The Swoop Airlines lost and found policy is fairly straightforward and like that of other airlines. Whether you’ve lost a carry-on item/personal belonging on the aircraft, or your checked bag doesn’t arrive, you must report it immediately to a Swoop Airlines representative at the airport. If your baggage (checked or unchecked) is delayed (or lost), Swoop will refund your baggage fee and deliver your baggage to your hotel or residence, and if your baggage is lost or damaged, you will also be reimbursed for the loss or damage.
The major highlights of Swoop Airlines lost and found policy are provided below.
- Lost and Found Unchecked Baggage
- If you leave an item on the aircraft, you must contact Swoop Airlines and provide the missing item’s details, along with the flight number, flight date, reservation code, and your full contact information.
- Swoop Airlines will inform you as soon as your missing item is located.
- Lost and Found Checked Baggage
- If your checked baggage does not arrive at your destination with you, you must report it immediately at the airport, but no later than 7 days after your flight’s arrival.
- A Delayed Baggage Report will be created, and you will be informed of the next steps, as explained below.
- Missing Items from Checked Baggage
- If any items are missing from your checked baggage, you must inform Swoop Airlines immediately before leaving the airport and make sure a report is created no later than 21 days after arrival.
- Swoop Airlines Obligations for Lost and Found Baggage/Damaged Baggage
If your checked or unchecked (carry-on) baggage is lost, delayed, or damaged:
- You will be refunded the Swoop Airlines baggage fee for the lost/delayed/damaged bag.
- You will be paid the basic carrier liability of up to SDR 1,288 incl. incidental expenses unless you’ve purchased excess valuation.
- The delayed/missing baggage will be delivered to your residence or hotel.
Swoop Airlines Lost and Found Policy for Carry-on Baggage
If you’ve left behind a carry-on baggage item or a personal item on the plane, you should:
- Contact Swoop Airlines via this link and select the Baggage/Lost and Found option from the dropdown.
- Provide the following information:
- Details of the missing item, and
- Your flight number, flight date, reservation code, and
- Your full contact information
Tips: Swoop will try to locate the item and contact you once it’s been found.
Swoop Airlines Lost and Found Policy for Checked Baggage
If your checked bag is delayed or does not arrive at the destination, you must:
- Immediately report it at the airport (before leaving)
- A Swoop representative will:
- Create a Delayed Baggage Report for you. The Report will include your contact details along with a description of your bag and its contents.
- Inform you of the next steps.
- Try to locate the baggage for you.
- If your bag cannot be located within 5 days, the Central Baggage Team will take over the search by contacting you.
- If nobody contacts you after 5 days, contact the Central Baggage Team to begin a claim. Select Post Flight and then Lost/Found/Delayed Item to ensure your message reaches the concerned department and to avoid unnecessary delay.
- You will be contacted as soon as your lost/missing bag is found.
- If your flight is within the Americas or Canada, you can receive reimbursement for incidental expenses of up to:
- USD/CAD 100 for the first 48 hours that your baggage is delayed.
- USD/CAD 150 after 48 hours, amounting to a total of USD/CAD 250.
- To be eligible to receive reimbursement, you must submit actual receipts.
- You may, if you wish, claim for additional damages permitted under the law.
- If your baggage cannot be found after 21 days, you will be entitled to compensation of SDR 1,288 (~USD/CAD 2,300) as a replacement amount for your baggage, unless you purchase excess valuation.
- If you don’t declare any value for your baggage, the settlement amount will be the value of the baggage or SDR 1,288 (basic carrier liability), whichever is lower, and if you’ve declared the declared, the settlement amount will be the value of the delayed bag or the declared value, whichever is lower.
- The settlement amount cannot exceed the basic carrier liability amount.
- The rate for converting the SDRs (special drawing rights) will be per the prevailing currency rate.
- For the portion of the declared value that exceeds the basic carrier liability, an amount will be paid @ USD/CAD 10, subject to a limit of USD/CAD 3,000 incl. basic carrier liability.
