What is the flight change fee charged by Kayak?
If you’re changing your flight reservation through Kayak, you will be charged a processing fee of:
- USD 100 for making changes to a Standard Plan ticket.
- USD 50 for making changes to a Standard Plan ticket with a service bundle included.
- USD 0 for making changes to a Plus Plan ticket.
Remember, the above-mentioned processing fee will be charged in addition to the flight change fee charged by the airline, online travel agency (OTA), or travel service provider you purchased your ticket from through Kayak.
- If you purchase Kayak’s Plus Plan with Price Drop Protection included and you authorize Kayak to rebook you on a lower fare (available within 72 hours) on the same itinerary, Kayak will share 50% of any savings that result from rebooking travel itinerary under Price Drop Protection. The cashback will be credited to the account through which you purchased your ticket. If Kayak is unable to find a lower-priced ticket for you within 72 hours, your ticket will remain as originally booked.
- Both Standard and Plus Plans are non-refundable.
Kayak Change Flight Date Process
How do I change the flight date on Kayak?
To change the flight date (time or route) to a flight booked through Kayak, you must contact the airline, online travel agency (OTA), or service provider you purchased your ticket from.
Alternatively, you can call Kayak at 1-855-920-9942 or access your booking by visiting the Bookings page on Kayak.com. You can also access your flight booking by clicking on the Trips option appearing under the main menu on the left.
After you click on the Trips option, you will be taken to a page that looks like the one below.
- You can access your flight booking by your:
- Confirmation code (opens by default)
- Credit card number (select it)
- Email (select it)
- To access your flight booking, enter the required information in the boxes:
- By Confirmation, enter your booking reference/confirmation number and surname, and click on the Find booking button.
- By Credit card, enter the last 4 digits of your credit card and your phone number, and click on the Find booking button.
- By Email, enter your email address and click on the Send bookings button.
- After accessing your flight details, you may be able to make changes to your ticket online by selecting your flight booking and following the on-screen prompts to change it.
- If you can’t make any changes online, you will need to:
- Call Kayak on 1-855-920-9942 for assistance.
- Contact the airline, online travel agent, or service provider you booked your ticket from.
Kayak Flight Change Policy
What is Kayak’s flight change policy?
Since Kayak is not an online travel agency (OTA) but a search engine, whether you can change your flight or not will depend on which airline’s ticket you have booked via Kayak. A few important points relating to flight changes on tickets purchased through Kayak are listed below.
- Whether you can make changes to your ticket will depend on your airline and the fare conditions of the ticket you’ve purchased.
- If you make flight changes through Kayak (service center, social media, or other channels), you will be charged a processing fee of USD 100 for a Standard Plan ticket in addition to the change fees, administrative charges, etc., charged by the airline. Kayak’s processing fee is reduced by 50% if you purchase a service bundle with a Standard Plan ticket, and is USD 0 if you purchase a Plus Plan ticket.
- If the airline you’re travelling on cancels your flight or does not operate per schedule, you may have the option to:
- Travel on the next available flight/mode of transport offered to you, or
- Take a convenient flight at no additional cost, or
- Ask for a refund if your new flight schedule does not suit you
- If your flight ticket cannot be changed, you may be offered alternative options to travel later, such as e-credits, etc., depending on the airline and your fare type.
- If the fare rules of your ticket allow you to change your flight, you must make the required changes before your flight’s scheduled departure time and per your ticket’s fare rules.
- If you don’t change your flight ticket before departure and also don’t show up for your flight, the value of your ticket might be forfeited.
- To learn about the Kayak change flight fee or how to change the flight date by phone, call Kayak at 1-855-920-9942.
- All flight changes will depend on the fare rules of the airline whose ticket you’ve purchased.
- Service fees charged by Kayak for processing your request are non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions on Kayak Flight Change Policy
If you want to make changes to your flight, call Kayak at 1-855-920-9942/ 1-978-451-0771.
Any flight you book through Kayak (i.e., Kayak’s search engine) is subject to the flight change policies of the airline whose ticket you’ve purchased. If the airline and the fare conditions of your ticket allow you to change your ticket (with or without a fee), you will be able to make the required changes.
To change a flight booking you made through Kayak, you must contact the airline or the OTA you purchased your ticket from. If you’re not sure who you purchased your ticket from via Kayak, go to Kayak’s Bookings page or check your credit card statement.
Since Kayak is a search engine and not a ticket seller, it does not have its own flight change policy. The flight change policy of your ticket will depend on the airline or agency you booked your ticket though. To learn whether you can make changes to your flight ticket, call Kayak, check the fare conditions of your ticket, or visit the Bookings page on Kayak.com and access your flight booking details.