-in tab by clicking on the Cancel your check-in link.
Yes, you can change your seat after checking in, subject to seat availability. You can either do it online through the check-in tab (if the option is still available) or contact KLM for assistance. To save time, have your booking code, ticket number, and seat preference readily available to you.
To learn about KLM’s check-in baggage fee (and other baggage-related information), refer to KLM’s baggage policy.
KLM’s check-in baggage prices are provided on KLM’s baggage policy page.
KLM’s check-in baggage sizes are mentioned on the KLM baggage policy page.
If you are experiencing issues with the KLM online check-in process, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem. First, make sure that you are using a compatible device and internet browser. KLM recommends using the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge for best results. If you are still having issues, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, or attempting the check-in process on a different device.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact KLM customer service for help. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible about the problem you are experiencing, as well as any error messages that you have received, in order to help expedite the troubleshooting process.
KLM passengers who are unable to check in online can still check in at the airport. Online check-in is a convenient option that allows passengers to check in from the comfort of their own homes, but sometimes technical difficulties or other issues can prevent it from working properly. If this happens, you can still check in for your KLM flight at the airport.
Just be sure to allow extra time, as check-in lines can be longer at the airport. Additionally, if you have luggage to check in, you will need to go to the baggage drop-off counter after checking in. Remember to bring your passport and any required travel documents with you.
KLM typically opens its online check-in services 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for U.S. flights and 30 hours prior to departure for other flights. Airport check-in opens 2 hours before departure for most European flights and 3 hours before departure for most intercontinental services.
It is important to note that check-in deadlines vary based on flight destination and departure airport, and you must check your ticket or call customer service if you have any doubts.
If you are taking an international flight with KLM, it is important to know when you can check in. For KLM international flights to/from the U.S., online check-in is available from 24 hours before departure time. For other (non-U.S.,) flights, online check-in is available from 30 hours before departure time.
However, the specific check-in time may vary depending on the departure airport and destination. You must check the cut-off deadline on your ticket or the KLM website/mobile app for specific information regarding your flight. Additionally, you must arrive at the airport with enough time to check in any luggage and go through security, so it is suggested to arrive at least 2 hours before departure time for Europe flights and at least 3 hours before departure for most intercontinental flights.
KLM Airlines allows passengers to check in for their flights online or at the airport. If you’re travelling to or from the U.S., you can check in online starting 24 hours before departure. For other flights, you can check in online starting 30 hours before departure.
Airport check-in typically opens 2-3 hours before departure time, depending on the airport. For details, refer to the section above titled KLM Check-in Time.
You can check in online and print your boarding pass at home. However, you will have to drop your bags at the bag drop counter at the airport before the check-in deadline for your flight. If you’re travelling with extra baggage, you can purchase it online through My Trip and then drop it off at the airport before the deadline.
KLM’s Business Class offers a range of exclusive benefits for its passengers, including priority lanes for baggage drop off, passport and security checks, boarding, and even retrieval of baggage. With access to these fast lanes, Business Class passengers can enjoy an easy and stress-free travel experience from start to finish.
Whether you’re travelling with regular or extra baggage, you will have to drop it off at the airport when checking in for your flight. However, to save time at the airport, you can pre-purchase baggage online via My Trip and simply drop it off at the bag drop counter instead of standing in a line and paying for it on the day of travel.
To learn about the KLM check-in luggage price, refer to the KLM Baggage Policy.
To learn about the KLM check-in luggage size, visit the KLM Baggage Policy page.
KLM has a user-friendly check-in policy that allows passengers to choose the most convenient option for them. Passengers can check in online up to 30 hours before their flight (24 hours for U.S. flights), which is the best option for those who want to save time at the airport.
Alternatively, they can check in at the airport using kiosks or counter check-in desks. KLM also offers a mobile check-in option, which is perfect for those who are on the go and want to streamline the check-in process. Additionally, passengers can purchase seat upgrades and additional baggage allowance during the online check-in process.
The check-in time for KLM flights varies depending on the destination and type of flight. However, it is generally recommended that passengers arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for Europe flights and 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for intercontinental flights.
It is important to check your booking confirmation or the KLM website for the exact check-in time for your specific flight. Checking in online, through the KLM app, or at a self-service kiosk at the airport can save time and make the check-in process more efficient. It is also important to ensure that all necessary travel documents, such as passports and visas, are in order before arriving at the airport. By arriving on time and being prepared, passengers can avoid unnecessary stress and ensure a smooth start to their journey with KLM.
KLM Cityhopper offers a variety of options for check-in. Passengers can check in online, via the KLM app, or at a self-service kiosk at the airport. Online check-in can be completed starting 30 hours before departure, allowing you to select your seat and receive your boarding pass. The KLM app also provides a mobile boarding pass, as well as real-time flight updates and other useful information. If you prefer to check in at the airport, self-service kiosks are available at most KLM Cityhopper destinations to expedite the process.
KLM’s international check-in times depend on a variety of factors, including the departure airport, the destination, and the traveller’s cabin class. In general, travellers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time for European destinations, and at least 3 hours before departure for intercontinental flights.
However, it is important to note that some airports may have different check-in requirements, so it is always best to check your ticket, with KLM Airlines directly, or consult the airline’s website for specific information. Additionally, if you’re checking in online, you can save time by printing your boarding pass and checking in at leisure prior to arriving at the airport. This convenient service is available from 30 hours prior to departure for most flights (24 hours for U.S. flights).
KLM’s Silver level members are entitled to priority check-in, bag drop, and boarding, as well as 1 extra checked bag, free seat assignment (standard seats only), and a 25% discount on extra legroom seats.
When checking in for your flight with KLM, you can upgrade your seat or travel class. This can be a great option for travellers who want to enjoy a more comfortable and luxurious experience during their flight.
KLM offers a range of upgrade options, from upgrading to a more spacious seat in Economy Class to enjoying the perks of Business Class, such as more legroom, additional luggage allowances, and gourmet meals. To see if an upgrade is available for your flight, simply check in online or at the airport and look for any upgrade options that may be available. Keep in mind that upgrades are subject to availability, so it’s best to book early to ensure that you can enjoy the benefits of an upgraded travel experience with KLM.
If you’re looking to upgrade your KLM flight to Business Class, one option is to check for availability at check-in. Depending on the number of seats available and the number of passengers who have already booked Business Class, you may be able to upgrade by paying the difference in fare.
However, keep in mind that this is not always a guaranteed option, as Business Class seats can fill up quickly. Another option is to use your frequent flyer miles to purchase an upgrade, or to bid on an upgrade using KLM’s bidding system (you’ll receive an invite for the auction by e-mail or you’ll be able to access bidding via My Trip). Whatever option you choose, upgrading to Business Class can provide you with an enhanced in-flight experience, including comfortable seats, premium meals and beverages, and extra space to relax and unwind during your flight.
KLM U.S. check-in is a convenient and easy way to start your travel experience. With KLM’s online check-in service, you can check in for your flight and choose your seat from the comfort of your own home, office, or anywhere with an internet connection. Simply log in to KLM’s website and follow the prompts to check in. You can also choose to receive your boarding pass electronically to your phone, email, or print it out. Online check-in is available starting 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time (till 1 hour before departure), so you can check in at your convenience.
If you need to cancel your KLM check-in online, the process is very straightforward. All you need to do is click on the Check-in tab on the homepage and then on the Cancel Your Check-in link by scrolling down.
Alternatively, you can contact KLM directly by phone. Remember to check KLM’s cancellation policies for any fees or deadlines that may apply.