Changing a flight can be a stressful and confusing process, but it doesn’t have to be. Whether you need to change your travel dates or switch to a different destination altogether, Vueling offers flexibility and convenience. This Vueling change flight guide walks you through the step-by-step process of changing your flight, including any fees or restrictions that may apply. We’ll also provide some helpful tips to help you make the process as smooth as possible. Whether you’ve had a sudden change in plans or simply need to adjust your itinerary, do check out how Vueling flight change policy works.
Major Highlights of the Vueling Airlines Change Flight Policy
Knowing how to navigate the change of flight process can save you time, money, and stress. The section below lists the major highlights of Vueling airlines change flight policy. Going through it will ensure that your travel plans remain as flexible as possible.
- According to Vueling change flight policy:
- You can change your flight date (day or time) up to 2 hours before departure (online, through the mobile app, or by phone). Flight changes made online will affect all the passengers in a single booking (you cannot change the flight booking for a single passenger in the booking).
- If you booked your ticket through a travel agency or third-party website, you must contact them directly to make changes to your flight.
- You cannot change the departure and/or destination airport in your flight booking online. If you made a mistake while choosing your origin and/or destination, you cannot change your route later.
- If you make a mistake while booking your flight, you have up to 24 hours to change your flight date (time or day) free of charge, provided you pay the applicable fare difference.
- If exceptional circumstances such as surgery, illness, risky pregnancy, poll duty, or court summons prevent you from travelling, you can request a vueling change flight date (day or time) as long as:
- You pay the fare difference (if any), and
- Submit documentary proof within one month of your original travel date
- If you purchase Vueling’s Full Cover or Trip Cancellation insurance, you can cut short your trip if a family member or passenger in your booking falls ill or gets injured.
- If you purchase a TimeFlex fare or the Flex Pack add-on while booking your ticket online through Vueling’s website, you can change your flight date (by paying the applicable fare difference) or cancel your flight up to 48 hours prior to departure (in exchange for a Flight Credit for future travel by you or someone else).
- If you don’t buy the Flex Pack add-on, you can still request a vueling change flight date up to 2 hours before departure but you will have to pay the applicable change fee and fare difference.
- If your flight booking comprises a return flight and you can’t take the outward flight, you’re allowed to take the return flight. However, no refund will be issued for the outward flight except for airport taxes.
- To add more passengers to an existing booking (adults or minors), you will need to make a fresh booking. However, to add an infant to your booking, you must call customer service.
- If you make changes to your flight, add-ons like baggage fee, pet fee, and priority boarding will be transferred to your new flight.
- You will have to pay an additional administration fee of €10/passenger for booking through customer services and €10/booking for booking through an airport ticketing office.
Vueling Flight Change Process
Vueling flight change process is quite simple. You can make changes to your flight booking, i.e., change the flight date or flight time:
- Online (if you booked your ticket directly through Vueling) via:
- Travel > Manage my booking
- The Change Your Flight page
- Mobile app
- By phone (call customer service or the travel agent who booked your ticket)
- Through the airline’s sales outlet
- At the airport
Note. You cannot change your flight destination online, but you can change the flight date or time. If you want to change your flight destination, you will need to contact customer service (or your travel agent) and pay additional charges, such as the applicable change fee and fare difference.
Vueling Change Flight Fee
Vueling change flight fee will depend on your fare type and when you request the flight change, as shown in the table below.
|Cost to Change a Flight on Vueling|
|Fare||Unlimited Date Changes||Change Fee (per passenger/flight)|
|Basic/Optima/Family||Not permitted||Nil* with the Flex Pack add-on>15 days before departure: €50* (without Flex Pack) < 15 days before departure: €60* (without Flex Pack)|
|*You must pay the fare difference (if any) in all cases. Premium members can change to an earlier flight for no additional fee. Premium members and TimeFlex fare holders can change to a later flight on the same day for no additional fee through Vueling’s mobile app via the Change Flight section or at the airport if it has the airline’s sales office.|
|Same-Day Change Flight Fee|
|Fare||Same-Day Change Fee (per passenger/flight)|
|The fare difference (if any) will always apply. Premium members can shift to an earlier flight without paying any change fee. You can change to a later flight on the same day without paying any change fee if you’re a Premium member or are travelling on a TimeFlex fare. You can make the change via the mobile app or at the airline’s sales office at the airport.|
Important Information About Change of Flight Date/Flight Time
- If you change the flight date or flight time, the additional services already purchased by you (baggage fee, priority boarding, pet fee) will not be affected. This means your new flight booking will include the services in your original fare.
