Cathay Pacific change flight policy allows you to make changes to your flight booking, subject to certain conditions and fees. You can make changes to your flight date, time, and/or destination, as long as there are available seats on your new flight. However, you must pay the fare difference between the original and new flights. Additionally, you may be required to pay a change fee depending on your fare type and conditions. It is therefore important to review the specific terms and conditions of your ticket, go through this blog, or contact Cathay Pacific directly for more information regarding the flight change policy.
An Overview of Cathay Pacific Change Flight Policy
The Cathay Pacific Flight Change Policy allows passengers to make changes to their flight reservations under certain conditions. Here is an overview of the policy:
- You can change your flight date, time, and/or destination online or by phone (i.e., call Cathay Pacific’s customer service, call center, or your travel agent).
- You can only make changes to eligible tickets, depending on your fare type and booking class.
- The change flight policy permits one-time and multiple changes, but additional fees and fare differences may apply.
- All flight changes must be made before the original flight’s departure time. Late changes may result in penalties or the loss of the ticket value.
- Passengers may be required to pay a change fee, which can vary depending on the ticket type and destination.
- If your new flight ticket is costlier, you must pay the difference in fare.
- If your new flight ticket is cheaper, you will be issued an EMD for future travel.
- If your flight is delayed by at least 4 hours, you will be offered the following free of charge:
- Meals and refreshments commensurate with the waiting time
- 2 phone calls, emails, telex/fax messages
- If your flight is delayed until the next day, you will receive the following free of charge:
- Hotel accommodation (incl. overnight stay if required)
- To-and-fro transportation between the airport and the hotel
- If your flight is delayed by at least 5 hours, you can cancel your flight and receive a full refund at the price at which you purchased your ticket:
- For the parts of the journey that you will not be making, and
- For the return flight if necessary
- Economy Supersaver fares cannot be changed or refunded.
- If book your ticket directly through Cathay Pacific’s website, mobile app, or Global Contact Center, you can make changes to it and rebook online via Manage booking (or by phone).
- If you book your ticket through a third-party website or a travel agency, you must contact them directly to make changes to your flight. You can also request Cathay’s customer service team by phone, but additional charges will apply.
- Redemption tickets can be changed before departure online via Manage booking (for USD 50/7,500 miles) or through other channels (phone, etc.) but a booking and service fee will apply.
Cathay Pacific Flight Change Policy by Fare Type
Cathay Pacific change flight policy will depend on what type of fare you have purchased. The policy provides more flexibility and convenience for travelers, as indicated below.
- Economy Supersaver fares are the cheapest fares at the entry level and come with maximum restrictions. These fares cannot be changed, cancelled, or upgraded (with miles) unless you’re travelling to Hong Kong from mainland China, where you can change or cancel by paying a fee.
- Economy Core fares can be changed by paying a fee but you cannot upgrade them using miles.
- Economy Standard fares can be changed by paying a fee as well as upgraded using miles.
- Economy Flex fares can be changed by paying lower fees and also upgraded using miles.
- Premium Economy Standard and Flex tickets can be changed by paying a fee (or cancelled) or upgraded using miles. Benefits include exclusive check-in counters, priority boarding, and more baggage allowance.
- Business Save, Standard, and Flex fares allow flight changes and cancellations for a fee, which is lower than that for Premium Economy Standard and Flex fares. These fares can also be upgraded using your miles, and offer dedicated check-counters, more baggage allowance, priority boarding, and Business Class lounge access.
- First Class Standard and Flex fares allow flight changes and cancellations (First Class Standard attracts a fee whereas Flex is free of charge). Both fares offer special check-in counters, expedited security at select airports, priority boarding, and First Class lounge access.
Cathay Pacific Change of Flight Date, Time, and Destination
Cathay Pacific date change, time change, and/or destination change process
If you need to change your Cathay Pacific flight date, flight time, and/or flight destination, you can do it online (in some cases as indicated below) or by phone (in all cases).
- If you purchased your ticket directly from the airline’s website, app, or call center, you can make changes to your booking online via Manage booking. If you’re eligible to rebook, you will see a Change flight(s) button under your booking details. Simply click on the button, and follow the on-screen prompts to change your flight (and pay the fare difference, if any).
- If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, contact them directly to make a date change, time change, and/or destination change and rebook your flight.
- If you want to make changes to a redemption ticket, you can do it prior to departure:
- Online via Manage booking for USD 50 or 7,500 miles, or
- By phone (or other channels) through Asia Miles, but a booking and ticketing service fee will apply
One of the most convenient ways to make flight changes is through the airline’s website or mobile app. Simply log in to your account and select the Manage Booking tab to access your flight booking. After that, select the flight you wish to modify and follow the prompts to make the necessary changes.
Alternatively, you can call Cathay Pacific’s customer service team by phone for assistance with changing your flight details. It’s important to note that fees and restrictions may apply depending on the fare conditions of your ticket. Be sure to have your booking reference number, new destination and new flight date/time ready when requesting a flight change by phone.
