Icelandair name change policy is flexible and allows name corrections on tickets without hefty fees. If you need to correct the name currently appearing on your ticket, whether due to a spelling error or a legal name change, you must get it done before your flight’s departure to avoid a boarding-denial situation. Just make sure you have your proper identification papers with you, and Icelandair will make the necessary changes for you. Remember, you won’t into any problems as long as the name change relates to you, i.e., the person who purchased the ticket. Icelandair does not permit name changes that would result in a change of passenger.
Major Highlights of Icelandair Name Change Policy
If you’re planning a trip with Icelandair, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the airline’s name change policy. Whether you’ve made a simple spelling mistake or need to update your name due to a legal change, understanding the process and potential fees involved can save you time and stress. The section below lists the major highlights of Icelandair name change policy, including important details on eligibility, documentation requirements, and any associated costs. So, before you embark on your next adventure, make sure you’re well-informed about the name change process as this will ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience with Icelandair.
- When booking your flight, you must provide your full legal name exactly as it appears on your identification documents. If there are any discrepancies between the name appearing on your ticket and that on your passport or legal ID, you may be denied boarding or could face other complications during your travel.
- It is mandatory for the name appearing on your ticket to match that on your passport or legal ID. This is required by all airlines to ensure the safety and security of passengers.
- If your name has been incorrectly spelled or has a typo, you must contact Icelandair’s customer service immediately and have it corrected. Be sure to have your booking number and travel details readily available because you will be asked to provide them.
- Name changes resulting in ticket transfers are not allowed, such as from Jane Smith to Jack Daniels. This means you cannot transfer your ticket to another person—only you can travel on your ticket, not someone else.
- If you want to transfer the ownership of your ticket to someone else, you must cancel and refund your ticket and then purchase a new ticket in the name of the other person. You cannot make an outright change of name from your name to the other person’s name.
- You cannot make a name change if you have already checked in for your flight.
- Name changes through Icelandair are only permitted on the flight segments operated by Icelandair. If your itinerary includes a codeshare flight-operated segment, you must contact the codeshare carrier directly for processing the name change request for that flight segment.
- Legal name changes are permitted, such as:
- Gender changes, and
- Name changes due to marriage, divorce, adoption, legal reasons, etc.
- You can request a name change or correction:
- By phone (recommended), or
- Through the online support request form
- The name change/correction fee for departures from the United States is USD 35 per correction. The name change/correction fee for flights departing from other countries may be different.
Icelandair Name Change Due to Marriage, Divorce, etc.
Making a legal name change on Icelandair due to marriage, divorce, adoption, or any other reason is a straightforward process. The easiest way to do this is by contacting Icelandair’s customer service department by phone and request for assistance.
The customer service agent will inform you of the documentation that you will need to provide to process your name change request. This may include a copy of your marriage/divorce certificate or other legal documentation proving your identity and supporting the name change. Once you have gathered the required documents, you can submit them to Icelandair for processing (the contact details will be provided to you). Remember, you may be charged a name change fee, depending on where you’re requesting it from. However, if the error is very minor or if Icelandair is responsible for the error, the name change fee may be waived. By following these steps and providing the necessary documentation, you can successfully make a legal name change on Icelandair and ensure that your travel papers reflect your correct identity.
Icelandair Name Correction Tips
When it comes to Icelandair Name Change Policy, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- When booking your ticket, check carefully that you have entered your name correctly and that it is an exact match to the name appearing on your legal ID.
- You may not be allowed to board your flight if the name appearing on your ticket and legal ID (passport or driver’s license) do not match.
- Name changes must be made before the check-in deadline for your flight. However, the sooner you do it the just in case there’s a rush at the airport counter.
- In most cases, a name change fee will apply depending on where you’re making the name change from (USD 35 for flights departing from the U.S.).
- Additional documentation (such as your old and new IDs) may be required to verify your old and updated names. This could be your driver’s license, passport, marriage/divorce certificate, adoption papers, court decree, etc.
- If you’re unable to make a name change online via the support request form, call customer service for assistance immediately.
- Name changes resulting in the transfer of a ticket to another person are not permitted.
- If you’ve booked your ticket through a travel agency or third-party website, you must contact them directly for any name change/correction requests.
- If you have multiple passengers on the same booking and only one person needs a name change, you must specify this when making your name change request online.
- Review Icelandair name change policy on this page before making any name changes to your booking.
Icelandair Name Change Fee
If you’re planning to make a name change/correction to your Icelandair reservation for flights departing from the United States, you will be charged a name change fee of USD 35. The name change fee for flights departing from other countries may be different, depending on the country of departure.
