Copa Airlines flight change policy has been revised and made more flexible in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The new flight change policy allows you to modify your itinerary without being charged a change fee, subject to the following conditions:
- You must have purchased your ticket between September 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021.
- You must complete your new travel on or before December 31, 2021.
- The flight change policy applies to Copa Airlines tickets only, incl. award tickets.
- Refunds will depend on your fare rules.
- You must make the changes before your original travel date, or it will be treated as a no-show.
What Should I Do If I Want to Change My Flight Date or Flight?
According to Copa Airlines flight change policy, you’re allowed to modify your flight or the date of your trip without being charged any change fee or fare difference—unless your flight starts and/or ends on the dates below, in which case you will be required to pay only the fare difference (if any):
- June 15, 2021 to August 15, 2021
- December 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021
Note. The added flexibility to the flight change policy applies only to tickets booked between September 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021. Outside of this window, the standard terms and conditions indicated on your ticket will apply.
What Should I Do If I Want to Change My Flight Route?
Copa Airlines revised flight change policy allows you to modify your flight’s origin or destination without incurring a change fee. However, you will be required to pay the difference in fare, if applicable.
Note. As above, this additional flexibility applies only to tickets booked between September 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021. Outside of this window, the standard terms and conditions indicated on your ticket will apply.
How to Change Your Copa Airlines Flight Date or Flight Destination?
You can change your Copa Airlines flight date or destination by phone or online. Remember, online changes are only possible if you purchase your ticket directly from Copa Airlines (website, mobile app, or ticket office).
To change your Copa Airlines flight date or flight destination online:
- Go to CopaAir.com
- Select Manage your booking from the Travel tab
- Retrieve your flight by entering your Reservation code/E-ticket number and last name
- Hit the Find your reservation button (your flight will show up)
- Select your flight and then the Change Flight option
- Select your new flight
- Follow the prompts to complete your booking
If you’re not comfortable with the online process, call Copa Airlines and ask them to help you with your flight change plan.
Copa Airlines Name Change Policy
How can I change my name on a Copa Airlines ticket?
Copa Airlines allows minor name corrections on your ticket so that it matches the name appearing on your official ID or passport. If you have changed your name due to marriage, divorce, or some other reason, you will have to provide valid legal documentation to support your request.
You can request a name correction or name change by calling Copa Airlines. Alternatively, you can do it online through the Name Correction Request form. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, you will be charged a name correction fee of USD 50 plus applicable taxes for correcting or modifying your name.