How to Use Cathay Pacific Manage Booking to Change Flights
How to change flights on Cathay Pacific Online
If you booked your ticket directly through Cathay Pacific’s website, mobile app, or call center, you can change your travel date, time, and/or destination online through Manage booking (or Ticket changes or cancellations) as explained below.
- Go to the homepage, CathayPacific.com
- Select Manage booking
- Find the flight booking you want to change as follows:
- Sign in through the Member sign-in option, or
- Find your booking through the Find a booking option
- Select the flight you want to change
- Click on the Change flight(s) button under your booking details
(This option will only appear if you’re eligible to change your ticket)
- Search for your preferred flight date, time, and/or destination
- Select your new flight
- Follow the on-screen prompts to:
- Select your payment method
- Enter the necessary details
- Confirm your new booking
- Pay the fare difference, if required
You will receive your new e-ticket by email shortly.
You can also change your Cathay Pacific flight booking through the mobile app.
- Multiple passengers in the same booking are required to make changes together when making the changes online.
- You can also make changes to your booking if your itinerary includes connecting flights with other carriers.
Cathay Pacific Change Flight Fee
Cathay Pacific charges a change fee for most types of tickets (except First Class Flex fares). The flight change fee will depend on your original fare type, as shown below.
- Cathay Pacific change flight date/time fee for:
- Promotional fares is: USD 150
- Economy Saver fares is: USD 150
- Premium Economy Standard fares is: USD 150
- Business Save fares is: USD 150
- Standard Economy fares is: USD 50
- First Class Flex fares is: Nil
- The change flight fee for destination change is: USD 150 + fare difference
- The online change flight date fee for redemption tickets is: USD 50 or 7,500 miles
(must be prior to original departure and ticket expiry). Additional charges for booking and ticketing will apply if the changes are made through other channels.
- The change flight fee via Cathay Pacific’s customer service for tickets booked through travel agents is: USD60/HKD470.
- Cathay Pacific’s seat reservation fee for Economy Supersaver fares is: USD 8 – 43.
Cathay Pacific Schedule Change Policy
Cathay Pacific schedule change policy allows you to make changes to your flight in the event of any unexpected changes or disruptions. If there is any schedule change made by the airline, Cathay Pacific will notify you by email or text message as soon as possible and provide alternative options. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to request a new flight time, route, or even a refund if the schedule change does not suit you.
Remember, the specific policies may vary depending on what type of ticket you’ve purchased and your route.
How to Change Flights on Cathay Pacific by Phone
You can change your Cathay Pacific flight by calling any of these numbers:
- India 0008004405008 (9:30am–5:30pm, local toll-free)
- Hong Kong 2747-3333 (24/7)
- Dubai 8000 444 6554 (8am–8pm daily, local toll-free)
- United Kingdom 0800 917 8260 (8am–8pm daily, local toll-free)
- Australia 131 747 (24/7)
- WhatsApp +852 2747 2747
- Other Countries Contact Centers (under Contact Us)
Frequently Asked Questions on Cathay Pacific Change Flight Policy
The Frequently Asked Questions section on Cathay Pacific’s Change Flight Policy address a few common questions about changing your flight, including whether you can do it or not, how to do it, what fees may apply. Whether you’re looking to reschedule your trip or make adjustments to your travel plans, this small section has you covered!
You can change flight Cathay Pacific online or by phone through customer service. If you booked your ticket directly with Cathay Pacific, you can easily change your flight online through the airline’s website (or your account) via Manage booking. All you need to do is access your flight booking,
select the flight you want to change and follow the prompts to select a new date, time, and/or destination. For step-by-step details, refer to the section titled How to Use Cathay Pacific Manage Booking to Change Flights.
Remember, if you booked through a travel agent or third-party website, it’s best to reach out to them for assistance with changing your flight. However, you can also request Cathay’s customer care team to make the changes, but you’ll be charged a service fee of USD60/HKD470 in addition to the change flight fee and fare difference (if any).
Yes, and you can change your Cathay Pacific flight as long as you haven’t purchased an Economy Supersaver fare (except if you’re flying from Mainland China to Hong Kong, where you’re allowed to make changes by paying a flight change fee). Depending on your fare type, you will be charged a change flight fee (only First Class Flex fares enjoy a change fee waiver).
Unless you’re travelling on a First Flex fare where changing flights does not incur a fee, changing a flight will cost you USD 50 on a Standard Economy ticket, and USD 150 on a Promotional, Economy Save, Premium Economy Standard, and Business Save ticket. Aside from this, you will have to pay the applicable difference in tax and fares.
Remember, changing flights is not permitted on Economy Supersaver fares, except on flights from Mainland China to Hong Kong.
Cathay Pacific date change policy allows you to modify your flight date and rebook your ticket. First Flex passengers enjoy a fee waiver whereas all other fare types will incur a flight change fee. However, Economy Supersaver fares cannot be changed or refunded except on flights from Mainland China to Hong Kong.
If you don’t qualify for any fee waiver, you must pay a fee of USD 50 to change a Standard Economy ticket, and USD 150 to change a Promotional, Economy Save, Premium Economy Standard, or Business Save ticket, in addition to any fare difference between the original and new fares.