- If you purchased your ticket from a third-party website or travel agency, you must contact them directly to request the flight change.
10 Vueling Change Flight Tips
Changing flights with Vueling is a straightforward process, and here are 10 tips to help make it even easier.
- Be sure to check Vueling change flight policy before making any changes to your flight. It’s important to understand any fees or restrictions that may apply.
- Try to make changes as early as possible to avoid any last-minute stress.
- If you’re not comfortable using Vueling’s online platform or mobile app, call Vueling’s customer service. If you booked through a third party or travel agent, contact them directly.
- Have your booking reference number and personal information ready when contacting customer service for assistance.
- Be flexible with your travel dates and times as this can increase your chances of finding available alternatives.
- Consider purchasing flexible ticket options (Flex Pack service or TimeFlex fare) that offer more flexibility in case you need to change your flight later on.
- Keep an eye out for any special deals or promotions that may be available for changing flights with Vueling.
- Consider joining Vueling’s loyalty program (Vueling Club) to enjoy additional benefits and perks when making flight changes as a Premium tier member.
- Be patient and understanding if there are any delays or complications during the change process, as these things can happen in air travel.
- Always double-check your new flight details after making a flight change to ensure that all the information entered by you is correct.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vueling Change Flight Guide
If you’re a Vueling customer who needs to change your flight, you may have some questions about the process. In this section, we provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about changing flights with Vueling. From understanding the flight change policy to knowing how much it costs to make flight changes, we’ve got you covered. So if your travel plans have taken an unexpected turn, you’ll get all the information you need to navigate the Vueling change flight process with ease.
Vueling Airlines flight change policy allows passengers to make changes to their flights up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.
• You may have to pay a change fee in some cases, but you must pay the fare difference (if any) in all cases (depending on the type of ticket purchased and the specific circumstances of the change).
• If you book your ticket through a third-party website or travel agent, you must contact them directly to request flight changes.
• If you’re making flight changes online, you can only change the date or time but not the departure and/or destination airports.
• All passengers can make changes to their flight date/time within 24 hours of ticket purchase without paying any flight change fee, but the fare difference must be paid in all cases.
• Vueling change flight policy permits a change of date or time in case of exceptional circumstances, such as surgery, sickness, high-risk pregnancy, court summons, or poll service. However, you must submit valid documentation within one month of departure and pay the applicable fare difference when rebooking.
Yes, you can change your booking on Vueling online or over the phone by contacting customer service (or your travel agent). Alternatively, you can do it at Vueling’s sales office at the airport (if available).
The cost of changing a Vueling flight depends on several factors, such as your fare type and the time of the change. You won’t have to pay any flight change fee if you’ve purchased the Flex Pack service or are travelling on a TimeFlex fare, but you must pay the applicable fare difference.
If you’re travelling on a Basic, Optima, or Family fare without the Flex Pack add-on service, you’ll have to pay the applicable fare difference plus a vueling change flight fee of €50 more than 15 days before departure and €60 within 15 days of departure.
Yes, you can change the date of your Vueling flight, subject to seat availability and any applicable change fee. You must, however, pay the fare difference in all cases.
Yes, you can change the destination of your Vueling flight, but not online. However, additional charges will apply.
You can make changes to your Vueling flight up to 2 hours before departure, subject to flight availability.
No, Vueling tickets are non-transferable so you cannot transfer your ticket to another person.
Yes, you can change your seat on a Vueling flight online, through customer service, or through your travel agent.
That will depend on the fare conditions of your ticket. For details, refer to Vueling cancellation policy.