- Whether or not you declare a higher value, the carrier’s liability cannot exceed the actual loss suffered by you.
- To qualify for a claim, you must provide actual proof of the amount of loss.
- If you’re claiming damage or partial loss, you must report to Swoop Airlines within 7 days of receiving your baggage but in no case later than 21 days after the bag should have been delivered.
- All complaints must be filed in writing and within the cut-off deadlines stated above, failing which you cannot hold Swoop Airlines responsible.
- Swoop Airlines will only be responsible for the loss or damage to checked baggage if the mishandling took place onboard its aircraft or during the period it was within the airline’s charge.
What to Do if Items Are Missing from Your Bag
If you find some items missing from your baggage, you must report it immediately to a Swoop Airlines representative before leaving the airport and ensure that a report is created within 21 days after your flight’s arrival.
Swoop Airlines Lost and Found Liability
If you’re traveling on a domestic flight, Swoop Airlines’ liability for lost baggage (excluding mobility aids) is subject to a limit of SDR 1,131 per passenger (~CAD/USD 2,100). However, if you purchase excess valuation at the airport before departure, you can increase the valuation amount of your baggage to CAD/USD 3,000 (inclusive of SDR 1,131), in which case you will be entitled to receive the higher value if your baggage is mishandled.
Swoop Airlines Lost and Found Form
You can use Swoop Airlines Lost and Found Form to report lost, missing, delayed, or damaged baggage online. To access the form.
To fill out the Lost and Found form, follow the steps below:
- Select the Post-flight option.
- Click on the Lost/Found or Damaged/Delayed Item option.
- Choose one of the following from the dropdown:
- Damaged or Delayed Item
- Provide all the information requested.
Click on the Submit button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out the answers to the most frequently asked questions on Swoop Airlines lost and found policy.
Swoop Airlines lost and found policy for checked and unchecked baggage requires you to immediately report a missing baggage item to a Swoop Airlines representative at the airport. After you report the missing/delayed baggage, a report will be created for you, your baggage fee will be refunded, and your baggage will be delivered to you (without charge) after it is located.
You will also be entitled to reimbursement of incidental expenses incurred by you, subject to actual receipts. The reimbursement amount is USD/CAD 100 for the first 48 hours and USD/CAD 150 after 48 hours, amounting to a total of USD/CAD 250. Also, if your baggage cannot be found even after 21 days (or is damaged), you will be compensated up to SDR 1,288 (~USD/CAD 2,300) for it, unless you purchase excess valuation before departure.
If you lose your unchecked baggage on Swoop, you must immediately report it to a Swoop representative at the airport. If you’ve left the airport, you must report it online but in no case later than 7 days after arrival.
When reporting online, be sure to select the Baggage/Lost and Found option from the dropdown and provide the complete details of your baggage item, along with your flight details (i.e., flight number, date, and reservation code), and complete contact info.
Swoop will try to locate the baggage item for you and inform you after it has been located.
If your checked baggage does not arrive at the destination airport, you will need to immediately report it to an airline agent at the airport. After you report the missing/delayed baggage, a Delayed Baggage Report will be created for you which you can use to track your baggage or file a claim if it cannot be found.
If your baggage is missing even 5 days, someone from Swoop’s Central Baggage Team will contact you and take over the search. If you don’t hear from anyone, contact the Central Baggage Team online (choose Post Flight and Lost/Found/Delayed Item).
For flights within the Americas or Canada, you are entitled to reimbursement toward incidental expenses of up to USD/CAD 100 for the first 2 days (48 hours) of baggage delay and USD/CAD 150 after 2 days, subject to your providing actual receipts as proof.
If your baggage is still missing after 21 days, you are within your rights to claim compensation of up to SDR 1,288 (~USD/CAD 2,300) or the actual value of your baggage, whichever is lower, unless you’ve purchased excess valuation before departure.
Swoop will compensate you up to 1,288 SDRs, i.e., approx. USD/CAD 2,300 or the actual value of your bag, whichever is lesser, unless you’ve paid for excess valuation before departing.