While it’s always best to double-check with the airline for the most up-to-date information, this fee is applicable for changes made to passenger names on Icelandair flights departing from the United States. It’s important to note that fees and policies may vary depending on the specific circumstances and ticket type, so it’s advisable to review the terms and conditions before making any changes.
Icelandair Name Correction vs Name Change
Although the term name change is loosely used to cover name changes and name corrections, both are different from each other.
Name corrections refer to minor errors, such as misspellings or typos, and include fixing small mistakes without changing the entire name. They may be done free of charge, depending on the error and by whom it was made (the airline or the passenger).
If you need to completely (or almost completely) change the name that appears on your ticket, such as due to marriage, divorce, or legal reasons, you will need to request a name change. Name changes typically come with a fee and require additional documentation, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, updated passport, etc. It’s important to note that name corrections and name changes must be requested within a certain timeframe before flight departure. For more information or assistance with name corrections or changes, contact Icelandair.
How to Change the Name on an Icelandair Ticket?
You can change (or correct) the name on an Icelandair ticket in 2 ways:
- By phone (call Icelandair’s customer service)
- Online through the support request form
(select Other under Type of Assistance and proceed)
It is important to note that name changes without supporting documentation will not be permitted, particularly if they involve a full name change or if the ticket has already been partially used. It is best to contact Icelandair as soon as possible instead of getting your name change implemented at the airport on the day of travel. This will ensure you don’t run into last-minute problems at the airport and aren’t forced to cancel your flight.
How to request a name change by phone?
To request a name change by phone, have your ticket information (booking reference number) ready when you call Icelandair’s customer service. Once you’re connected to Icelandair’s agent, explain that you need to change/correct the name presently appearing on your ticket and provide them with the correct name that should appear on your ticket. You will be asked to provide additional information and/or documentation to support the name change, along with the applicable name change fee. After you pay the name change fee, your name will be updated and you will receive a copy of your updated itinerary with the correct name by email.
Frequently Asked Questions About Icelandair Name Change Policy
If you’ve booked a flight with Icelandair and need to make a name change or correction, you may have some questions. In this section, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Icelandair name change policy. From understanding the fees involved to learning what documentation is required, you will find all the information you need below.
Iceland Air name correction policy allows passengers to make changes/corrections to the names on their tickets. If there is a minor spelling error or a title needs to be added or removed, Iceland Air may allow these changes free of charge. However, if substantial changes or corrections are needed, such as changing the entire name or correcting multiple errors, supporting documentation (passport, marriage/divorce papers, court decree, etc.) must be provided and additional fees may apply, depending on the country of departure.
Yes, you can change the name appearing on your ticket by contacting Icelandair’s customer service.
Yes, there is a fee associated with changing names on tickets. For flights departing from the U.S., the name change fee is USD 35 per name change. However, the exact amount may vary depending on the country of departure.
You can request a name change up to 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.
No, you can’t transfer your Icelandair ticket to someone else.
Generally, you will need to provide valid identification documents such as a passport, driver’s license, marriage/divorce, court decree, etc. to support your name change or name correction request.
No, only one name change is allowed per ticket.
Unfortunately, once a flight has departed, it is no longer possible to make any changes to the ticket, including name changes.
You can request a name change online through the official website. Alternatively, you can do it by phone (customer service) or through the travel agent you purchased your ticket from.
Icelandair does impose some restrictions on name changes for tickets. Full name changes are not permitted, unless due to marriage, divorce, adoption, or other legal reasons. In such situations, you must contact Icelandair directly for assistance, and provide valid legal documentation, such as your marriage/divorce certificate, court decree, etc.
Also, if you’re making a name correction due to a misspelling or typo, you may be asked to provide your legal ID, such as a passport or driver’s license.
If you misspell your name when booking a ticket on Icelandair, you must contact customer service as soon as possible and ask them to correct the error. While minor spelling mistakes may not cause significant issues, it is always best to ensure that your name matches the identification documents you will be using for travel. You may be required to present additional documentation to support the name change, along with a name change fee. To avoid any potential complications or delays at the airport, it is recommended to review your booking details carefully and reach out to the airline for assistance if needed.
You must request a name change as soon as possible after booking your ticket and before your scheduled departure date to ensure sufficient time for processing and any necessary documentation requirements.
Yes, you can, as long as you’re doing it to correct a misspelling/typo or reflect a legal name change so that the name that appears on your ticket matches that on your passport or legal ID.